Options

E3 2019 * June 08-14 * Show Floor Open * Giant Bomb @ Nite 8pm CST

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    the sound effects made me think of twilight princess and the shadow world stuff from that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I can't wait to use physics to play golf a hundred more times while all my shit breaks constantly

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    as someone who is a staunch defender of Dan, him saying "link's awakening is the second worst zelda" had me going DAN

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Goddamnit my Switch needs to update

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That Zelda looked even more Princess Mononoke than usual, which is something I am very down with

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I can't believe Banjo really happened

I could never let myself believe!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    the sound effects made me think of twilight princess and the shadow world stuff from that

i have spent a while trying to think of what you do if you're doing a botw sequel, like, they made a whole world, what do you do?

but the answer of "go down" is really clever

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I bet they get rid of or mitigate the equipment durability thing and have real dungeons

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    The Zelda teaser is exciting because it means we're getting the rare direct sequel to a Zelda game

I am fine with no release date because they gave us so many other good games, half of which are due out in a month

That rules

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Freezeframing through the Zelda trailer. It is not Fi. There's a glowing severed arm on the chest of the dead guy and all the glowing stuff in the air is coming from it.

• Options
    I bet they get rid of or mitigate the equipment durability thing and have real dungeons

see and what's crazy is that if you start with "ok we go underground", replacing the shrines with dungeons makes a ton of sense.

• Options
    to double back for a second

that's a really great premise for Animal Crossing! build the whole town yourself? that's gonna give people so much more to do and so many more systems to feed into and to personalize your experience and your town

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    A BotW with a real serious look at it's systems and organization has me real interested. I like Breath fine enough but I think a well-refined sequel could be excellent.

• Options
    Boo, doesn't look like the Mana Collection is up yet

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Cello wrote: »
    The Zelda teaser is exciting because it means we're getting the rare direct sequel to a Zelda game

I am fine with no release date because they gave us so many other good games, half of which are due out in a month

That rules

Them already showing footage in the same engine at least makes me think that it will come out on the Switch, and not necessarily be another cross-gen thing

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Legend of Mana on Switch when

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I bet equipment will still be breakable, but we will have more options for making equipment 'unbreakable' or perhaps being able to use other items to repair

• Options
    Welp, the next time there's a good deal on a Switch, I'll finally cave.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=dcup-mRDjmA

Link to the BotW 2 teaser, if you want to watch it 1000 times.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    giving you the ability to repair weapons that are broken, with either a money investment or an item investment, would totally solve the issue for me

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @OmnipotentBagel

I owe you an apology RE: Animal Crossing's release date. Which sucks, because I know how much people are looking forward to it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Given how much Zelda was in the trailer... PLEASE listen to the fans and let Zelda be playable!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Its fucking me up right now, big emotions

BK is one of my all time favorites and basically the only n64 game I played multiple times when I was little

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    to double back for a second

that's a really great premise for Animal Crossing! build the whole town yourself? that's gonna give people so much more to do and so many more systems to feed into and to personalize your experience and your town

also means i won't have to reroll 90 times to get a town layout i like hopefully

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

there was way less Microsoft/Nintendo crossover than I thought there'd be but then they dropped THIS on my head

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Nintendo just fucking RAN with E3, holy shit.

No Keanu no sale

Who do you think voices Tingle in BoW2?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Its fucking me up right now, big emotions

BK is one of my all time favorites and basically the only n64 game I played multiple times when I was little

I loved how everyone was just cheering and excited about it, recognizing how big a moment this was.

Athenor on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I bet equipment will still be breakable, but we will have more options for making equipment 'unbreakable' or perhaps being able to use other items to repair

Maybe a Fallout-style “you have 2 half-durability weapons of the same type. Combine them to form a single 75% durability weapon.”

• Options
    is it canon now that the evil aligator and dk are friends, because i love that

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am real interested to see how Witcher 3 looks on the Switch

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am real interested to see how Witcher 3 looks on the Switch

i just...really can't imagine the answer to that is "good"

it's cool if it is, but...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I’m doubtful

What if it was BOTW looking

Cartoony ass Geralt

I could be into that, actually

• Options
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    They're showing Pokémon at the Nintendo Treehouse stream. It appears to have some kind of news feed?

EDIT: Players can just show up in the world, which is cool.

Peewi on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Geralt looks like a big sassy kitty on Switch

• Options
    Banjo was my #1 pipe dream for Smash that I thought would never ever happen

what do I...do now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Banjo was my #1 pipe dream for Smash that I thought would never ever happen

what do I...do now

Hope for Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie on VC?

orrr...Master Chief in Smash!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Another bonus my hatred for Duck Hunt dog reignites

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.