As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Restoring a Vista MBR[SOLVED]

QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm not even sure if that's what I need to do at this point. A while ago, I installed Ubuntu just to play around with it. However, I've just tried uninstalling it, but it appears to have screwed over my Vista install pretty hard. I've tried restoring the Vista MBR using the Vista install CD (bootsect.exe /NT60 All) to no avail. I've also tried using my XP install CD, but when I go into the restore console, it says that it doesn't recognize any hard drives. When I try and boot up from my HDD, Grub starts loading and then comes up with an error. Any help with this would be immensely appreciated!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
QuarterMaster on

• Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    When this happened to me I think I had to boot to the restore using the DVD and type "bootrec /fixmbr" at the command line to fix it.

focused7 on
  • Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thank you! That seems to have worked. I wonder why I couldn't find that anywhere else..my google-fu must be weak today.

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.