As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World: PC released, AT Teo on consoles. MHGU: Aug 28

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Word of mouth on Extreme Behemoth seems to be that it's not very fun

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Viking wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So while the console Worlders seem to be having fun with some sort of asshole-sounding elder dragon, PC worlders have new event quests up as well. a low-rank hunt against poisonous fellows with increased bone drops, a monster threesome in the arena for decorations (seems to be a guaranteed rarity 6 feystone in the quest rewards, plus an unknown amount of chances at other feystones), a fight against all the forest monsters which the events page seems to indicate has a higher chance of gold-crown spawns, and a fight against what I assume is a pair of double-tempered beasties based on the HR30 requirement, that gives increased HR gains.
    Next week on PC we get a novelty hat from an event

I need to step up my pace; I've only just gotten to the Rotten Vale, and most of the new event quests are above my rank. >_<

Frem on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Is maximum might as good as it looks? I usually have full stamina when attacking (except aerials) and that's a lot of free crit chance.

It's gonna depend a lot on how much affinity you've got baked into your weapon. Like, you're probably getting 50% from weakness exploit and 5% from lvl4 attack boost. If your weapon has high affinity naturally the points may end up being mostly wasted as by the time you get much beyond 70% it becomes more valuable to add points to Crit Boost or just higher Attack Boost. If your weapon of choice has naturally low or negative affinity and your playstyle keeps you at high stamina pretty often? You'd probably see a pretty solid damage increase.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    You used to be able to make Decorations by grinding mats for them

i don't know why they decided to take the step forward of making Charms not RNG and craftable to the specific skill you want but then take the step backwards and make Decorations completely RNG

it's fucking dumb because certain gems are just essential if you want to get armor builds off the ground and being RNG gated to drop pools in tempereds is shit, especially when the Melder is also fucking RNG

like, are you kidding me Capcom, monster drops are all the RNG you need

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/46?tab=description

Texture fix mod to help with all the low resolution models in the game (mostly notable in armors, especially in cut scenes). Makes a world of difference. Might introduce issues, but I haven't seen any yet.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Makes a world of difference.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

I had a feeling it was going to be like that with how much content seems to be aimed at the ultra-hardcore players.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

I had a feeling it was going to be like that with how much content seems to be aimed at the ultra-hardcore players.

this doesn't seem like ultra-hardcore in the arch tempered sense

this is just mean

edit: not a single of the mon hun youtubers I follow made a video about it, which I find either very telling or mysterious depending how you look at it

editedit: some comments from some people who supposedly killed it

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at this again in a full group and using voice chat or something, but geez. probably needs everybody with wide range except the tank, seems like a para lance would be a good idea for the tank

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Shepard was still trying last night when I went to bed.

The content is super hard

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to MH on switch. I never finished that one on 3DS because I had just finished MH4, and its performance was amazing on the new 3DS XL whereas GU had pretty bad performance and the constant dips were just messing with me. The demo is very smooth and pretty, so can't wait to hop in proper.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
  • Options
    @Naphtali and @IceBurner

You both had great posts recently for content for the op and or Discord. Please PM them too me new thread time very soon.

It won't be immediately but I will try to get some time this weekend to rebuild the OP.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Woo! Teostra and Kulsaha down. Kushlaa's still a horrifying jerk to fight, i disapprove of this.

On the flipside, i've entirely unlocked my canteen, so that's useful. (Accursed downy crakes).

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Hey folks, I've been thinking about trying out the gunlance. Is there a consensus on which type (Normal, Wide, Long) is best/most reliable?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    wide seems the easiest to play (shell poke shell poke shell), normal you want to be full bursting, and long charge your shots

that's from a high rank, shelling focused build perspective however (and like entaru said, all the good lvl4 wide and long gunlances are locked behind kulve taroth)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    PC unfortunately does not get a good Wide GL for a bit.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    And then i took out Val Hazaak.

With a nut shot. Right in the dragon gems.

(I'm so sorry, Val Hazaak. You deserved a more honorable kill)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    zorah magdaros gunlance should be serviceable enough for a long shelling build. sharpness is not a huge problem for shelling builds

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Is flash pod immunity only for tempered? Or certain types?
    Was grinding some normal kushala and flash worked every time.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    Is flash pod immunity only for tempered? Or certain types?
    Was grinding some normal kushala and flash worked every time.
    It's a Tempered thing.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Tempered monsters have diminishing returns. Each subsequent pod has less effect and eventually none.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Say, is there a way to change the button prompts? I'm so used to Nintendo's typical face button layout that it takes me a second every time to parse the Xbox prompts that are used in the game.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    Say, is there a way to change the button prompts? I'm so used to Nintendo's typical face button layout that it takes me a second every time to parse the Xbox prompts that are used in the game.

Right here! https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/2

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

but seriously this is four speed runners beating extremoth with clusters & zorah HBG status spamming

in less than ten minutes

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So for some weird reason steam big picture was screwing with my controller buttons. It was somehow not recognizing that I was in game but the controller was active so it was doing desktop things/not doing game buttons

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    So for some weird reason steam big picture was screwing with my controller buttons. It was somehow not recognizing that I was in game but the controller was active so it was doing desktop things/not doing game buttons

Are you in the Steam beta? I've heard that's been causing controller problems in MHW.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Hit the HR for the tempered kirin quest, saiyan horses continue to be pains. And now I have a quest to beat up four tough guys at once in the arena.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Extreme behemoth is agony incarnate. I’m normally pretty stubborn about these types of things (in that I will slam my head against the wall when it comes to hard content almost indefinitely), but this shit isn’t fun.

biscuitbutt81 on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

I’ve had trouble with this bug for literally years. The easiest fix is to go to Steam’s controller settings, edit the “desktop configuration” option, and load the default controller template.

This will also fix Steam breaking your controller inputs in every non-Steam game on your system.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I decided to be fiscally irresponsible and rebuy this on PC, where I'll be able to play more regularly. But this time I'm going to try to use weapons I don't often use, instead of ending up in my usual comfort zone of Lance/Charge Blade/SnS.

Trying with Longsword, Swaxe, and Hunting Horn. Longsword and Swaxe are working good. Hunting Horn, holy cow I took way too long to bring down the first freaking Kulu Ya Ku. I just don't get how this weapon... well, anything.

EDIT: Also, I'm getting weird freezes. Like, 95% of the time the game runs smooth as butter, but then I go in against a Pukei and it just... stops entirely for some four or five seconds, then continues. It's dd. Wonder what could be causing it.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Extream behemoth is basically mechanics that are not monster Hunter being shoehorned into Monster Hunter.

It is not even the hardest monster in MH history no matter what they say bit at least those monsters still held the classical MH mechanics.

Like I hear Super diviants in GenU are really hard but they don't ask you to suddenly play a different game to beat them.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    That being said one monster that only has cosmetic locked behind it is not a super big deal.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I beat all the story things and got the credits. Now to farm up fashion outfits! Probably while without armour, because doing all the late-game elders like that for mats seems like a brilliant idea. I thought the trio would be worse to do than, well, they proved to be, but I guess with the Nergigante sword, decently upgraded armour and liberal use of buff potions anything is quite doable. Sparklepony is still my nemesis, though.

Oh, and so far I've done everything with Longswords, except Arena. And Arena keeps proving to me that a lot of the weapons, especially the slow ones, are not for me.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I decided to be fiscally irresponsible and rebuy this on PC, where I'll be able to play more regularly. But this time I'm going to try to use weapons I don't often use, instead of ending up in my usual comfort zone of Lance/Charge Blade/SnS.

Trying with Longsword, Swaxe, and Hunting Horn. Longsword and Swaxe are working good. Hunting Horn, holy cow I took way too long to bring down the first freaking Kulu Ya Ku. I just don't get how this weapon... well, anything.

EDIT: Also, I'm getting weird freezes. Like, 95% of the time the game runs smooth as butter, but then I go in against a Pukei and it just... stops entirely for some four or five seconds, then continues. It's dd. Wonder what could be causing it.

Certain effects in the game (e.g. the thunder particles from thunder weapons) cause massive CPU spikes. It's a bug that Capcom has yet to acknowledge AFAIK.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

Certain effects in the game (e.g. the thunder particles from thunder weapons) cause massive CPU spikes. It's a bug that Capcom has yet to acknowledge AFAIK.

Also includes monsters with particle effects. PC hard locks at times when fighting teo or kirin

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

but seriously this is four speed runners beating extremoth with clusters & zorah HBG status spamming

in less than ten minutes
    10 minutes is a looooong time for that

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

in less than ten minutes
    10 minutes is a looooong time for that

Yep. He has a crazy amount of health.

• Options
    50k hp

regular is around 35k

• Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    Something happened with mhw in the last day or two, and I can barely connect to any online sessions anymore. I’ve never had this issue before, but I pretty much get error code 5038f-mw1 for everything now.

My PS4 is detecting my nat type as 2 and I DONT have any issues with any other games ...

Sigh, I’m probably wasting my time by posting about this, because I know that other people have struggled with this in the past, and that there was never any real solution.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've those same issues since day 1.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc