As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle]icious, baby!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The build for the RAW Women's Championship is a perfect example of a situation where less is more.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I have an English Degree and like wrestling, and libraries, I should try out for this role.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    D2OyIR4VAAAGRZA.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    they should give me the job so then i would have to say i work in a library

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Nobodies going from knowing almost nothing about wrestling, to hosting events with wrestlers, to being part of an actual wrestling show would be a hell of a journey.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    A few weeks ago I was honestly fine with Kofi losing at WM. I figured just getting a shot at the title at their biggest show would be enough.

Now though? He better win. It would be the sort of WM moment that they would show in packages hyping up the events for years.

• Options
    i'm sorry
    PWInsider wrote:
    World Wrestling Entertainment will be bringing Hulk Hogan in for Wrestlemania 35 weekend, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    i'm sorry
    PWInsider wrote:
    World Wrestling Entertainment will be bringing Hulk Hogan in for Wrestlemania 35 weekend, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Cool, I'll keep my money then.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    i'm sorry
    PWInsider wrote:

I'm surprised they managed to hold off as much as they did.

And it's the only thing that surprises me about this.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    D2OyIR4VAAAGRZA.jpg

022_GarganoPersonal_001_design--dcbc8d95ca851704b4a9cb4f227a37d7.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Hogan’s role at WrestleMania
    Kofi is about to win the match, Vince comes down to give the old Montreal Screw to him. Out comes Hogan and stops Vince and Kofi wins the title. Hulk Hogan, helping black people win titles since .........
    Yes, that is a joke and I hope that it never does happen. However, in Vince’s brain, it will redeem both Hogan and Vince by letting a black man win a major title.
    If that actually does happen, I want 100 pickem points.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Invectivus wrote: »
    Kofi is about to win the match, Vince comes down to give the old Montreal Screw to him. Out comes Hogan and stops Vince and Kofi wins the title. Hulk Hogan, helping black people win titles since .........
    Yes, that is a joke and I hope that it never does happen. However, in Vince’s brain, it will redeem both Hogan and Vince by letting a black man win a major title.

This the most cursed post on the forums

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I could see that happening; WWE is big on high-profile symbolic exorcism of past mistakes.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    There is no way in hell Kofi or Bryan would be down with that.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

Which would be wonderfully ironic,
    because in-story Daniel Bryan is basically doing out in the ring what Hogan did backstage in Hogan's heyday.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    It's weird how both the Becky and Kofi stories have turned on "Vince McMahon shows up to be an asshole for three minutes and leaves." It makes more sense with Kofi, and they've done a much better job of selling him as someone who is being held down by the people in charge. I think it's weird that they were like, "okay, well, to pile stuff on against him, he's going to get replaced by Kevin Owens, who is a good guy now! And then we're gonna add Mustafa, who is also good!" It still worked though, so it clearly wasn't too weird of an idea.

They juiced the Becky story a bit too much, though. There's just too much going on with it. She blew up because of a pretty simple story, really. People loved her, and thought she got screwed, and there was a lot of history to support that. That she stepped up as a performer in the aftermath only helped. They goosed the Rumble stuff too much, though. It was great that she won, but they still wanted to milk the "oppressed underdog" bit some more, so they had to have her jump through increasingly stupid hoops to get back in the match, and it killed a lot of it. It doesn't help that Ronda has been a pretty bad sparring partner on that front.

I'd like Becky to win, because she's great and deserves a big moment like this. Charlotte has already has a couple big Wrestlemania moments that...felt a bit like the wrong call.

Don't forget completely negating the stipulation to one of the biggest events of the year to get here. That was pretty bad.
    i'm sorry
    PWInsider wrote:

Hey, If Hogan is hard up for money, then comping him a ticket is alright by me.

Just don't let him be on the show.
    This was funnier in my head, but I don't feel like deleting it, so...
    Azraith wrote: »

This the most cursed post on the forums

It is, and as such, all the more deserving of those points if it happens.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    i'm sorry
    PWInsider wrote:

For whatever it’s worth, right now there doesn’t appear to be anything planned for him at the actual event, the leading rumor is that Ed Leslie is going into the HOF and Hogan’s going to induct him

I mean let’s be real, that’s probably going to change, but yeah

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    This stuff would be better on TV but Becky has just been leading a slaughter on Twitter.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I just don't really care about the Twitter stuff at this point

They squeezed all the blood from that stone a couple weeks ago and the diminishing returns have set in

Becky going HAHA RONDA SUCKS just doesnt have any fire behind anymore, even though its true

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    That Super Famicom game story they mention is real fucked up.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the twitter stuff is probably even less for us than the tv stuff which is mostly not for us

hopefully the mania match is for us.

(what I mean is... their creative is bad and they just try to draw eyes by trending whenever possible. I am lucky in that I've never really cared for the story aspect, not to say I don't but I am perfectly fine just catching the actual wrestling and usually skip past promos when I can, but there are few cases where I think paying attention to the story actually detracts from what's happening, and this is one of those rare cases, though of course part of that is that the match itself is so exciting)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    the twitter stuff is probably even less for us than the tv stuff which is mostly not for us

hopefully the mania match is for us.

(what I mean is... their creative is bad and they just try to draw eyes by trending whenever possible. I am lucky in that I've never really cared for the story aspect, not to say I don't but I am perfectly fine just catching the actual wrestling and usually skip past promos when I can, but there are few cases where I think paying attention to the story actually detracts from what's happening, and this is one of those rare cases, though of course part of that is that the match itself is so exciting)
    I mean if the Twitter stuff and the TV stuff aren't for "us" exactly what is supposed to be?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I prefer stories being told by matches, and the three of them aren't having matches, so yeah this isn't working for me at all.

• Options
    When will nick gage fight the session moth

Sending a friend to do the dirty work first

D2Sge3tWoAMMzE0.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I prefer stuff on screen as well, but the Becky twitter stuff in particular resonates because of how well she plays it off as them actually trying to stop her doing what she is doing, which is deliberately trolling someone who has thrown Kayfabe out the window. It's nice seasoning, but yes more of it should be on TV. The problem is that they hit white hot months ago, and either don't have the creativity or desire to really focus on it. They should have dropped the limp like 6 weeks ago, not had the authority screw Becky out of a shot only to disappear, etc.

Like Ronda or Charlotte teaming up with Steph could have had a very good angle reminiscent of Rock/McMahon, so it becomes the chosen champ, versus the audience's chosen one, versus the champ that the rest of the roster can't put down no matter who the authority throws at her. You'd have had the deck stacked against Ronda and Becky, so they have to begrudgingly work together, but Charlotte/Becky also have to work together to take out Ronda, and Ronda/Charlotte work together because they both hate Becky, and you have Stephanie in a role where she can play an active role AND get her comeuppance unlike when she's dealing with the male roster.

Basically they need a lot more moments like Becky covered in blood, and less people suspending her because of her fucking leg.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I prefer stuff on screen as well, but the Becky twitter stuff in particular resonates because of how well she plays it off as them actually trying to stop her doing what she is doing, which is deliberately trolling someone who has thrown Kayfabe out the window. It's nice seasoning, but yes more of it should be on TV. The problem is that they hit white hot months ago, and either don't have the creativity or desire to really focus on it. They should have dropped the limp like 6 weeks ago, not had the authority screw Becky out of a shot only to disappear, etc.

Like Ronda or Charlotte teaming up with Steph could have had a very good angle reminiscent of Rock/McMahon, so it becomes the chosen champ, versus the audience's chosen one, versus the champ that the rest of the roster can't put down no matter who the authority throws at her. You'd have had the deck stacked against Ronda and Becky, so they have to begrudgingly work together, but Charlotte/Becky also have to work together to take out Ronda, and Ronda/Charlotte work together because they both hate Becky, and you have Stephanie in a role where she can play an active role AND get her comeuppance unlike when she's dealing with the male roster.

Basically they need a lot more moments like Becky covered in blood, and less people suspending her because of her fucking leg.

Becky covered in blood was rad, but it also put her out of action for several weeks and fucked up the big Survivor Series match between Becky and Ronda. They’re keeping most of the folks already booked into the big Mania matches on lighter schedules because they don’t want to risk anyone getting hurt less than a month before the big show.

• Options
  • Options
    Court Moore is a solid name but MAN Stokely Hathaway was perfect

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    We watched NXT last night and man I genuinely have no idea what they are gonna do at Takeover

Johnny winning makes sense, but feels a lot more hollow if its not against Tomasso, even if their feud has gotten stale. He would be the first proper happy, peppy babyface champ NXT has had since, like, Sami Zayn too. The closest is like Finn or Shinsuke and they were either wierdos or demons half the time.

But Adam Cole has been chasing that title for 2 years and the Undisputed era looks pretty weak right now with no titles and empty threats. He would be a fantastic heel champ in a distinct way from Tomasso, and would be a great foil for a lot of the newer guys to bounce off of.

And both of them are primed and ready to get called up. Johnny already kinda was, before Tomasso's injury got too much. So neither one has a huge stake in staying in NXT.

Its a toss-up!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I think UE has to hold all the (men's) belts at some point, right?

What better visual do you have before calling those dudes up?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    I think UE has to hold all the (men's) belts at some point, right?

What better visual do you have before calling those dudes up?
    You would think they would have pulled that trigger back when they had 2/3 of them though, instead of building back up from nothing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Caught up on 205. I really wish they had seeded the Nese face turn a bit earlier and better. You could just feel that crowd waiting for the boring Murphy beat down and just sighing when it happened.

It doesn't help that Nese has the charisma of a piece of notebook paper.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited March 2019

RoH and NJPW finally bring the heavy hitters to Madison Square

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

So is Stokely just a manager, or does he wrestle as well?

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

So is Stokely just a manager, or does he wrestle as well?
    He is primarily a manager but can wrestle if the need arises, usually for comedy purposes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    He's the modern Bobby Heenan

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Count Moore is not a good name and that dude needs new pants.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.