Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So I have tons of extra intercessor bits, as I've bought two boxes over the course of building this army for various bits I've needed. I've got enough to build another full squad of 5 and I'm trying to decide on their guns. I already have three 5 man squads with standard bolt rifles, so I want to build these with one of the other two. These won't be part of my regular army generally, just building them for variety and because I have so many intercessor bits. I'm leaning towards stalker pattern rifles, but I'd love to know if anyone has a really solid reason I should do auto's instead. I feel like I have decent close fire support with hell blasters and aggressors, but I could see a squad of stalker intercessors being useful at some point for medium range anti heavy infantry. Plus their stratagem in Vigilus is pretty good.

With the new Bolter rules auto bolt guns seem less useful.

What chapter do you play? If you're more shoot heavy the beta bolter rules really favour stationary bolt rifles.

Stalkers are... Okay but get that -1 to on move and only get 6 extra inched and range and 1 more AP.

Auto bolt guns are okay if you're gonna make an aggressive run up the field squad.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    The new assassin rules coupled with the genestealer cult’s love of snipers might make transports more attractive just to keep characters alive on the first turn.

You're better off just hiding out of line of sight, but even a Vindicare only has a 23% chance to kill a 4 wound character in one shot (5/6 to hit, 5/6 to wound, average 2 damage, 2/3 for 1 MW, 1/2 for a second) and his shoot twice strategem specifies firing at a different target. If I recall correctly the GSC pistolero guy has a 12 inch range, so against with GSC deployment bullshit you should be able to keep your characters screened by all those guardsmen infantry squads for one round.

I think the Castellan missiles remain the best character sniper tool, no Line of Sight, no save, d6 damage, just die.

"Only" a 23% chance to kill something in one shot honestly made me laugh a bit. That's really high for a one-shot kill! That's scary!

Poor Warlocks with their 2 wounds each are about to become sniper fodder.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Stragint wrote: »
    I'm trying to help my brother make a better list for his Death Guard since in our play group we have Custodes, Space Wolves, Necrons, and Blood Angels. I'm just not that sure what goes well in DG.

He has Typhus, about 40 DG, 20 Poxwalker, 20 Cultists, 2 Hellbrutes, 3 Bloat Drones, 3 Rhinos, a Defiler, a Landraider, the elite with the insane plague spewer, the elite with the insane grenade, some Chaos Terminators, a Daemon Prince, and a various HQs in and out of terminator armor.

I think that is about it for his army. Any suggestions?

I'm going to preface this with I have an Astra Militarum in my playgroup, but I've found a heavily mechanized DG list works pretty well....but I kind of went nuts with regard to it. Mortarion has only ever worked out for me once and that was due to bad deployment by my opponent.

My most successful lists have been like two Leviathan Dreads, 2 Plagueburst crawlers, 1 Rhino (yes), a Helbrute or two, Daemon Prince, two of those insane elite plague spewers, two squads of Plague Marines, one squad of cultists, appropriate HQs, etc. It shifts around a bit, obviously, depending on mood, but you get the overall idea. The Rhino generally has a squad of PMs, two of the foul blightspawns, a Lord, depending on the list that day, another elite or another marine (for 6 marines). The Rhino screams up the board and, sure, it can be shot at....but I have a ton of other big targets.

With your bro, you could try something similar with what he has available. Land Raider isn't great, but you can have that and a Rhino with a similar death package of a Marine squad, Foul Blightspawn (these guys are amazing btw, protect him), a Lord, Grenade guy (not a fan of him honestly), etc. When they pop out of the Rhino, they're going to hurt someone. Go 2 Helbrutes, Defiler, and all 3 Bloat Drones to add more targets. The Rhino will get through. Daemon Prince is auto-pick.

After two more 10 man cultist squads to fill out the Battalion and playing around with weapons (two blight launchers for the marines, 6 Plague marines squad total), Lord with Balesword, twin lascannons for both Helbrutes with missile launchers), you're around 1879 points (assuming my phone's Battlescribe is updated, haven't used it in awhile....but worst case scenario you have even more points free). Could break the Bloat drones into their own detachment with another HQ if wanted, etc.

Typhus and Poxwalkers are crap imo, but still, that's like 121 points left for whatever else you want to toss in.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    We're definetly getting some kind of new Chaos Terminators.
    AHA – YOU FALL DEEPER INTO MY WEB OF RUMOURS, MORTAL! GAZE UPON THIS VISION OF A FUTURE MINIATURE, FOR IT MAY BE YOUR LAST!
    DaemonEngine8-Feb19-Share2ubfnnabvvd-846x423.jpg
    IT WON’T BE YOUR LAST. I LIED TO YOU TO INCREASE THE DRAMA. I’VE GOT, LIKE, A HUNDRED OF THESE. BUT I’LL ONLY SHOW YOU THEM IF YOU GUESS WHAT THIS IS ON FACEBOOK! SO EVIL!

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    God damnit. I can't afford new CSM models AND a Heresy Imperial Fists army in the same year!

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    God damnit. I can't afford new CSM models AND a Heresy Imperial Fists army in the same year!

You only need one kidney, right?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Heresy Imperial Fists that later fall to Chaos. Better magnetize those spikes.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    I've changed my headcanon voice for the deamon engine from Lego Batman to Futurama Robot Devil

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

You only need one kidney, right?

Inside of me? Yes. Though I guess I could part with some of my external kidney collection to pay for new CSM mans.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I needed new CSM termis that I can just give all plasma combis. So bring it.

I am already splitting two boxes to get 6 oblits out of this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Ahaha my sweet summer child.

Your getting once combo-plasma part per box of six and you’ll like it.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Oh the magical world we live in where a)I have like 15 from not building them from my Deathwatch vets and b)shapeways exists.

See how I get combibolters in large quantities.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

And, since there's only 1 in the box, only 1 model max in the unit can take it.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thank you for the suggestions for my brother's Death Guard. I'll let him know and see what he comes up with for the next game.

For armigers, which option is better to run with a knight crusader with a battalion of Space Wolves. Kind of feeling the warglaive with the thermal spear. Seems strong.

Actually, the armiger auto cannon seems pretty good as well.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Thank you for the suggestions for my brother's Death Guard. I'll let him know and see what he comes up with for the next game.
    I am now very curious what happens, so let us know :) Also, make sure your brother remembers that Death Guard Helbrutes do not get -1 to hit for moving when they fire those heavy weapons. Lots of D6 damage.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So I have tons of extra intercessor bits, as I've bought two boxes over the course of building this army for various bits I've needed. I've got enough to build another full squad of 5 and I'm trying to decide on their guns. I already have three 5 man squads with standard bolt rifles, so I want to build these with one of the other two. These won't be part of my regular army generally, just building them for variety and because I have so many intercessor bits. I'm leaning towards stalker pattern rifles, but I'd love to know if anyone has a really solid reason I should do auto's instead. I feel like I have decent close fire support with hell blasters and aggressors, but I could see a squad of stalker intercessors being useful at some point for medium range anti heavy infantry. Plus their stratagem in Vigilus is pretty good.

What chapter do you play? If you're more shoot heavy the beta bolter rules really favour stationary bolt rifles.

Stalkers are... Okay but get that -1 to on move and only get 6 extra inched and range and 1 more AP.

Auto bolt guns are okay if you're gonna make an aggressive run up the field squad.

I play Ultramarines. I use my intercessors as a creeping gunline and screen for my hellblasters and aggressors. G-Money provides aura bonuses and "Fuck you, try me" protection for my gunball as it moves up the field and my captain basically goes wherever the hellblasters or aggressors need him for re-rolls and close combat support. My knight hangs out 48" away and kills something big every turn.

So it sounds to me like stalker patterns would work best with my army as a flexibility sub-in.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

And, since there's only 1 in the box, only 1 model max in the unit can take it.

Man, I wish this were consistently true. Good luck finding enough Fusion Pistols, Blasters and Haywire weapons for certain Eldar lists.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    The new assassin rules coupled with the genestealer cult’s love of snipers might make transports more attractive just to keep characters alive on the first turn.

You're better off just hiding out of line of sight, but even a Vindicare only has a 23% chance to kill a 4 wound character in one shot (5/6 to hit, 5/6 to wound, average 2 damage, 2/3 for 1 MW, 1/2 for a second) and his shoot twice strategem specifies firing at a different target. If I recall correctly the GSC pistolero guy has a 12 inch range, so against with GSC deployment bullshit you should be able to keep your characters screened by all those guardsmen infantry squads for one round.

I think the Castellan missiles remain the best character sniper tool, no Line of Sight, no save, d6 damage, just die.

"Only" a 23% chance to kill something in one shot honestly made me laugh a bit. That's really high for a one-shot kill! That's scary!

Poor Warlocks with their 2 wounds each are about to become sniper fodder.

I mean... maybe starting to begin to make an impact on the game in Turn 2 by killing a 30 point model is not great for 1 CP and 85 points. Warlocks are definitely the best target for him but anything truly valuable like a CP regenerating warlord or Sergeant Harker will just be safely out of LoS somewhere since their value is in their passive abilities.

The best change for him the wild card swap-in nature of the assassins, only take him if your opponent has a bunch of front line ~3 wound characters and he'll excel. Nice option vs. GSC!

To kill that hiding CP regen, aura buff warlord a Callidus will usually be better at getting the job done, although again only Turn 2 onward.

• Options

I play Ultramarines. I use my intercessors as a creeping gunline and screen for my hellblasters and aggressors. G-Money provides aura bonuses and "Fuck you, try me" protection for my gunball as it moves up the field and my captain basically goes wherever the hellblasters or aggressors need him for re-rolls and close combat support. My knight hangs out 48" away and kills something big every turn.

So it sounds to me like stalker patterns would work best with my army as a flexibility sub-in.

I should also note i dislike how stalkers are only heavy 1. So you lose out on that extra shot and they don't have sniper rules (aka can target characters, extra wounds on 6s).

I guess of the two they are probably more useful than auto boltguns for ultramarines.

• Options

I should also note i dislike how stalkers are only heavy 1. So you lose out on that extra shot and they don't have sniper rules (aka can target characters, extra wounds on 6s).

I guess of the two they are probably more useful than auto boltguns for ultramarines.

Vigilus is how you make stalkers worth it. Turn that detachment into vets of the indomitus crusade for a cp. There is a CP stratagem that lets them snipe.

Which really if you are using the gunline it is totally worth it for intercessors. Lots of really good stratagems and Bobby-G combos well off them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Oh right the vigilus detachment. I forgot about it since I'm blood angels and space marine chapters outside of the main codex apparently can't use it.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Vigilus stratagems are really what makes the stalkers worth it. My eye on building a squad of stalker patterns was specifically based on the Vigilus stuff.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Bring a list that’s all stalker pattern intercessors, scout snipers, those new primaris snipers, and a vindicare.

Kill all the HQs.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had not touched or played with CSM since the late 90's {it was a disaster I never won with them and it was embarrassing rolls} Even now I don't feel it just the pain and bitterness from then

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Had my first game of Killteam: Arena over the weekend - it was surprisingly nailbitey, with the differing objectives and fighting to keep doors shut/open as needed to make claiming those objectives possible. Fast paced and a lot of fun. Shortest first turn ever, since the only thing to do was move and open doors, and the four turn hard limit, plus how many potential objective points it was possible to obtain meant you had to keep scoring opportunities, both getting yours and trying to deny the opponent theirs, at all times.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I am now very curious what happens, so let us know :) Also, make sure your brother remembers that Death Guard Helbrutes do not get -1 to hit for moving when they fire those heavy weapons. Lots of D6 damage.

Definitely, I'll even try to take some pictures. Should be this Sunday, that is usually when we meet up to play.

Hopefully my magnet order gets here in time and I can finish magnetizing my Obelisk/Tesseract and throw down with the super Tesla list.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Well even more doubt
    I have a squad of reivers and some generic primaris that I plan on using for kill team just what to paint them as has been a debate

I kind of want to do the Mantis warriors hence why I am looking at generic marines so mix them in to show they are still not forgiven in their eyes even though they have the primaris

But crazy thoughts since I thought what if they built the primaris from whatever gene stock they had on file so I could do the chapters that fell to chaos so the primaris don't know where they are from

I could do loyal night lords! What their chapter symbol would be is a question or the color?
    From there my mind runs wild with ideas

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    From what I recall the pre-heresy Night Lords' livery didn't look all that different from what they have now. Dark blue armor with lightning bolts, & bat-winged skull insignia.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Call them the Lunar Knights. All White Livery.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

I just got that DS game. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    From what I recall the pre-heresy Night Lords' livery didn't look all that different from what they have now. Dark blue armor with lightning bolts, & bat-winged skull insignia.

I would do the Dark blue without the lightning bolt and I would do something for the insignia

But It would be fun since my brother dislikes the Blood Ravens I would not do a kill team of them for various reasons
    Still I will think about it since it's been too cold and/or windy to paint {or I have been too busy or shit upon at work yet again}

• Options
    edited February 2019
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

I just got that DS game. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I didn't know about this. Ha. I just wanted to "high-gothic" Moon Knight a bit.

edit:
    new CSM Terminator powerfist
    DaemonEngine9-Feb20-Image7hgvrj-665x665.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    Hmm it looks like the cataphractii power fist

So I like how the CSM are doing the we have not upgraded our gear since look

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    So how many new kits are we predicting?

Vanguard Librarian
    Primaris Snipers
    Primaris Heavy Weapons

CSM sorcerer
    CSM Terminators
    CSM possessed
    CSM tactical Marines?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options

Vanguard Librarian
    Primaris Snipers
    Primaris Heavy Weapons

CSM sorcerer
    CSM Terminators
    CSM possessed
    CSM tactical Marines?

I am hoping havocs or actually well equiped chosen instead of normal tac marines. But I know it will be tac marines.

Obliterators. There are 3 new sculpts in there.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Hmm it looks like the cataphractii power fist

So I like how the CSM are doing the we have not upgraded our gear since look

That's probably just a normal terminator power fist. Could even be for power armor. The Cataphractii pauldron doesn't come down that far.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Vanguard Librarian
    Primaris Snipers
    Primaris Heavy Weapons

CSM sorcerer
    CSM Terminators
    CSM possessed
    CSM tactical Marines?

I am hoping havocs or actually well equiped chosen instead of normal tac marines. But I know it will be tac marines.

Obliterators. There are 3 new sculpts in there.

I am also predicting a new smaller than repulsor primaris vehicle. Likely a transport.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I am also predicting a new smaller than repulsor primaris vehicle. Likely a transport.

Dear Dorn I hope so....

• Options

Vanguard Librarian
    Primaris Snipers
    Primaris Heavy Weapons

CSM sorcerer
    CSM Terminators
    CSM possessed
    CSM tactical Marines?

Don't forget Abaddon.