Options

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    also if I was that UPS driver and I saw the homeowner standing there watching me struggle, I'd have left the package at the bottom of the driveway and waved goodbye

or. y'know

walked on the snow

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hindsight's always 20/20 as they say

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    also if I was that UPS driver and I saw the homeowner standing there watching me struggle, I'd have left the package at the bottom of the driveway and waved goodbye

or. y'know

walked on the snow

I personally would've backed the truck up to the garage. But it's not as funny a video. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    A driveway as slippery as that, and as steep as that, it's entirely possible the truck couldn't get higher up.

Edit: I'm misremembering the steepness of the driveway.
    Yeah it could have probably gotten further up.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    My kitten used to jump up into the narrow space above the fridge like that, then use the leverage to pop open the fridge and help himself.

No one knew thing was happening until I happened to see him do it while I was outside the house through the window.

I had to get a locking mechanism until he grew too big to fit up there.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Put your goddamn hand etc.

Jesus Croist

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Put your goddamn hand etc.

Jesus Croist

Do NOT drink the water, it tastes like ass and dirt!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    be cool, Gurney

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

or. y'know

walked on the snow

I personally would've backed the truck up to the garage. But it's not as funny a video. :)
    They're not supposed to do that, would definitely get in trouble if they did.

sig.gif
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    What do you call the shadow on the second mewwn?

• Options
    We call that one, Muad'Dibuh

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Could I be known as Paul Muad'Dibuh?

cB557 on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    You are Paul, Muad'Dibuh

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome, to Larry Town

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    The Jetsons sound effect when Baron Harkonnen flies around gets me every time.

• Options
    the god damn box of pain is what everyone remembers but the end with Paul's internal monologue is what gets me every time

• Options
    my balls must've been on Arrakis

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    the god damn box of pain is what everyone remembers but the end with Paul's internal monologue is what gets me every time

ENOUGH!
    jesus christ

• Options
    How many years have we been doing the Dune video joke? Feels like it's just always been around.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    How many years have we been doing the Dune video joke? Feels like it's just always been around.

I just wanna know what percentage of that video's views are originated from these forums.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »

I just wanna know what percentage of that video's views are originated from these forums.

Oh, easily the majority.

• Options
    I dunno it's got 240k views, do we really drive that much traffic

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Well, considering that everyone here probably has seen it 8-10 times . . .

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have never clicked the video.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have never clicked the video.

There should be a badge for that.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I've probably watched it 100 times

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've probably watched it 100 times
    I watch it in full every time it's posted.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    The Box of Pain bit is actually my least favorite part of that video and I skip it almost every time now. Not that it's bad, it's just not as good and goes on for way too long.

The rest is solid gold though.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hey who wants to watch someone's career end

There's sound but it's mostly wind noise.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    You can see the starboard jets trying to stop the momentum of the ship hitting the bow of the stationary one. It might have been mostly out of someone's control.

Not sure if you've ever driven a 16 million ton ship in water that does whatever it wants, but I think it kind of does what it wants and you give it slight suggestions on what you'd prefer it do.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Hope those rooms were empty

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You can see the starboard jets trying to stop the momentum of the ship hitting the bow of the stationary one. It might have been mostly out of someone's control.

Not sure if you've ever driven a 16 million ton ship in water that does whatever it wants, but I think it kind of does what it wants and you give it slight suggestions on what you'd prefer it do.

Ships that big and complex definitely have bow and stern thrusters for manoeuvring, likely computer controlled from a very sophisticated control system in the bridge. A competent ship's captain should be trained and experienced enough to know how to avoid collisions like that.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Painstakingly modelled after real parenting techniques.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

Ships that big and complex definitely have bow and stern thrusters for manoeuvring, likely computer controlled from a very sophisticated control system in the bridge. A competent ship's captain should be trained and experienced enough to know how to avoid collisions like that.

Yeah it looks like the starboard aft thruster is fully engaged in the gif, but it's just not enough. There's a fuckin' lot of mass moving on one of those things. We also don't know what the water on the other side of the ship is doing.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've seen enough cruise ship gifs to never want to be near one.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I've seen enough cruise ship gifs to never want to be near one.

I get that some people might enjoy the experience, but being stuck in a place with like 3,000 strangers for a week or two at a time does not seem like a good time to me at all...

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I went on a cruise as part of a bachelor party once (6-7 years ago? jesus). It was mostly super fun, except for the part where I went to get a massage feeling great, and then fell asleep and woke up with unfathomable nausea/sea sickness for the rest of the day. I assume it was the combination of being drunk and hungover at the same time (hard to achieve for me) and laying horizontal for more than an hour without actually being in bed.

The highlight of that trip was me stumbling into one of the ship's many hot tubs moderately drunk at about 11:30pm with a Mormon family of 5 (dad, mom, and 3 kids from teen on down) and telling them how much I didn't believe in God. It went better than you would think!

Houk the Namebringer on