Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Sysadmin] Improper Wireshark use has restarted the editor wars.

1939495969799»

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Found it. Figures.
    I have no idea if this is correct or not, but here's what I did. Tell me if this is terrible?

I created a static route that takes Any source, where the Destination is for an IP on our local subnet 192.168.x.x 255.255.0.0, and told it to use the 192.168.30.1 gateway that it has for it's VLAN gateway on the LAN interface.

Now I'm able to ping into and out of the Sonicwall to my local network.

RkyXDNV.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited April 3
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Found it. Figures.
    I have no idea if this is correct or not, but here's what I did. Tell me if this is terrible?

I created a static route that takes Any source, where the Destination is for an IP on our local subnet 192.168.x.x 255.255.0.0, and told it to use the 192.168.30.1 gateway that it has for it's VLAN gateway on the LAN interface.

Now I'm able to ping into and out of the Sonicwall to my local network.

I'm not super familiar with SonicWall, but at a high level that sounds like the correct solution for the problem you were experiencing.

twmjr on
    ArcSyn
  • EntaruEntaru Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Guys, I've decommissioned two old physical Server 2008 R2 boxes this week and it feels so good.

And I just had to spin up a new 2008 R1 (SP...2?) x86 instance because "hey, it's better than Server 2003!" <accidentally breaks pen in half>

wunderbar
This discussion has been closed.