As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the old pokemon thread :(

19495969798100»

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    In Pokémon Special, they managed to escalate things such that we have Pikachu surfing on lava using the Substitute ability, to stop Lance from taking over the world. It’s kind of incredible.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    An updated Pokemon with not-10-year-old-Ash-maybe-hes-18-now would be nice. I mean, Digimon actually ran with different characters for a while, and the games kind of went from kids in a digital world to having to deal with very adult themes very quickly, especially in later seasons.

But Digimon also has a literal poop monster, so whatevs. KIDS SHOW!

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I would be personally down for a full season of Pokemon: Origins.

The pokemons' cries of savagery and pain in that OVA still haunt my dreams.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jesse and James are obnoxious and the most annoyingly persistent part of the anime but kids probably love em.

I sure as hell didn't when I was young though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I understand why people want a Pokemon Adventures / Special / Origins style full season, but I will take more series in the tone and style of the Alola stuff any day of the week. The characters are dynamic and fun, each episode is varied and interesting, and the animation is a delight to watch. I like that its light and casual and doesn't take itself too seriously. But it's really cool that the Pokemon universe has room for both styles, and I bet a single season "adult" Pokemon anime would do really well.

Genuinely upsetting to see people trashing on Misty, Jessie & James... I love them all, haha. Especially in the Alola series, Jessie and James frequently are the highlight of any given episode.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I like Misty, but J&J's schtick got old pretty fast

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Someone went poking around file names on the website and has linked them to revealed pokemon. It appears entire lines have a codename+number, so it can be surmised which pokemon evolve/are evolutions. (As well as the code names being hints as to what their evolution will end up.)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So Corviknight is a twice evolved pokemon then.

Thats interesting.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gonna be a Fletchling to Talonflame situation, I think.

• Options
    Super interesting that they showed off Corviknight without showing off the two prevolutions if that is the case! Feels kind of like the reverse. I suppose they wanted to show off something "big" though and not many people would get excited for Generic Regional Bird.

I think my argument with J&J in the anime is that I enjoy them especially in Alola BECAUSE their schtick changes dramatically. Yes, they're still ~Team Rocket~ and ~Trying To Capture Pikachu~ but it focuses more on them having a weird part time job? and Jessie just wanting to go shopping? The weird antics seem tempered a bit, and they're allowed to be more general comic relief, for the better.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    wooloo evolution soft-confirmed!

i'm so happy.
    it's at least a two-stage flop, even if it's a flop.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    wooloo evolution soft-confirmed!

i'm so happy.
    it's at least a two-stage flop, even if it's a flop.
    give me twoloo

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Super interesting that they showed off Corviknight without showing off the two prevolutions if that is the case! Feels kind of like the reverse. I suppose they wanted to show off something "big" though and not many people would get excited for Generic Regional Bird.

I think my argument with J&J in the anime is that I enjoy them especially in Alola BECAUSE their schtick changes dramatically. Yes, they're still ~Team Rocket~ and ~Trying To Capture Pikachu~ but it focuses more on them having a weird part time job? and Jessie just wanting to go shopping? The weird antics seem tempered a bit, and they're allowed to be more general comic relief, for the better.

Is it still a valid joke that if they ever went legit they'd be loaded off selling technology?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    An updated Pokemon with not-10-year-old-Ash-maybe-hes-18-now would be nice. I mean, Digimon actually ran with different characters for a while, and the games kind of went from kids in a digital world to having to deal with very adult themes very quickly, especially in later seasons.

But Digimon also has a literal poop monster, so whatevs. KIDS SHOW!

Digimon hued Dark even in its first season, what with Myotismon trying to merge the worlds and conquer Earth, the children dealing with multiple deaths of their friends (most of whom do not come back like Patamon), the horrific grind of war in the Dark Masters Arc, PTSD (Matt is obviously dealing with huge survivor’s guilt over Whamon’s death), etc.

• Options
    Last Page, Last Tournament! Entries for the ULTRA FINAL ONLINE COMPETITION are now live!

nyy53qest8bp.jpg
    Click the picture to sign up!

Time: Oct 4-Oct6
    Prize: SHINY TAPU KOKO! But its not locked to Timid this time!
    Rules: Bring 6, Pick 3 Singles! ANYTHING Is allowed! Yes, even your Mew! Yes, bring 6 Arceus! Yes, even your Pokemon from Gen 3 via PokeTransporter! They don't care anymore!!!!!!!

It's a good way to go out.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    They are doing some sort of "live camera stream" from a forest in the Galar Region on 10-4.

Will be a 24 hour stream.

I imagine it's just going to be like watching some pokemon wander around in their natural habitat which will be a fun way to reveal some new pokes.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Time For a New Thread

Or stay here and play your violin as the ship goes down, your choice!

TDawg on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Time For a New Thread

Or stay here and play your violin as the ship goes down, your choice!

Fixed your link @TDawg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA