As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is the best Ryu in video games?

124»

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ryu Hayabusa
    The best designs in BoF4 are Scias and Ursula who are criminally underutilized.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Ryu Breathoffire
    Peas wrote: »
    Why is bof6

bof6 deez nuts

sig.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ryu Breathoffire
    BoF1 has a huge place in my heart because its the second JRPG I ever played (after Chrono Trigger). Love that dumb cast of idiots where you only use half of them because Karn's fusions are too good.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Ryu Breathoffire
    Naphtali wrote: »
    BoF1 has a huge place in my heart because its the second JRPG I ever played (after Chrono Trigger). Love that dumb cast of idiots where you only use half of them because Karn's fusions are too good.

BoF1 is notable in being one of the earliest JRPGs to go hard in on the setpieces and cinematics. It takes so many wild left turns and keeps you going to weird places.

Like it was the first game I remember where I have to go into a hopeless situation, lose, then play as another character for a while until I can go rescue my protagonist.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I remember liking bof2 a lot back in the day (didn't finished the game) and being kinda bummed out later on that ryu x katt was not supposed to be a thing

I think that was the first time i formed the concept of shipping

Peas on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ryu Breathoffire
    Listen,

everyone had a crush on Katt

it's just science

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    katt is the best, it is known

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Ryu Streetfighter
    Radius wrote: »
    The best designs in BoF4 are Scias and Ursula who are criminally underutilized.

Oh god, I thought I was the only one (Ershin's a close third)

They censored Scias's constant drunken state to become a weird stutter, and took out several of Ursula's scenes with the group, which is a shame.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Ryu Breathoffire
    BTW if you every played BoF4 and thought "boy this story is good but I'm not having fun playing this" it has a rather good manga adaptation.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Ryu Breathoffire
    Thought I might play Dragon Quarter again

reached the first real save point, and noticed the date stamp of my existing file: October 2009.

Man, it's ... been a minute.