As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I told myself I would beat Crypt of the Necrodancer before getting Cadence of Hyrule, but uh after seeing what happens at the end of zone 4 I think

I think Crypt might be a little too hard for me.

Cadence looks amazing tho.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

I don't recall anyone anywhere making that argument.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I need a time chamber to play all of these games in.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    One thing I love is that the Switch is now the home of a huge assortment of fantastic RPGs, both old and new. A portable RPG machine. I'm ok with this. Bring on more!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i looked at some of the e3 reveals and then nintendo's block came up.
    "oh cool, almost everything i was interested in is coming to switch."

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Did I miss any news on a Wind Waker remaster port?

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Did I miss any news on a Wind Waker remaster port?

Nope! The best Zelda game continues to be stuck on the Wii U.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Might be a good game to port sometime next year, between BotW2 and Link's Awakening.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    One thing I love is that the Switch is now the home of a huge assortment of fantastic RPGs, both old and new. A portable RPG machine. I'm ok with this. Bring on more!

I mad a big move for personal reasons right before I got my switch... parted with my whole big classic game collection over a couple of months and decided from here on it was just PC and whatever current nintendo gen was out (not that I'm gonna like rush to trash my switch when the next console comes out but I didn't want the same attachment to classics/my library)

and early on it seemed like I was mostly gonna be PC focused with like 3-4 great switch games.

and then now all of a sudden I have 14 games and 2 preordered and a list of like 5 that are absolute YESses not to mention a handful I want to see reviews of or try to play myself

some wild gamer collector whiplash. such a satisfying console. mmmmmmmmmmm.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    taco543 wrote: »
    Before I get myself in trouble, is homebrew talk allowed in here?

I think probably not, but you can PM a mod to ask

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I too am enjoying the rpg renaissance on the switch. Just picked up Vesperia on the cheap from Best Buy and it brought flashbacks of playing Symphonia on the Gamecube. Truly this is the brightest timeline.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    I too am enjoying the rpg renaissance on the switch. Just picked up Vesperia on the cheap from Best Buy and it brought flashbacks of playing Symphonia on the Gamecube. Truly this is the brightest timeline.

I’m shocked that the Tales of Symphonia HD remasters haven’t been ported to Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they add Pier Solar to the Switch. Also, give me ports of Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenogears, and the Xenosaga Trilogy.

I want all of the Xeno's on Switch. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I recently went through my Nintendo purchase history and pulled out just the Switch digital stuff.

Not including any of my physical purchases, I own over 250 Switch games and I've spent over $4,000 on said games.

I mean, there are over 1,000 Switch games already.

That's crazy.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I recently went through my Nintendo purchase history and pulled out just the Switch digital stuff.

Not including any of my physical purchases, I own over 250 Switch games and I've spent over $4,000 on said games.

That's crazy.

Holy shit!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I told myself I would beat Crypt of the Necrodancer before getting Cadence of Hyrule, but uh after seeing what happens at the end of zone 4 I think

I think Crypt might be a little too hard for me.

Cadence looks amazing tho.

From my limited experience, cadence is a little more forgiving than Crypt. You can build up your health meter, and there are more health pickups, so there is more room for error when learning enemy patterns. I think it's more fun overall because the rogue pattern of restarting everything at every game over doesn't appeal to me as much as building up my inventory and charting the entire map, which persist through multiple lives.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Regarding Cadence: I failed the latency test, so...

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

That's crazy.

Damn. And here I thought my 90 or so digital games was a lot.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, I'm stuck in the overworld - there's two screens I can't reach.
    I need to exit the Lost Woods to the left, but the normal exit for me is right and the progression is down... and the other two reset!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I need to exit the Lost Woods to the left, but the normal exit for me is right and the progression is down... and the other two reset!
    It's the Lost Woods. There's probably a pattern you have to follow, given to you somewhere else.

• Options
    Haven't played it myself, but looks like a pretty major patch for My Time At Portia came out today

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    jothki wrote: »
    It's the Lost Woods. There's probably a pattern you have to follow, given to you somewhere else.

Turns out...
    I misread my map. Looted!

Also, spoiler about the game in general...
    There's a 4th playable character.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

That's crazy.

How many are unplayed?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »

that's the only one in the series I played but I played and played and played it. had similar thoughts this week.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Picked up during the sale I am Setsuna (to play after done with Octopath) and Child of Light (to play with my 4yo).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Happened to go to Best Buy today and the MUA3 event was there. Game is a lot of fun! I can't wait for it.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Happened to go to Best Buy today and the MUA3 event was there. Game is a lot of fun! I can't wait for it.

Only problem is FE drops at the same time.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

A week later. You have time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Oh fuck Fire Emblem a week later?? Give my wallet a break!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh fuck Fire Emblem a week later?? Give my wallet a break!

This is just warm ups for March 2020.

The Walletoclypse is coming.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Bad news -- there's been layoffs at Nintendo. Well, one layoff.
    In an interview with Mashable during E3 2019, Animal Crossing: New Horizons' project lead Aya Kyogoku officially announced that Mr. Resetti lost his job at the Reset Surveillance Center due to the upcoming Switch title's new auto-save function.

"I think this will be a positive thing for the player, because in New Horizons you can stop playing in the middle of your game and it'll still save," says Kyogoku. "But unfortunately because there's no necessity to reset the game or reset button on the Switch, Mr. Resetti had a hard time. He was laid off from his position."

Kyogoku said Resetti's currently looking for another job, so hopefully he'll be ok.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    But where is Isabelle?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    But where is Isabelle?

She'll possibly be in.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    But where is Isabelle?

Returning as Smash champion
    To shape up the island's administrative duties

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Couldn't you actually turn Mr. Resetti on in the latest AC game? It'd be kind of nice and cool if you could do the same thing here. A sort of "You know what you're getting yourself into if you do this" sort of thing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hey Nintendo, if you're reading, I have the perfect way to get more subscribers for your online service.

Give us an option of a cloud-based world in Animal Crossing that I can play with my friends in.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Hey Nintendo, if you're reading, I have the perfect way to get more subscribers for your online service.

Give us an option of a cloud-based world in Animal Crossing that I can play with my friends in.

What you're asking for are dedicated servers.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I'm not holding my breath for Animal Crossing to even have cloud saves.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Luigi's Mansion 3, opening cutscene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vsDB6RNko

Note a) the general vibe of Luigi being a third wheel on Mario and Peach's dirty weekend and b) that Toad has a specially extended gas pedal so his short legs can reach it but apparently no-one cares that he can't see over the fucking steering wheel.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I'm getting both anyway. I'll find the time somehow.