As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] Rescue Palooza! New fan game out now.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Oh this was rushed as hell.v Oh and Raph is 8 feet tall for no reason cool. Coolcoolcool.

Hard pass.

Raph is bigger because he's a snapping turtle and the others are smaller varieties

Also I... really dig this style? I dont really understand what the outcry is over

I'm looking forward to it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I mean, it kind of looks to me like Homestar Runner circa 2004 animation, but with character design from that Loonatics Unleashed show Warner Brothers tried to do in the mid-aughts

but that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I don't mind the style so much, but in motion it looks like a cheap flash cartoon.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I thought I wouldn't like the style based on the picture but after watching the trailer I actually really like it.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    John Cena is the hero we don't deserve

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hyper RPG is working on a TMNT show!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Well that’s one way to end a war. Just finished the latest IDW collection of comics, which ends with issue #50. So still pretty far behind, all told, but that was a great story.
    Splinter vs Shredder in a final showdown, with Splinter winning and Shredder committing seppuku and getting beheaded, finding a sliver of honor and peace in his last moments. Now Splinter has taken over leadership of the Foot at the behest of Karai, and Mikey has quit, overwhelmed by everything that just happened. And that’s not even mentioning the whole subplot of Donnie’s resurrection and return.

Can’t wait for the next collection to hit in July.

• Options
    Hm, I've got trades that go beyond that, unless there's some omnibus you're referring to.

But yeah, I'm just a bit past that. Great stuff.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hm, I've got trades that go beyond that, unless there's some omnibus you're referring to.

But yeah, I'm just a bit past that. Great stuff.

I get the hardcover collections. They include all the mini-series as well and put everything in chronological order.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Ah, nice. Are those versions sold digitally as well? Might be worth the wait for me...

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Might as well add 300 to that diorama set.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    $125 doesn’t seem toooooo bad for that set. They look really good.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    $125 doesn’t seem toooooo bad for that set. They look really good.

Ive seen them for 99 each so its a crazy good deal.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Bloods End wrote: »

Oh my fucking God.

I really want that figures + diorama set.

God damn, that looks good.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    The TMNTCU is getting a reboot.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/paramount-third-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1202852427/

Wonder what direction they'll go in. God willing they dump the abysmal CG turtle designs and opt for something more classic.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Michael Bay is still attached, so don't get too excited

"The studio has hired Andrew Dodge, whose credits include “Bad Words,” to write the script. Producers are Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad Fuller through their Platinum Dunes production company."

• Options
    Bay is producing but I'll remain optimistic

Bay was a producer on stuff like A Quiet Place, so it's not like it's a death sentence to quality or anything

• Options
    I really
    Really
    Want a big screen version of Leo running fight with the foot with him alone. I know it's been done to death, I know we saw a version with raph in the first love action movie, but that whole issuen is one of my.fsvorite comic book moments ever

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I need to quit pining for somebody to figure out the Ninja Turtles and just write a spec script myself.

• Options
    Rise of the TMNT has a theme song

https://youtu.be/iNV6AXPeJeU

Animation looks decent for the theme song, but the clips we've seen so far haven't been this stylish

• Options
    Isn’t munchkin a card game or something

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

@Fuselage

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

@Fuselage

I've been summoned!

@Ceno, Munchkin is a competitive card game for 2+ players that has been around for a while. It has themes ranging from D&D (where it came from) to Sci-Fi, to Rick and Morty, to Wizard of Oz. The goal is to get to level 10 by defeating monsters or getting cards that just say you level up, or Cheat cards, while everyone else tries the same and screws you over in the process. The smaller the table the better, so you can constantly audit your friends' cards and make sure they aren't cheating, while you brazenly hold too many cards in your hand and hope they don't notice.

It's a game that really exemplifies Take-That gameplay, wherein you want to do something but have a table full of friends that angrily stop you from doing that. It was my entry into tabletop gaming as a hobby and sort of informed my early game moments and attitudes, but you won't find as many long-term fans of it once they start playing a wider variety of games.

Still, it's a viable casual card game to screw your friends over and get into arguments. Different expansions introduce different mechanics so play styles can vary, as long as they result in screwing somebody over.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Animation looks decent for the theme song, but the clips we've seen so far haven't been this stylish

I still don't get what they're going to do with Leo. Is he the angry one now? You can't steal leader from him, give it to Raph, and have Raph keep all his old traits.

• Options
    If I had to guess, there will be a story arc wherein Raph’s leadership screws something up big time or he is incapacitated and Leo has to step up. Probably a longer arc that results in a maturation of Leo’s character.

This seems to be a sort of alternate universe thing that disregards all other canon, so I don’t expect it to line up with any previous series.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I still don't get what they're going to do with Leo. Is he the angry one now? You can't steal leader from him, give it to Raph, and have Raph keep all his old traits.

I'm hoping that Leo remains the level headed tactical planner of the team who saw Raph's desire to lead and stepped back and let him give it a go rather than fight for the position. The show eventually has Raph grow enough self awareness to realize that his default setting of "Rage monster" makes for a terrible team leader. Maybe have a couple episodes where all the turtles take a turn calling the shots and each fails for whatever personality flaw/quirk most defines them, but that gives them all a chance to grow as characters.

I'm not hoping much though. That way lay disappointment.
    Disappointment and the realization that I'm almost 40 and probably shouldn't be spending this much time thinking about ninja turtles.

• Options
    Ah heck I’m 38 and they’re still the franchise closest to my heart

• Options
    One of my favorite things about the turtles is that with all the different variations and versions, something about it rings true for me. Tmnt is truly a modern classic, one that can survive ad many reboots as you can throw at it and still work in its universe

• Options
    My chief concern is how easy it is for children to get a hamburger on a rope to imitate Mikeys dumbest weapon yet

• Options

You know what? I'm fucking sold. This looks charming as all get out

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Honestly I thought this premiered a long time ago

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Good news everybody (or just those of us who don't have it blocked due to where we live), Nick has put the first episode of Rise on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9LU0Lj2FA
    Really not caring for this Splinter. Don't like his design, and his portrayal here...
    I don't know, Splinter as a lazy couch potato just doesn't work for me.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Re: Spoiler - I'm fine with it. Small role so far, and thetmy were probably never going to top last time, anyhow.

Loving this, though. Feels like just what I wanted -- something refreshingly different while still keeping that core essence.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    someone in texas:

go to this thing and tell me if they are selling prints and how much the prints are then buy me all the prints

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/cowabunga-mondo-celebrates-turtle-power-with-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-gallery-show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    someone in texas:

go to this thing and tell me if they are selling prints and how much the prints are then buy me all the prints

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/cowabunga-mondo-celebrates-turtle-power-with-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-gallery-show

I would do

Unspeakable things

For either of those posters for the 1990 movie

• Options
    Hey remember that time donnie straight up murdered shredder in the goddamn face

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/videos/1114374398719398/