As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Switched up my Fryevia gear to better balance ATK and MAG. Lost about 200MAG but gained more than that in ATK, so it should make her do more damage against things with balanced DEF/SPR. Also, I get to use Lightlord's Armor on her which frees up DFina's STMR for someone else.
    Could you show how you’re gearing her? I’m having trouble figuring out what makes sense for mine...

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Fryevia's Needle (IW: 17% MAG, 10% ATK)
    Royal Crown
    Lightlord's Armor
    Cursed Doll
    Omega Medal
    Adventurer V
    Power of Creation
    Letters and Armsx2

There's some room there to grow, especially when A.Fryevia comes with her hybrid robes allowing for replacement of Lightlord's Armor and enabling use of multiple Nature Loving Spellblades. More access to hybrid head gear and accessories is coming as well.

If I had more than 1 Kunshira I'd probably go back to using DFina's STMR robes and slap a bunch of Nature Loving Spellblades on there and get an even more ATK/MAG balanced build.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Grats! Would be nice if Gumi could roll out a functional friends list.

Not only that, there's room for some QoL improvements for the friend's list, too.

Being able to have multiple units setup as a companion unit for your friends to choose from would be awesome. I'd give every player a separate "Companion" party slot with its own inventory (ala Arena) that you can set and equip and then your friends can select which unit to use. Want a tank? Take their Wilhelm / M. Ramza. Want a healer? Take their Ayaka / CG Fina. And so on and so forth. You want to fill your companion party with all DPS (assuming you can gear them)? Go for it.

It ain't happening, but it'd be super dope.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »

Not only that, there's room for some QoL improvements for the friend's list, too.

Being able to have multiple units setup as a companion unit for your friends to choose from would be awesome. I'd give every player a separate "Companion" party slot with its own inventory (ala Arena) that you can set and equip and then your friends can select which unit to use. Want a tank? Take their Wilhelm / M. Ramza. Want a healer? Take their Ayaka / CG Fina. And so on and so forth. You want to fill your companion party with all DPS (assuming you can gear them)? Go for it.

Actually, that's how the friend units in JP work now (or will work shortly). You can set up like 5 different units, all with their own individual gearing set-ups. When you looks for a friend unit you can scroll through all the tabs and pick whatever you want. The tabs are even named like "Trial1, Trial2, Event1, Event2, etc"

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Seriously considering UoC for a 2nd TT and then I could still UoC Sieghard (in 2 weeks) if I only end up with one after all summons are done. There's nothing meta-defining coming for a few months right?

All of the fast kills on the Mad Doll and Venomous Vines trials use TT, but I wonder if 7* GL Sakura could pull it off too.

I think I'm going to try Mad Doll next and go with a hybrid damage build Fryevia. @Cruor your Fryevia would be awesome to complement mine if you put her with Diabolos (w/ Demon Killers). I swapped out a Spirit Slayer for some extra damage, but it's not necessary.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm also considering using UoC for TT since I get a "free" 10 for going to the fan festa. I think I'm going to wait to see if we get any news about Xenogears this weekend, because I'll go hard after Elly instead if she's not far off.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Think about what you would use TT for either currently or for upcoming trials and if you really need her.

She will usually melt things like story boss rushes, but those aren't too hard anyway.
    Next real trial is Dark Espers 2 which she isn't much help on.
    Next reborn trial is Gilg+ which she also isn't much help on.
    Looking at the next few 10 mans I'm not sure she really fits either.

She's strong just don't see a reason to UoC her, unless either you just want her (but know she might not get used much more), or a reason comes along, in which case no harm just waiting.

Vines is a pushover with TT but can be done with other units. I don't know of GLS can one shot or not but you could for sure use her to kill it . I can set one up if you wanna try. Mad doll isn't too bad to do the normal way either with a hybrid or even just hyoh.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Actually, that's how the friend units in JP work now (or will work shortly). You can set up like 5 different units, all with their own individual gearing set-ups. When you looks for a friend unit you can scroll through all the tabs and pick whatever you want. The tabs are even named like "Trial1, Trial2, Event1, Event2, etc"

Really? I guess I missed the news when that came out in JP. That's awesome. When yoi have a few awesome units, it's nice to be able to share them / show them off.

Zomro on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Tiphares wrote: »
    There's nothing meta-defining coming for a few months right?

Depends on whether or not we get Xenogears in January (which would be on schedule I believe). If so, Elly and Citan rocket to the top of the MAG and ATK DPS charts, respectively. Elly is still the #1 MAG DPS unit in JP, for what it's worth.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I'm also considering using UoC for TT since I get a "free" 10 for going to the fan festa. I think I'm going to wait to see if we get any news about Xenogears this weekend, because I'll go hard after Elly instead if she's not far off.

I'm jealous. I bought a ticket thinking it was in November because I didn't pay attention. I was in the area then for Blizzcon and a family vacation but back in Omaha now.

• Options
    Nevermind on Calcabrina tonight. I won't have time to try before maintenance. 1/2 NRG for trials ends tonight, right?

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Shit, I didn't even know that started

.. I'm sure it'll happen again.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I thought about pushing them, but I have over 500 nrg pots so procrastination wins again!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah every time I think about going after the Scorn of the 2-Headed Dragon, something comes up. Just haven't had that sort of free time that allows for researching and planning. Doing the raid is basically all I can slot in now.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I forced myself to do Antenolla and 2-Headed Dragon rebirth fights with the 1/2 NRG, as well as Shaula. I got some tries in on Marching Beasts but have to reevaluate my party. Maybe I'll take a stab at Nunki before maintenance.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Nevermind on Calcabrina tonight. I won't have time to try before maintenance. 1/2 NRG for trials ends tonight, right?

It looks like it ends tomorrow night actually.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    So, Brachium. Any tips?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I forced myself to do Antenolla and 2-Headed Dragon rebirth fights with the 1/2 NRG, as well as Shaula. I got some tries in on Marching Beasts but have to reevaluate my party. Maybe I'll take a stab at Nunki before maintenance.

I found Nunki to be pretty easy to 5-man. 7*Loren makes Marching Beasts much more manageable, as does a tank that can do both physical and magical tanking. Who are you using for damage for Marching Beasts?

• Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »

It looks like it ends tomorrow night actually.
    Cool. I will give Mad Dolls another try tomorrow. I know I got it next time.

• Options
    edited December 2018

I found Nunki to be pretty easy to 5-man. 7*Loren makes Marching Beasts much more manageable, as does a tank that can do both physical and magical tanking. Who are you using for damage for Marching Beasts?

I was using TTerra and a friend TTerra, the damage was fine, T Terra chains are brutal. What was messing me up at first is the Terror Knight phase since he does the AoE death when he dies, and does a ludicrous amount of damage on his turn. An AoE Reraise followed by a Raise or Full Raise on him works, but I don't have CG Fina so I'd have to use Yan or Rikku for their LBs. I tried Yan, but that left me without a Dispelga for the last phase, and I wanted to keep Ayaka in for casting Dedication to help the T Terras' MP along with CG Nichol. From watching videos it looked like breaks wpuld be enough to keep Europa's damage down, but I didn't expect the damage it does when in Impact Mode. So I"m going to put a tank back in and go without Yan and just try to get by the Terror Knight with just a Dualcast Reraise and maybe have my tank use a Safety Bit / Genji Shield and then recover on the phase after that.

Zomro on
  • Options

I still haven't done anything past Aigaion. :rotate:

• Options
    Finally got a decent macro to work. Had to record it extra slow as Nox is prone to lagging fits. Just one threw the game back on the main screen where I had to babysit it back to the right spot. Had to set the filters to only show 4* and sort by level.

Of course I summoned everything at 7pm, and forgot all about it till I was about to go to bed lol. Not sure if it's worth 10 raid orbs to finish merging 78 minitaurs in the morning or just mass merge now.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Beat the Marching Beasts. None of my T Terra friends were available but one of my GLS friends was. They worked really well. Enough damage to get through the fights and then they could use a single target Reraise which let me get a few more people revived after the AoE death. Used Lilith as well, and she has a self cast Reraise which is great, too. So I could get four Reraises out, Lilith's, both GLS' and Ayaka DC Reraise and Full Raise to kill the Terror Knight

Zomro on
  • Options
    There are new bundles found in the data mine that have UOC tickets.

It begins.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    A. Fryevia is looking pretty good. She can chain with so many families. Including Aureole Ray. I don't have a chaining partner for Loren outside of Lunera. Something to consider when A. Fryevia shows up.

• Options
    Game is up. Last day of lapis Simmons, and the 4* ticket fiesta summon starts today.

• Options
    Goddamn A.Fryevia looks good. And her STMR sword is named Daybreak. What a baller-ass name for a sword.

• Options
    I didn't get any raimbows from all of the free daily summons, which isn't too surprising, but my first Fan Festa ticket was a straight up rainbow. Broke into my fourth Wilhelm! That's a nice suit of armor.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I didn't get any raimbows from all of the free daily summons, which isn't too surprising, but my first Fan Festa ticket was a straight up rainbow. Broke into my fourth Wilhelm! That's a nice suit of armor.

Hey. Hey.

Give me one of those Wilhelms.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Goddamn A.Fryevia looks good. And her STMR sword is named Daybreak. What a baller-ass name for a sword.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dawnbreaker_(Skyrim)?

maraji on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wait, so they release a new-and-improved version of Fryevia right after I manage to land two copies and get 7* normal Fryevia?

God dangit.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Wow, you guys aren't kidding. A. Fryevia is nuts. Four different chaining families, A. Mirror of Equity, Onion Slice, Aureole Ray and Divine Ruination. And she gets a Disorder frame chaining move with Fryevia if on the same party.

Built in W-Ability and multiple ways to unlock T-Ability. The only real downside is being locked into mostly light damage, which is a fairly common resistance. But looking at it, only her DR move had base light damage, the others seem to be no element, so you can equip her with a different element weapon.

Wow, she's really good.

• Options
    A.Fryevia does comparable damage to Kurasame (assuming you can perfect chain QH, if not A.Fryevia is much better).

• Options
    I didn't get any rainbows from all of the free daily summons, which isn't too surprising, but my first Fan Festa ticket was a straight up rainbow. Broke into my fourth Wilhelm! That's a nice suit of armor.

My last free daily pull got me my first rainbow, 5th Wilhelm (yay?). The Fan Fiesta ticket dropped rainbow as well for my 3rd Aileen. Really wish this luck had been on the type banners. Last lapis draw was only 50.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Last free lapis and free summon were busts. I did not pull the Fan Festa ticket yet. I may wait until the last day and pull all of them at once. I know the banner is limited to everything up till now so there's no reason to wait, but it feels like the odds are better to pull a rainbow when pulling multiple 4* tickets at once versus one each day. I'm getting pretty anxious about pulling on the step-up tomorrow because I've been hoarding for so long. I hope it is good to me.

edit: From reddit on the latest data mine. "There is a new GLEX limit burst called Eye See You, dealing damage and SPR break for 3 turns to all enemies. Likely for Christmas GLEX unit" Sounds like a new unit that is Santa Claus based. They went quite literal with the Halloween new units. The same could be true for Christmas : Santa and his elf are the new 5*s.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I’m so frustrated by strats that assume you can perfect chain quad chaos wave, but don’t mention it. I’m on my seventh reset of wave 1 of marching beasts.

• Options
    Strange, I don't think I had to spark chain anything. I did use Zarg to buff up on some waves. I can throw my T.Terra up on Alexander for the machine killer if you need.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    A.Fry has AR chains? She can join up with my Loren and Viktor then. This team is getting fun.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Strange, I don't think I had to spark chain anything. I did use Zarg to buff up on some waves. I can throw my T.Terra up on Alexander for the machine killer if you need.

It’s the trash waves that live. I haven’t made it to Europa. Finally gave up after restarting two dozen times. Going to try with Hyoh next, but now that I’m looking at the fights in more detail I’ll have to rework my team a bit.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    I've been trying to clear Great Explosion Festival, but I can't get enough fire damage to kill Dad Bomb on the nova round. My chainers are 7* Malphasie (Salamander Gauntlet/Brotherhood); Raegan (Crimson saber/Aqua Blade); and Orlandeau (Hyonomoto/Aqua Blade), with a Friend Freyvia to complete the ice chain.

I can usually kill Mom Bomb (fire) at the right time, but Dad Bomb always survives. Any suggestions for how I'm gearing or planning to get this done before the energy discount ends?

This discussion has been closed.