Options

E3 2019 * June 08-14 * Show Floor Open * Giant Bomb @ Nite 8pm CST

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the Blair Witch game has a release date??

what is the game!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I played a Mana game with spirits and a vampire who may not have been entirely evil that I fought on top of a clocktower in the...desert? I could play as male or female and I think story differs between the two?

I also played another Mana game years later that is completely awful called Children of Mana.

You played Legend of Mana, which is an incredibly confusing game to get into but is also genuinely incredible

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I was kinda interested in that Collection of Mana after hearing everyone be hype about it but 40 bucks is a bit steep for my interest level.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I played a Mana game with spirits and a vampire who may not have been entirely evil that I fought on top of a clocktower in the...desert? I could play as male or female and I think story differs between the two?

I also played another Mana game years later that is completely awful called Children of Mana.

You played Legend of Mana, which is an incredibly confusing game to get into but is also genuinely incredible

So would these other Mana games be closer to Legend or Children?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2019
    I played secret of mana a little bit a looong time ago at friend's house who had an SNES, and it may have been the first fantasy RPG thing I ever played. It left a real deep impression on me despite the fact that I never owned it or played more than a few hours of it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    the Blair Witch game has a release date??

what is the game!

It's the Layers of Fear folks so - a FPS spook 'em up designed for streamers (and Abby) to scream and jump scare at?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    No extra stuff in the Japanese version of the Direct for those wondering, there was an intro that played a bunch of already seen trailers and footage of upcoming games though.

But the Doug Bowser bit actually had some special subtitles to explain that King Koopa is called Bowser in English, to explain the joke of the whole bit

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I was kinda interested in that Collection of Mana after hearing everyone be hype about it but 40 bucks is a bit steep for my interest level.

I have extremely fond memories of Mana and that's too fucking steep. That Square Tax AND Switch Tax.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Legend of Mana was the PS1 game, right? I think I have it somewhere.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They are really charging too much for the FF7 remake too.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

Oh it was PS1? That wasn't the one I played then. I played one on the GBA. Time to do some digging.

• Options

Oh it was PS1? That wasn't the one I played then. I played one on the GBA. Time to do some digging.

I think I played the GBA one too, I didn't like it either

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Found it! I played Sword of Mana. Day/night cycle, planting fruits in the special house, and leveling up skills and spirits through usage

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think Secret of Mana is my most rented game as a kid. Like.. enough to buy it levels of renting.

Flammie's music does.. things to me.

I kept meaning to hook up my SNES classic to play it.

$40 is completely reasonable. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Is it weird Mario ,Peach and the rest are in Mansion 3 but not in Co-Op?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Is it weird Mario ,Peach and the rest are in Mansion 3 but not in Co-Op?

I always assume it has to do with animation rigs.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I would love it if Waluigi was the surprise big bad of Luigi's Mansion 3

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I for one believe Waluigi is a Gooigi that gained sentience

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Secret World of Alex Mac left some impressions on pre-internet viewers

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    gooigi are you kidding me

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Now put the princess crown on gooigi.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    They just announced that you can't import old Pokémon into Sword & Shield if they aren't in the region-dex.

I really hope they end up adding support for all Pokémon in an update.

This has been the deal for the last two gens

Gen 6 with X/Y didn't have the full set until ORAS, and Gen 7 with S/M didn't have the full set until USUM

So we probably won't get all of them until Sword/Shield 2 or remakes of Diamond/Pearl

A bit disappointing with Bank+Home being a thing, though

They probably just haven't animated all 800+ yet

I'm pretty sure that when Bank launched you could import everything to X/Y. I certainly don't remember running into any limitations.

The bank itself didn't release until well after X/Y tho

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well personally I think everyone should gooigi to the polls in November

• Options
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Now put the princess crown on gooigi.

I am 100% certain the internet's best and brightest are way ahead of you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    A decent site to keep track of releases is shockingly named: https://www.releases.com/

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    They are really charging too much for the FF7 remake too.
    The only problem with the FF7 remake is I don't have enough room on my shelf to warrant getting the $330 version twice.

Just kidding. I know a few people my age who are super psyched and already preordered that version, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    All Legend of Zelda amiibos work with the new Link's Awakening, and they add different modifiers to the buildable Chamber Dungeons. The new Link adds a Shadow Link that chases you through the dungeon, and defeating him gains you a bunch of extra Rupees.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Gotta reference Ghostbusters

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The fact that they're splitting FF7 into manageable chunks actually makes me more likely to buy it.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

this sounds like some weird corruption of a dad pun

Gooigi? I barely know her!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Nintendo's just filming people playing UA3 as their bumper, and I'm watching Wolverine and Jessica Jones snark back and forth at each other while they try to "sneak" past The Hand.

This looks like a fun beat-em-up.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    All Legend of Zelda amiibos work with the new Link's Awakening, and they add different modifiers to the buildable Chamber Dungeons. The new Link adds a Shadow Link that chases you through the dungeon, and defeating him gains you a bunch of extra Rupees.

My reaction is the same as any other time an amiibo thing sounds interesting: I'd much prefer if it was just available in the game without amiibo.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Giant Bombs nintendo coverage summarized

“Is this bayoneta”

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Wait til you meet his brother, Agario