As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How many EXALTED fan here?

AuxiliaryAuxiliary Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
I'm a big time EXALTED fan.

I got in at day one. Then again, I've always had luck with White Wolf's alternative games. 2nd Edition is a fine game, just it's taking my local crew some time to get use to the new social combat system.

I'm curious how many locals are fans of the game? Do you have the 2nd Edition books?

Would you love an IRC game?

449065309_fb9d9dc0b2_o.jpg
Suburban Ninja on the long lonely road of ninjitsu.
Pokemon Diamond - 5412 6392 0193
Auxiliary on

• Options
    Jolly-ollyJolly-olly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm about to partake in a 2nd edition Dragon-blooded game from the same ST that ran a fucking awesome Solar game.

It's based in the eastern(?) portion of creation right when the scarlet empress disappears and the sheild for this end of creation is all but forgotten in the squablings of the houses.

Its going to be REALLY crazy trying to defend the blessed isle from everything out there when were under-funded and under-manned.

I may be interested in an exalted game if there's enough support.

Jolly-olly on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Ha ha, you said "fan".

Squashua on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm not the biggest fan of the system myself, though I think the setting is wonderfully imaginative.

The thing is, though, there's a strong lobby for it in my gaming group, so I'll probably end up running it, someday.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    barrelvbarrelv Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    I'm a fairly big fan of Exalted, world and rules. It’s a unique (to me at least) setting and a system that rewards you for being creative. Sidereal particularly has become a new favorite for me.

it is worth saying, however, that playing Exalted has made me realize that you need a great group of players and an even better ST/GM to make it work. I don't want to imagine the pain of trying to play with an unprepared ST or character twinks... I think that would result in someone getting a bag of d10s somewhere must unpleasant.

barrelv on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    barrelv wrote:
    I'm a fairly big fan of Exalted, world and rules. It’s a unique (to me at least) setting and a system that rewards you for being creative. Sidereal particularly has become a new favorite for me.

it is worth saying, however, that playing Exalted has made me realize that you need a great group of players and an even better ST/GM to make it work. I don't want to imagine the pain of trying to play with an unprepared ST or character twinks... I think that would result in someone getting a bag of d10s somewhere must unpleasant.
    You mean like the back seat of a volkswagen?
    Sorry, I had to.

I've never heard of exalted, admittedly I don't have much experience with roleplaying games outside of the console world. Anyone want to fill me in?

see317 on
  • Options
    wateyadwateyad Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fantasy setting inspired by everything except Tolkein. If it's cool it's probably in there somewhere. Default starting PCs who are the rough equivalent of Epic level D&D characters but it's a different paradigm, one where playing characters that insanely powerful actually works. Someone else will probably come along with a much better description, I'm terrible at this.

wateyad on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    wateyad wrote:
    Fantasy setting inspired by everything except Tolkein. If it's cool it's probably in there somewhere. Default starting PCs who are the rough equivalent of Epic level D&D characters but it's a different paradigm, one where playing characters that insanely powerful actually works. Someone else will probably come along with a much better description, I'm terrible at this.

and still not strong enough!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Exalted is great. I ran one campaign of it using First Edition, in which the characters defended a city from the machinations of a bunch of Abyssals after the technomagical wonder hidden somewhere in the city. Said wonder turned out to be a massively powerful manse designed in such a way that you couldn't detect it until you were inside, as well as a set of uber-warstriders that worked without hearthstones as long as you were near the city, sort of like the Exalted version of Evas. Looking back on it, it was a pretty dumb plot, but it was shitloads of fun.

I've got a better plot idea for Dragon-Blooded based on something I read in an old issue of InQuest. The PC's meet each other in a bar room brawl (or some other violent social mistake) and are all forced to join the Vermillion Legion by their families as a way of permanently getting rid of them/straightening them out. To get out of the Legion, they have to combine actual military prowess (the role of the fighter-types) with smooth talking aimed at their superior officers (the role of the more social-types), both of which can be backed up by stealthy dealings of dubious character. I could also throw in an Abyssal army, one linked to the worst massacre ever perpetuated by the Legion (scroll down to the bottom to find it). That one sound good to anyone?

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    Juergen HubertJuergen Hubert Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm currently running an Exalted campaign. Three of the characters exalted as Solars on modern-day Earth and were subsequently abducted to Creation by a Gold Faction Sidereal, who conveniently died just after they went through a portal to Creation, thus trapping them there.

They emerged in the High Lands of An-Teng, meddled in local politics, joined forces with three other Solars (native to Creation this time), and are now currently trying to prevent the destruction of Gem (what else?), which is currently being threatened by a Lunar warlord, an invading Fair Folk army, and the forces of the First & Forsaken Lion...

I had to rewrite surprisingly little of the background to allow modern-day Earth and Creation co-exist in the same setting, too...

Juergen Hubert on
    UrbisBanner.jpg
  • Options
    PeteLPeteL Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'd be interested in a game of Exalted. It's such a great setting.

PeteL on
    -Pete
  • Options
    Mason.PMason.P Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    me and my roomates all play exalted, and we havw friends over to play and run games also. we currently have 2 active Exalted games running, each with it's different merits. you gotta love a game where you play the penultimate of heros, and you start out not knowing what the hell's going on.

Mason.P on
  • Options
    Juergen HubertJuergen Hubert Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mason.P wrote:
    me and my roomates all play exalted, and we havw friends over to play and run games also. we currently have 2 active Exalted games running, each with it's different merits. you gotta love a game where you play the penultimate of heros, and you start out not knowing what the hell's going on.

And then you do learn what's going on and wish you hadn't. And then you realize that you can never truly go home again.

Juergen Hubert on
    UrbisBanner.jpg