Options

movies: at any moment in your life, you, too, could fall into a pit full of snakes...

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    squidbillies worked because for years before it debuted, it was this joke hypothetical show in the adult swim bumpers

and then it happened

and it was the dumbest goddamn shit imaginable

the long con paid off

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Squidbillies hit VERY close to home.

Literally, Unknown Hinson plays at one of my bars here like a couple times a year or so.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    squidbillies worked because for years before it debuted, it was this joke hypothetical show in the adult swim bumpers

and then it happened

and it was the dumbest goddamn shit imaginable

the long con paid off

that's what perfect hair forever was too

• Options
    you mean the only good anime, perfect hair forever

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

ah, so that's what was weird about The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

that's been bugging me for years

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    TOMB OF DRACULA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Tim & Eric are incredibly talented, skilled guys who chose to make a show that was the equivalent of a 13 year old's lOl sO rAnDoMmmmmm livejournal post.

In their defense, that was during that super fucking weird era of TV shows that were On Purpose Extremely Bad, e.g. Xavier Renegade Angel or Squidbillies.

One of these things is not like the others and it’s Squidbillies.

• Options
    that was japanimation

it's different

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Squidbillies hit VERY close to home.

Literally, Unknown Hinson plays at one of my bars here like a couple times a year or so.

I saw him play on Halloween in Asheville a few years ago
    What a weird scene
    I love that dude

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Deadline says Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya) is in talks to direct Disney's live-action Cruella starring Emma Stone
    Alex Timbers, the acclaimed Broadway director-writer and co-creator of Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle, was going to direct the film, but the latest development is all about timing, I’m told. Basically, Disney has decided it needs the movie to start production sooner than it expected to. Which means, start pre-production immediately and begin shooting next year.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Not sure anybody needed a deeper look at Cruella

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I wasn't a fan of Tim & Eric's show, but I really liked their Old Spice ads.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    She's cruel, a devil

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I wholly reject the idea of a movie that, in the style of Maleficent, might try to expand upon the character of Cruella De Vil, an old rich lady that hires burglars to slaughter puppies.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I wholly reject the idea of a movie that, in the style of Maleficent, might try to expand upon the character of Cruella De Vil, an old rich lady that hires burglars to slaughter puppies.

What if she feels bad about it and has a boy she's trying to raise right and smokes cigarettes while looking out on the desert

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Not sure anybody needed a deeper look at Cruella

Counterpoint: puppies

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    THR reports Netflix is making a Between Two Ferns movie with Zach Galifianakis, directed and produced by Scott Aukerman.

It has supposedly been secretly filming for months and isn't far off from release

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    scarface but it's cruella deville

replace cocaine with puppies

also like, no white people playing latinx people

boom. i'm there day one

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

boom. i'm there day one

Who should direct this fucker. Cuz it ain’t Craig Gillespie.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    A lot of that weird Adult Swim era didn't work for me but I loved Squidbillies
    They managed to nail some very real backwoods mannerisms in between all the nonsense
    Also it's why I will sometimes still refer to all vampires collectively as Draculas

Edit: Herschel Walker Cuyler Them Dawgs Is Hell Don't They is the best character name

honest to god as someone from the south squidbillies frighteningly gets more right than it gets wrong.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I hope its about a dalmatian slowly ruining her life

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

boom. i'm there day one

my heart says the rza, but my brain says boots riley

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

boom. i'm there day one

my heart says the rza, but my brain says boots riley

Damn, you’re good at this.

I was thinking Bong Joon-ho if he could go buck wild. But no one could stop Riley from just going there.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    A lot of that weird Adult Swim era didn't work for me but I loved Squidbillies
    They managed to nail some very real backwoods mannerisms in between all the nonsense
    Also it's why I will sometimes still refer to all vampires collectively as Draculas

Edit: Herschel Walker Cuyler Them Dawgs Is Hell Don't They is the best character name

honest to god as someone from the south squidbillies frighteningly gets more right than it gets wrong.

I only lived in Mississippi for a year, but Early's obsession with muddin' seems especially true to me

• Options
    Listen, who hasn't been muddin'

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I saw an interview with Glenn Close where she said that each of her characters is sympathetic in their own way, even the murderous bunny killer in Fatal Attraction, and that no character she has ever played is truly evil. except Cruella de Vil

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

I can't believe I'm now going to say that I genuinely loved what Once Upon a Time did with Cruella. The show had this need to give a bunch of its villains tragic backstories or struggles or whatever to add depth to them. With Cruella
    when they did her Origin Episode, you find out that her mom was keeping Little Cruella locked in a room and is probably a black widow that has killed all her husbands

except then it turns out that it was actually Cruella that did that, which is why she was locked up, because Cruella de Vil is a complete and total goddamn sociopath

kaceyp on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWrkALIuvCk

• Options

How about one set in the 80s with a "punk vibe"

Which according to THR this movie is.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    scarface is from the eighties!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Scarface came out earlier this year.

• Options
    scarface came out sometime in the renaissance

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    scarface came out in the distant future

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Scarface, much like Lucy from the film Lucy, inhabits every point of time and space simultaneously and has always and will always be with us

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

How about one set in the 80s with a "punk vibe"

Which according to THR this movie is.

Okay but punk rock Cruella De Vil does sound like it might be entirely my type so maybe I am actually on board with this dumb movie?

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    it is just going to have that fucking Joan Jett song in it. ah, what's the use

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Scarface was the production codename for the Lion King remake

Tynnan on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

boom. i'm there day one

So at the end she just slams her face into a mountain of Dalmatians and snorts them?

• Options
    wait.

WAIT.

Who does the punk rock cover of Cruella De Vil?

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.