As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »
    You should be doing sorties every day even if you don't feel prepared - there's always someone that can help carry the load. Just go in as rhino/nezha/limbo and do your best. I rarely see people getting bitched at for needing a carry - it very much is a system of get carried until you can do the carrying, and everybody understands that (which is actually awesome and shocking).

You will trip up a few times if you don't know the general gist of a mission, but just learn from the mistake and try not to do it the next run since you can always repeat the sortie missions until you succeed.

For example from recent experience, if you are doing a rescue mission the object is to run as fast as you can to rescue the target and then go as fast as you can to the exit. Do not under any circumstances stop to fight enemies as the rescue target teleports to you or your teammates, so if you get to the exit fast enough the target will never get shot at or be at any risk, but if someone really wants to show off their sweet ninja moves they may have the rescue target teleport to them, get blasted in the face and then need a rez when the rest of the crew is waiting at the extract point. Bonus is the person then got killed and wasn't able to revive the target and those on the extract point couldn't get there in time so it failed the mission. Not a big deal, but worth avoiding if at all possible.

There are some real struggle bus missions, but they get easier by knowing what frame or weapon to bring to make it easier and that just comes with time and experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    There's very few places a Nova isn't welcome, but if you're looking for a good all rounder that can take a beating in Sorties and also contribute to the team it's hard to go wrong with Trinity.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I don't really do sorties every day - it really depends on the missions involved. Like, I see Assassination Ambulas, I'm probably not bothering.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    I play on the PS4 and I want to get back into the game but my problem is that I'm unsure as to what to do anymore. Should I grind rep in the Plains before doing anything else? And it isn't all that rewarding hanging out in the guild I'm with. I've chipped in mats for decorations they were setting up but I never really felt I was ever contributing in a meaningful way.

Mailman12089.jpg
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I don't really do sorties every day - it really depends on the missions involved. Like, I see Assassination Ambulas, I'm probably not bothering.

I really feel like Sortie Ambulas, and to a lesser degree Sortie Kela or Sortie Lephantis (especially on the wrong modifier), are just on another level compared to almost everything else that could pop up.

And that level is the 10th circle of hell. Specifically reserved for those fuckers.

Sortie Vay Hek also gets a special place of his own, if only for the fact that he's just an uncooperative pain in the ass.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I play on the PS4 and I want to get back into the game but my problem is that I'm unsure as to what to do anymore. Should I grind rep in the Plains before doing anything else? And it isn't all that rewarding hanging out in the guild I'm with. I've chipped in mats for decorations they were setting up but I never really felt I was ever contributing in a meaningful way.

I would recommend clearing out the star chart before grinding rep. If you haven't gotten to Uranus and the Second Dream quest, work on getting there. Try and collect some new frames to try out, too.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

I really feel like Sortie Ambulas, and to a lesser degree Sortie Kela or Sortie Lephantis (especially on the wrong modifier), are just on another level compared to almost everything else that could pop up.

And that level is the 10th circle of hell. Specifically reserved for those fuckers.

Sortie Vay Hek also gets a special place of his own, if only for the fact that he's just an uncooperative pain in the ass.

I really need to figure out a good weapon for elemental resistance bosses

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Sortie Vay Hek was annoying for the bits where he was flying around with a teeny weak point, since I'm a bad shot. Once he landed and turned hittable everywhere, I just pointed a pair of corrosive regulators at him and held down the bang button. Done. I'd rather that kind of thing any day than the stupid defense/rescue crap. (Here guard a squishy that WON'T HOLD STILL! YAY!)

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Tigris Prime says what's up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Tigris Prime says BLAM.

FTFY.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Maybe Dread for longer ranged encounters.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    The first time I tried the first of the last four void missions I got my ass kicked.

I tried them again (after forma/modding a few weapons and frame) and was able to beat the first three pretty easily. Leaving Mot for tomorrow.

Working on everything so I can move toward the next story missions.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So did the community actually beat the Grineer weekend timer? Last I saw we were on track, but it was a close thing.

• Options
    So did the community actually beat the Grineer weekend timer? Last I saw we were on track, but it was a close thing.

PC was 100% at least 12 hours before deadline I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Switch was all done with it.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Heh, I contributed ... all 12 of my lancer kills put us over the top ... too much other things I wanted to do over the weekend. I just want to send a special thanks to all the Switch players that got us to the finish line with about 14 or so hours to go (or was it 16 I canny member). In either case, being carried in this game whether on a mission or a weekend event shows why the Warframe community is so awesome.

That being said ... If anybody plays on the switch and has enough standing to buy a Velocitus barrel from Cephalon Suda and trade/sell it to me message me. I honestly think that going into negative standing while grinding rep for the other parts and then having to spend a catalyst, a forma, and 2 control modules plus credits (when you still don't have many resources to start with) in addition to hours of playtime JUST to get back into the positive and then gain ranks with Suda to be a burden I don't know if I want to actually bare ... I don't actually know how people end up buying all the stuff from all the syndicates. They must have massive amounts of free time and/or have been playing since IDK ... the beginning. Those content barriers are pretty high ... *sigh*

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Sortie Vay Hek was annoying for the bits where he was flying around with a teeny weak point, since I'm a bad shot. Once he landed and turned hittable everywhere, I just pointed a pair of corrosive regulators at him and held down the bang button. Done. I'd rather that kind of thing any day than the stupid defense/rescue crap. (Here guard a squishy that WON'T HOLD STILL! YAY!)

Limbo is the only thing I'll take to sortie defenses anymore. Keeping the suicide man banished does wonders for one's blood pressure.
    Daimar wrote: »

PC was 100% at least 12 hours before deadline I think.

I saw it hit complete somewhere around the 5h left mark, IIRC.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Heh, I contributed ... all 12 of my lancer kills put us over the top ... too much other things I wanted to do over the weekend. I just want to send a special thanks to all the Switch players that got us to the finish line with about 14 or so hours to go (or was it 16 I canny member). In either case, being carried in this game whether on a mission or a weekend event shows why the Warframe community is so awesome.

That being said ... If anybody plays on the switch and has enough standing to buy a Velocitus barrel from Cephalon Suda and trade/sell it to me message me. I honestly think that going into negative standing while grinding rep for the other parts and then having to spend a catalyst, a forma, and 2 control modules plus credits (when you still don't have many resources to start with) in addition to hours of playtime JUST to get back into the positive and then gain ranks with Suda to be a burden I don't know if I want to actually bare ... I don't actually know how people end up buying all the stuff from all the syndicates. They must have massive amounts of free time and/or have been playing since IDK ... the beginning. Those content barriers are pretty high ... *sigh*

They swap theirs for plat and/or other parts, and then if plat use plat to buy said other parts? It's entirely intended that you can't sanely have access to all of them, and need to engage with other players to get the other bits. Just either pick the left three or the right three (for simplicity's sake) and you can safely max all those, and then trade anything from them to get the other bits you want.

Edit: And like, I HATE interacting with others. If I'm saying it's not bad, it's really not bad.

dporowski on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Why is the polearm zaw referred to as Atgeir?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Why is the polearm zaw referred to as Atgeir?

Dunno. But an Atgeir is an ancient scandinavian name for polearms. It means something like "striking spear"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

You should be hitting your rep cap every day or else it will take forever. But don't grind rep, for cetus/fortuna the best way is to grab the mining laser from fortuna and spend a couple hours one day running around both zones caves and mining hundreds of gems. Then just pop down to trade them in to hit your cap.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

You should be hitting your rep cap every day or else it will take forever. But don't grind rep, for cetus/fortuna the best way is to grab the mining laser from fortuna and spend a couple hours one day running around both zones caves and mining hundreds of gems. Then just pop down to trade them in to hit your cap.

For pure rep mining can be more efficient plus you can store the excess if you hit it hard one day but the bounties do reward relics for unvaulted frames that one may want in addition to rep.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    In Fortuna am I honestly expected to do 10+ runs of the minimum level bounty to get to the second tier?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    In Fortuna am I honestly expected to do 10+ runs of the minimum level bounty to get to the second tier?

Are you sure you're only limited to the minimum level bounty? I was definitely doing the max level one starting really early.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Are you sure you're only limited to the minimum level bounty? I was definitely doing the max level one starting really early.

No I mean, only the minimum level bounty appears to drop the basic debt bonds, and I needed like 15 of them to rank up Solaris United, and I did it twice and got none of them yet.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Fishing in Cetus is probably better than mining because it's lower effort, imo.

Fishing in Fortuna is low effort too, but the spawn rates aren't as high as in Cetus, so maybe mining outpaces it?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Fishing in Fortuna is low effort too, but the spawn rates aren't as high as in Cetus, so maybe mining outpaces it?

Can all these activities be done in both Cetus and Fortuna using the same gear? Use Cetus mining gear in Fortuna etc.

• Options

No I mean, only the minimum level bounty appears to drop the basic debt bonds, and I needed like 15 of them to rank up Solaris United, and I did it twice and got none of them yet.

I think I got a good chunk if not all of those from Ticker over the course of a few days. That does depend on your existing stockpile of the more common resources though. I wouldn't blow any Oxium on those.

Steam Profile
  • Options

It's more that Venus fish are worth next to no points

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't even find Ticker yet! I will look next time I'm on.

(I should say for context with these questions I've been lazy in Warframe for a while just logging in for daily rewards but just started playing more often and got started with Fortuna.)

• Options

The basic fish are worth fuck all rep though. You can get top tier gems out of any rando mining node and more of them.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Oh, I didn't even find Ticker yet! I will look next time I'm on.

(I should say for context with these questions I've been lazy in Warframe for a while just logging in for daily rewards but just started playing more often and got started with Fortuna.)

Ticker is one of the best characters in the game, and definitely helpful in getting those low level debt bonds.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

It's more that Venus fish are worth next to no points

Yeah, there's also that. But if you're doing fishing with a resource booster that gets kind of offset. There's a cave in the south east part of Fortuna that is mostly underground lake and is large enough to have a hotspot in one part of it most of the time.

Mining requires you to move from place to place. If you want to watch a show or something and farm rep, fishing is still better for that than mining, imo.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Mining is affected by resource boosters too. It's more of a PITA locating nodes in fortuna outside of caves, but there is no lack of caves.

• Options
    For grinding rep I do the following:

POE ... I find Mortis Lung Fish give a higher payout and you can hit your daily standing quite easily with one night of fishing. They are quite easy to find and don't need special bait, although they spawn more at night so you have to deal with Volvamyst. I've had more than one nighttime fishing expedition foiled because I didn't have the right frame with me. Thank you, Revenant.
    Forfish... I mean Fortuna ... Mining has a much better payoff for me given the amount of time spent however you have to move around so much more. Heh, might as well use the k-drive and 'grind' ... out some rep for the vent kids at the same time ... eh eh ... I'll be in the corner.

• Options
    Fish for Cthulhu, they're worth an order of magnitude better than lungfish, and you can still get lungfish while you're waiting for a hot spot.

Are there any caves in fortuna with a the bounty of mining spots like the Twin lake or seaside caves in the North East of the plains? Most of the ones I went to were annoyingly vertical and took too much time playing jumping puzzles to get to the nodes, compared to just doing a quick circuit around fortuna for the half dozen nodes there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ummm, which one is Cthulhu again ... or are you just trolling me ... ( o _ 0 ) ... *quickly searches Warframe wiki to find nothing specific to Cthulhu...* okay then.

On topic ... So from reading the above post, it's just better to go all in on one side of the Syndicate spectrum so that you can trade items from the group you are cool with to people who are cool with the group who want you dead ... right. I wish I didn't have to do that but they have specifically gated content behind this system that they want to force you to play (or pay) to get those juicy, juicy weapons and mods from. I guess it encourages trading so it's not complete trash. *grumbles as he goes to sign on with a syndicate ... and NO I don't care about your cause I just want your stuff*

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    He means Cuthol.

I actually need a bunch of these for their tendrils to build amps.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    At what point do you really need arcanes? And are amps only really good for fighting eidiolins?

• Options
    BTW post-Fortuna intro quest, is Thursby now debt-free?

I don't think they really discussed that. I mean you assume in a hellhole like that, of course he's not. But...they came and they took what he owed, presumably.

I think he's living the Dave Ramsey life.

This discussion has been closed.