Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    If you want to add onto the conspiracy here the statement they released was dated as oct 12th.

Zunde on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if more than 5% are actually changing their spending habits. The whole culture that watches and engages with professional streams at all is still a small minority of Hearthstone players.

I’ve been sitting on an 80 g quest for a couple of days. I’m having trouble running into any friends online to do it with. That’s just an anecdote, of course, but I feel like it says something.
    I still play and like gold! Are you a U.S. player?

Edit: Oh that's right! You're Dex!

forty on
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    There's so much wrong with that statement but this is particularly eww:
    If this had been the opposing viewpoint delivered in the same divisive and deliberate way, we would have felt and acted the same.

This is basically telling there western audience human rights are divisive in China but we need more money so tough shit. That statement just angered me more.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Guys, I feel like the statement has been changed many times, has been looked at by many spin doctors and ofcourse has been looked at by China to see if this doesn't tick them of as well.

Doesn't mean China dictated it. The higher-ups probably all had their say in this and wanted to get it out before the weekend to stop the bleeding.

About the statement itself, it's almost exactly how I thought they would respond: it's not about the message, but how they coveyed that message. Blizzard is an international company that doesn't want to be involved in politics in any way, and would have responded in a same manner had it been any other political message.

They changed the overreaction on the penalty, and I'm curious how Kibler thinks of this reaction. I feel he explained the situation very well.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    kime wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »
    It's pretty much exactly what I expected.

I think it's good that they're giving Blitzchung his earnings back.
    I don't about the broadcasters. 6 month suspension is still a long-ass time to be off of work.

And then when they come back you think they're going to be welcomed with open arms? Hell no. They're going to be held at arms length until they leave. And no other esports company is going to want them either with the reputation they've picked up now.

Altogether it doesn't convince me to go back.

I definitely don't understand the caster side of this. What did they do that they weren't supposed to exactly? Did they encourage the player to speak his mind? Them burying their heads during it doesn't make that seem likely. They don't control any other aspect of the broadcast, they're just a pair of talking heads, I thought.

I heard that the casters may have encouraged him to say what he did. Dunno if it's true or not, haven't watched myself.

At the end they told him to "say his thing" and then ducked. So that implies they knew roughly what he was going to say and gave him a platform to do so.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    How do we know that Allen Brack writes *anything*.

If he put his name on one thing then why not another?

• Options
    I know everyone is seeing red and ready to buy into every conspiracy theory, but the "October 12th" factor is completely irrelevant. All the post timestamps on that site are in GMT (basically United Kingdom time), which is 4 hours ahead of Eastern U.S. time. Since that post was made a little after 8PM Eastern, it ended up being just after midnight GMT, which rolled it over to October 12.

Here is when the post went up:

Sat Oct 12 2019 00:18:58 GMT+0000

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I dunno if he wrote that or not, but it's a shitty ass non-apology response. I can't believe they're actually standing behind the decision...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I dunno if he wrote that or not, but it's a shitty ass non-apology response. I can't believe they're actually standing behind the decision...

I agreed Kibler thought the severity of the penalty was the problem. This seemed written to appease at least people who thought the same.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I agreed Kibler thought the severity of the penalty was the problem. This seemed written to appease at least people who thought the same.

Six months is still incredibly severe.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Just did the Tavern Brawl as Dr. Boom. Got the Horseman down and then the head phase started with me light on board presence and cards in hand (I drafted as aggressively as I could and had no draw since I was just trying to beat 40 minutes), with all my bombs in his deck becoming useless. He flooded the board on his turn, I had two minions. I drew Brawl. Huh. Brawled, watched the Head pop out of the dust cloud, and that gave me the win.

FD4LuNi.png

forty on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    "I'm sorry I hit you, baby. It will never happen again." - Blizzard

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    EGp2k32WkAAK9or.jpg

Highlander Warrior is a hell of a deck

Bloodsworn on Ragnaros, their Zeph disabled via Wrenchcalibur.

Game, set, match.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    tbh I kinda wonder if the friday release thing still makes any sense; in a prior era it meant news didn't really 'break' until monday's paper; nowadays it just means everybody gets to spend the whole weekend on the internet talking about it

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also I sorta wanna play this nzoth wall druid, but it's a lot of crafts for a deck that'll only last a month

I guess quest druid will probably stay good? Maybe I'll make the quest and just do a cheapo version of it

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Gotta say, making a tiny version of Ragnaros with the palladin quest just feels good man.

Wish they made the voice high pitched for token creatures like this.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    They already have quite of lines from a mini-Rag ski in HotS. Opportunity missed!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    They already have quite of lines from a mini-Rag ski in HotS. Opportunity missed!

Didn't we have something like this for the fire festival as well or am I misremembering?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    tbh I kinda wonder if the friday release thing still makes any sense; in a prior era it meant news didn't really 'break' until monday's paper; nowadays it just means everybody gets to spend the whole weekend on the internet talking about it
    People are busy on Friday and the weekend. They’re binge watching netflix or going out and therefore more likely to miss news like this.

I imagine they’re banking on this placating influencers (who are incentivized to accept a BS apology since their jobs depend on it) and that’s how most people will get the news when watching a streamer during their break on Monday.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Is it just me or does Arena feel awful now.

We got dual class wackiness and I barely get offered any class cards. Games are ho hum neutral minion fests with barely any swings.

Feels like buckets are gone too.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Buckets are gone. They announced that change in mid August to go live with this patch.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    People are busy on Friday and the weekend. They’re binge watching netflix or going out and therefore more likely to miss news like this.

I imagine they’re banking on this placating influencers (who are incentivized to accept a BS apology since their jobs depend on it) and that’s how most people will get the news when watching a streamer during their break on Monday.

Most politicians or companies still do this. You toss out your PR release on Friday after five and you won’t have the markets freak out or people discuss it at work.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Most politicians or companies still do this. You toss out your PR release on Friday after five and you won’t have the markets freak out or people discuss it at work.

Hollywood does this too with trailers for movies they're not super confident about.

So it is almost certainly no coincidence Blizzard released their statement when they did.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    So, first we have people giving Blizzard slack for going in the weekend with no statement, but when they actually do it's done to bury the statement in the weekend.

Because worktalk, while the controversy is biggest online.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Hollywood does this too with trailers for movies they're not super confident about.

So it is almost certainly no coincidence Blizzard released their statement when they did.

Patrick Klepek kinda nailed it, I think:

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    With blizzcon 3 weeks away I doubt this will have enough steam by then to force any other kind of reaction from blizz.

Only thing would be if players and others kept forcing blizz' hand by more cases of dissent.

Otherwise it'll be business as usual for a now-profit-driven company.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Blizzard has of course always been a for-profit company. It's for the best that people no longer expect differently from them.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's just frustrating that the list of people I can actually buy AAA games from is rapidly diminishing.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, the last two things I actually spent money on were the Deluxe Overwatch edition (which they took a political stance in twice already but because it was on the side that won they didn't have need to go after anyone) and the Diablo 3 Battlechest. I had planned to maybe get the Necromancer if it was $5 during the a Christmas sale, but that's not going to happen now. I have been debating just deleting everything, but since I've been essentially freeloading in HoTS where I have all the heroes and most of the best skins without spending a cent, and all the content in Hearthstone with gold and I only stick around to maybe one day hit legend, Diablo 3 can't make them any money, and Wings of Liberty is free and the best part so I don't need the rest of SC2. Gave up OW a while ago since they were slow to get the features people wanted out the door.

I essentially leave them installed just to get whatever free stuff they try to entice people to stick around and spend money except HS. I just spent some time completing all the other adventures and getting their cardbacks. I got to Heroic Tombs and it's just so poorly balanced I don't think I want to try anymore, and -then- this ridiculousness happens. I doubt they're going to focus on the rebalancing they usually go through with Heroics anytime soon with this trainwreck they started.

My gut says delete it all and let my completionist leanings learn to live with it, especially after hippo's post. Is it possible just freeloading and making sure I don't buy anything else just as good, because at least then I'm using up a bit of their bandwidth and processing, so in a small way it's costing them something at least? It's just too bad, there's some good people at Blizzard that decided to show it wasn't right and they didn't care if their bosses knew it. Wish there was a better way to support those people and tell Kotick and Brack what cowards they are.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    So, first we have people giving Blizzard slack for going in the weekend with no statement, but when they actually do it's done to bury the statement in the weekend.

It can easily be both. Not putting out a statement at all during the week seemed like an intentional attempt to ignore the issue to death. Putting out a shitty statement just before the weekend looks like an attempt at the tried-and-true method of putting out bad news at the point in the week that's most likely to be forgotten, which is just step two of "ignore it to death".

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    There is little doubt in my mind that Blizzcon will be a shitshow on day 1. Gamers can hold a grudge for a long time over small things, so something this big should be around for a while yet.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The Heroics I had to just grind out each Hero’s treasure as there was no way to win without them. Finally I cheesed it with the Gatling Wand at 150+ power to kill him. My completionist side needed me to finish it but it wasn’t fun at the end as. I beat it not through skill but through complete luck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    That's just a choice you have to make with your own conscience. They've already been given a black eye and lost a lot of money this week. A year+ from now, will you still feel like buying Diablo 4 sends a message that this behavior is okay? I don't think any of their suits will be thinking about that when they evaluate the sales of upcoming games.

Zek on
  • Options
    The Heroics I had to just grind out each Hero’s treasure as there was no way to win without them. Finally I cheesed it with the Gatling Wand at 150+ power to kill him. My completionist side needed me to finish it but it wasn’t fun at the end as. I beat it not through skill but through complete luck.

My issue has been with how they balanced things, say in Ch1 you have the wasp boss and it can flood the board and kill you and you can only get 1 or two minions out ever, and this can happen over and over. Same thing with the fire mage boss that can just clear everything with the passive. The starting decks for Reno are not all that great, and later on, when I want a bucket with a fireball, I've yet to see one with a fireball ever. The Murloc boss himself I managed through grinding I got down to about 53 life. I planned as best I could and there's nothing you can do against it using 3 fill the board cards in a row. Giving all the bosses a mana advantage, improved hero powers -and- cards that are something like 15+ mana value while only spending 6 or 7 isn't even poor designed, there's no design or plan behind it at all.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    That's just a choice you have to make with your own conscience. They've already been given a black eye and lost a lot of money this week. A year+ from now, will you still feel like buying Diablo 4 sends a message that this behavior is okay? I don't think any of their suits will be thinking about that when they evaluate the sales of upcoming games.

They certainly won't be thinking about it. Even if they had a game coming out tomorrow and it did poorly, they'd find another reason for the game's failure, likely leading to in-house action to placate shareholders. That's why I think moves like what the Overwatch community has done with Mei are great. If that leads to action by the Chinese government, there's no way it could be interpreted any other way, and it'd seriously affect Blizzard's pocket, without reflecting poorly on any of Blizzard's (largely innocent) employees.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I did as much as I could, canceling my WoW account with the reason being listed as "Free Hong Kong". Hopefully they get enough WoW cancellations that reference HK to notice.

I bet there is plenty of suits at Blizzard going 'shit shit shit, why did this have to happen right before BlizzCon!?'

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    There is little doubt in my mind that Blizzcon will be a shitshow on day 1. Gamers can hold a grudge for a long time over small things, so something this big should be around for a while yet.

Honestly, I'm hoping it's a disaster. They deserve it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    So, no sooner did I complain about the first Plague Lord, I got Flag with Crook and Flail and steamrolled it. Not as happy as I should be, given the circumstances.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I went infinite fireball route.

• Options
    How does the Gatling Wand work? I've never actually picked it. Is it +1 damage per spell cast that lasts across the entire run?