As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pagination issues

Fallout2manFallout2man Vault DwellerRegistered User regular
So, I just noticed this while reading a particularly long thread, and then again, reading a few pages deep of D&D to see if I'd missed any good discussion.

The pagination highlights the given page in display of pages to select, but it acts as a link to the same page. This seems awfully redundant. Pagination usually displays the current page as a static UI piece that is not clickable; or at least that's how I see most forums do it.

What say ye?

On Ignorance:
Kana wrote:
If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
Fallout2man on

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure I understand how this is an issue. It's not incorrect in showing you what page you are on, and while it doesnt need to be a link, you can go back to the top of the page by clicking it.

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Iruka wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand how this is an issue. It's not incorrect in showing you what page you are on, and while it doesnt need to be a link, you can go back to the top of the page by clicking it.

That right there. It's a minor quirk but I thought I'd point it out. Also, If you want it to take you back to the top then you'd typically just use a #hash (I.E. <a href="#Item_0">Top of the Page</a>) to get back to an id at the top of the page without reloading it. Also, this only makes sense for the breadcrumbs at the bottom. What purpose would it have at the top of the page?

It's really a small nitpick, but I <3 this forum enough that I wanted to point it out.

Fallout2man on
    On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    We've got bigger bugs to fry, but I appreciate the input.

This discussion has been closed.