As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart blind box- found something similar at Toys R Us and am confused

LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD?Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
So I collect my fair share of pins,but I was in a Toys R Us the other day (Canadian) and noticed something odd.

I found these pins for sale by the cash, they look officially licensed, and except for the gold Mario and the Lakitu, look pretty much identical to the Pinny Arcade Mario Kart Blind Boxes .

Now the boxes by the cash only had a single pin in each, but I'm trying to fgure out, for the pins in common- what's the difference between the two?

My pin lanyard
PSN: L00nyEclip
Steam: Loony Eclipse
Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    So I collect my fair share of pins,but I was in a Toys R Us the other day (Canadian) and noticed something odd.

I found these pins for sale by the cash, they look officially licensed, and except for the gold Mario and the Lakitu, look pretty much identical to the Pinny Arcade Mario Kart Blind Boxes .

Now the boxes by the cash only had a single pin in each, but I'm trying to figure out, for the pins in common- what's the difference between the two?

As I understand it, Nintendo dictates the art licensees can use. So both PA and PowerA are using the same art. There are some small manufacturing differences if you compare the two. The PA ones obviously are the only ones that are official Pinny Arcade pins and have the official Pinny seal on the back.

• Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    They are both officially licensed by Nintendo. The Pinny Arcade variant can be used for Pinny trade; PowerA variant cannot. They are both made of different material as well.

• Options
    CrazyCoolCollectorCrazyCoolCollector Registered User new member
    Pinny Arcade variant is hard enamel. PowerA variant is soft enamel.

1sihitnwvetm.png