1888990919294»

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Row houses are weird

“I want a 2000 sq ft home, but my lot is only 5 feet wide.”

“Say no more, fam,”

Some of the beach cities are like this, except 4000sf and like 30ft wide.

Gotta maximize the number of beachfront houses

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Row houses are weird

“I want a 2000 sq ft home, but my lot is only 5 feet wide.”

“Say no more, fam,”

Some of the beach cities are like this, except 4000sf and like 30ft wide.

Gotta maximize the number of beachfront houses

more like maximize the now very small lots.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bow to the bovine

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Now I want a house that's just a long hallway with a twin bed at the end (no windows)

That feels perfectly Lynchian

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    How will we ever impregnate cows now

Very carefully?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like the calligraphy of Persian graffiti always looks so much better than the shit people scribble in English.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Lol geth on holidays

Lmao

💦

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Eddy wrote: »
    The idea behind Brewster's Millions where they have to spend like $30mill in cash in a week or whatever always seemed a little unambitious to me

I feel like I could do that (even w/o the benefits of modern technology)

"you there!

kill this man. I'll pay you 5 million dollars."

do that six times
    Honk wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Is semen flammable?

It’s mostly water so no

Water is mostly hydrogen though

AND oxidizer baked in

it's almost like some kind of oxidizing reaction took place in making it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    True facts:
    Those berries were sloes
    Do not eat raw sloes

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Lol no abd because then it would be ash and ash has C in it

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    30 mill is easy without death

just walk down the street and go YOU, YOU HAVE STUDENT LOANS? NOT ANYMORE!

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    30 mill is easy without death

just walk down the street and go YOU, YOU HAVE STUDENT LOANS? NOT ANYMORE!

eddy said only 5% to charity

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My bro is in Vegas.

I wasn't jealous until he posted that he was at a pinball museum/hall of fame.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    And it has to be reasonable value for services rendered as well; you can't pay someone a mill to mow your lawn

Presumably it also has to be legal, although that really puts a dent into my cocaine mountain plan

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    And it has to be reasonable value for services rendered as well; you can't pay someone a mill to mow your lawn

Presumably it also has to be legal, although that really puts a dent into my cocaine mountain plan

Wait, consumables count? 30 days of wagyu steaks, whiskey old enough to drink itself, and hotboxing your house. That has to put a serious dent in the total value.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Now that the vacation is over and was really just absolutely splendid, I can push past the frustration and now recount the tale of our benighted arrival unto the greater Capitol area.

- five days before arrival, the host of our AirB&B has to cancel our reservation because suddenly a pipe burst in the road outside the house and everything was flooded
    - we find a new place that seems good, but shortly after our arrival it turns out to be very bad
    - half the lights are out
    - the smoke alarm keeps going off for no reason, and then falls off the ceiling.
    - there’s a giant painting of clowns in the living room. Giant.
    - the stairway is broken and listing towards the open room below
    - there’s no lights working on the stairwell or in the bedrooms
    - the hot tub it claimed to have did not exist
    - we were originally given the keys to someone’s else’s house, which I only found out after entering said equivocal home.
    - as the capstone to this shitshow, we opened the kitchen cabinets to serve dinner, and a bevy of roaches scurried out everywhere
    - we call AirB&B to fix it, and the home owners try to say that we did all of that on purpose and brought the roaches with us. Or that we’re lying. We were not. We had photos.
    - We had to get a hotel room at 1 am. AirB&B eventually gives us a full refund plus $200 credit towards another rental.

All of this happened over the course of two hours.

Atomika on
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Wait, consumables count? 30 days of wagyu steaks, whiskey old enough to drink itself, and hotboxing your house. That has to put a serious dent in the total value.

not even close

you have 30 million

$300 dollar scotch and steaks aren't going to cut it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Now that the vacation is over and was really just absolutely splendid, I can push past the frustration and now recount the tale of our benighted arrival unto the greater Capitol area.

- five days before arrival, the host of our AirB&B has to cancel our reservation because suddenly a pipe burst in the road outside the house and everything was flooded
    - we find a new place that seems good, but shortly after our arrival it turns out to be very bad
    - the smoke alarm keeps going off for no reason, and then falls off the ceiling.
    - we were originally given the keys to someone’s else’s house, which I only found out after entering said equivocal home.
    - as the capstone to this shitshow, we opened the kitchen cabinets to serve dinner, and a bevy roaches scurried out everywhere
    - we call AirB&B to fix it, and the home owners try to say that we did all of that on purpose and brought the roaches with us. Or that we’re lying. We were not. We had photos.
    - We had to get a hotel room at 1 am. AirB&B eventually gives us a full refund plus $200 credit towards another rental.

Yikes.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    My bro is in Vegas.

I wasn't jealous until he posted that he was at a pinball museum/hall of fame.

We have one in Seattle too! It’s a blast

• Options
    edited September 2019
    by spending it do you mean like, just convert it into whatever that isn't cash, or do you mean actually get rid of the value

I mean if I go and buy as many shops and bars and restaurants as I can in a week, I'm not exactly poorer at the end though even though my bank account's empty

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    30 mil is 57 years of all inclusive fishing trips

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    "you stole the hot tub and brought your own roaches"

Yes Alex I'll take "shit landlords say" for $500

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

- as the capstone to this shitshow, we opened the kitchen cabinets to serve dinner, and a bevy roaches scurried out everywhere

So how was your stay in The Good Place?

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »

not even close

you have 30 million

$300 dollar scotch and steaks aren't going to cut it

Plus a personal chef to prepare it for you, airfare to bring them with you while spending 30 days visiting every location you've ever wanted to, and an adjacent room in a hotel for them.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    But why is a raven like a writing desk?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    "you stole the hot tub and brought your own roaches"

Yes Alex I'll take "shit landlords say" for $500

Yeah but imagine if you did, you could get away with anything...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Double bitburger lunch at a beer hall before a big meeting may have been a bad idea

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Some people have too much money and some people have too little and it's all very unfair.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    by spending it do you mean like, just convert it into whatever that isn't cash, or do you mean actually get rid of the value

It is get rid of the value (but not by destroying/trashing things), so you're mostly limited to consumables or services.

Which is why I like my solution of renting out stadiums to throw rock concerts for myself.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Double bitburger lunch at a beer hall before a big meeting may have been a bad idea

Or the best idea

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Everyone here needs to watch Brewster's Millions.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Run for President, that $30m is gone by the primaries.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

So how was your stay in The Good Place?

The Good Place was a newly renovated 3-story townhome with super glossy modern appointments and textured walls. I had died and gone to gay design heaven.

• Options
    I'd hire as many people I could and get vans for all of them and have them drive around the country buying ice cubes from stores (roughly $2 per kilo) to dump into the sea

and also give them instructions to hand out my leaphlet to anyone who asks what they're doing, recruiting more people to buy ice cubes

and then just keep doing until the 30 million are spent

that's what I immediately thought of when I thought of a way to waste thirty million dollars

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 1

@RMS Oceanic will create the new thread
    @Arch is backup

This discussion has been closed.