As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Well that was stupid

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A waitress tonight told me I look like Michael Cera

:rotate:

Not only is that crappy, it's not even TRUE

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’ve had at least four customers say I look like Chris Farley.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm here for all your Canadian marriage-related questioning. I have an American husband and he doesn't regret it one bit, except he's still getting used to our winters, and that some words magically have a "u" in them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Wait what's wrong with Canadians?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    The apologies are contagious.

Hang out with a Canadian for an extended period of time and you run a very real risk of becoming a decent human being.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    a fate worse than death

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    The apologies are contagious.

Hang out with a Canadian for an extended period of time and you run a very real risk of becoming a decent human being.

Oh, mine doesn't do that so much.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    does it actually glow under blacklight?

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I need to buy a blacklight to find out but i really want to lmao

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh my goddddddd that looks amazing

I’ve been questioning coloring my hair for the first time but I honestly have no clue what I’d even like or what would look good

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/HgKwPrm7DYQ

also we should probably watch the canada talk last time they burned the white hou-........

HEY CANADA I BET YOU TOTALLY COULDN'T DO IT AGAIN

• Options

I’ve been questioning coloring my hair for the first time but I honestly have no clue what I’d even like or what would look good

i cannot recommend it enough

i saw pyra in xenoblade chronicles 2 and decided i should just get that hair

• Options

i cannot recommend it enough

i saw pyra in xenoblade chronicles 2 and decided i should just get that hair

I’m literally having lunch with my stylist right now and we’re throwing out ideas for color and I’m pretty excited because this might happen soon

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Yeah.

I was helping my wife with her evening meds, she has some physical problems, and she kept asking me what was wrong. I kept dodging it as I always have but something in me just snapped and I came out.

Then she asked me to leave the room.

I feel pretty shitty right now but at the same time. Free?

Eh. This sucks. Mostly.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So, good news and bad news.

Bad news: On Saturday, Canadian Donald Trump Doug Ford's party adopted as part of their policy that they no longer recognized gender identity theory. This was at the behest/with the support of a Tanya Olaric Allen, a member of the Progressive Conservative party who has said that gay sex is revolting to her, and whose support was crucial to getting The Man Who Would Be CEO-King Doug Ford his spot as leader of the Ontario PCs.

This upset a group of conservative LGBT activists, who for some reason were surprised by the leopards threatening to eat their faces. (Spoiler for, not a word of a lie, trans erasure in their name while they complain about the PCs trying to remove gender identity theory.)

Good news: Today, the Rich White Literal Drug Dealer Who Embodies White Supremacy, Patriarchy, and Heteronormativity Doug Ford, said that they weren't going to try to enact it.

'It's done': Ford says gender identity debate will not go forward
    CityNews wrote:
    Ontario Premier Doug Ford says he will not be moving forward with a proposed policy on gender identity introduced at a weekend convention of his Progressive Conservative party.

I'm thinking they ran the numbers and decided that even though their party has a majority in the legislature they probably wouldn't be able to shove this thing through.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I have a date with a pretty lady tomorrow and I'm pretty diggety dang nervous y'all

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Usagi wrote: »
    I have a date with a pretty lady tomorrow and I'm pretty diggety dang nervous y'all

she's probably more nervous than you because you're friggin' hot, gurl

you're gonna slam dunk this date

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

she's probably more nervous than you because you're friggin' hot, gurl

you're gonna slam dunk this date

<3

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait, the Progressive Conservative Party?

What? Which idiot came up with that name?

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    Yeah.

I was helping my wife with her evening meds, she has some physical problems, and she kept asking me what was wrong. I kept dodging it as I always have but something in me just snapped and I came out.

Eh. This sucks. Mostly.

Try to concentrate on the “free” feeling

There could be some real heavy shit coming your way

You can absolutely face it and come out on top, as you.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

there was oh so many.

the short version is that the right wing parties saw their base moving left and to consolidate power the reform party and a few other parties became one party under a clever ruse of a name.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Yeah.

Eh. This sucks. Mostly.

This is a situation that always sucks, but I promise it’s always worth it no matter what happens. You finally get to be You. And I hope your wife takes this journey with you if that is indeed what you want. E-family can’t hold you at night but we can tell you everything will okay

incredibly difficult, but okay

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

there was oh so many.

the short version is that the right wing parties saw their base moving left and to consolidate power the reform party and a few other parties became one party under a clever ruse of a name.

Ingenious!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

there was oh so many.

Ingenious!

the amount of times they have scammed their way into power, i would say it is working.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

there was oh so many.

Ingenious!

the amount of times they have scammed their way into power, i would say it is working.

They only have to be more progressive than other conservatives to have it be true, so..

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I mean, the Australian Liberal Party is anything but, so it's not like we have to look far from home for misleading names chris!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yeah.

Eh. This sucks. Mostly.

Yeah

My marriage didn't survive my coming out. It won't necessarily be ok; some people are just straight. Some people's marriages do last through it, and that's good for them.

Even if she can't be married to a woman, you can still be each others' family and close friends for the rest of your lives. But maybe she can! Female sexuality is ostensibly v flexible.

Feel free to pm on this topic if you want. I did not cope with the situation well, exactly, but I remained functional on a day-to-day basis and got through the worst of my feelings and things are very much on the upswing for me.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

there was oh so many.

Ingenious!

They're the No'-As-Progressive-As-Centrist-Jock-But-More-Progressive-Than-Conservative-Jock Jock Party.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah.

Eh. This sucks. Mostly.

Congratulations on telling her, that is huge. I'm sorry she didn't react well. But now things can move forward at least.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Thank you everyone.

The support is making this easier.

She has since had some text conversations with me. So we are talking and she's being tentatively supportive. We just have to let time see what it does here.

This is really this culmination of a downward spiral I have been in for the last year. There were just parts of my brain that decided that I either had to face this or. . .

Anyway I chose to face it if maybe not gracefully apparently.

I am truly happy for the support of this thread. :heartbeat:

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    You got this.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

It's a long thread. It's a sad thread. I'm not done yet. But I've had to take a few breaks to go cry

Don't look at statistics.
    Did you know the average lifespan for a trans PoC?
    32. 32 fucking years old. I'm 32.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want to make it clear I am giving you an awesome for what you are doing, not for the content.

You're an amazing person, Erin. I couldn't be that strong.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I want to make it clear I am giving you an awesome for what you are doing, not for the content.

So many people. It breaks my goddamn heart. Also Twitter blocked me from adding more so I brought the podcast account in for the finish.

I will not be stopped

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

So many people. It breaks my goddamn heart. Also Twitter blocked me from adding more so I brought the podcast account in for the finish.

I will not be stopped

Wait what? They blocked you from tweeting out the names? Why?

• Options
    never die wrote: »

I will not be stopped

Wait what? They blocked you from tweeting out the names? Why?

I believe a thread can only be 25 tweets long

• Options
    Yeah eventually you gotta spin off a new thread (usually by saving the last tweet in the thread for a link to the next thread)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.