Options

[YouTube] Thread in the PA Test Kitchen

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/u8hpNqnyA9I
    NO
    GOOD
    BILLIONAIRES

the middle part of this is very dumb even though it's otherwise largely correct

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    NO
    GOOD
    BILLIONAIRES
    Yeah it's a little funny that he I guess doesn't know that Linux is sustained by money from Microsoft, among others, because it makes them money. You can't eat free software under capitalism

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/mT3vL1XKevs

continues to be my favorite youtube on the internet

Xehalus on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    NO
    GOOD
    BILLIONAIRES
    Yeah it's a little funny that he I guess doesn't know that Linux is sustained by money from Microsoft, among others, because it makes them money. You can't eat free software under capitalism

Open source has always had a free labor issue, and the movement tends to try to ignore it instead of resolving it.

Edit: Getting into the video, I have to say what the fuck? Stallman did not "say some cringe things" - the man is an abusive, misogynistic zealot whose presence in open source while driving out women because of his atrocious behavior is a black mark on the movement. If you can't make the argument for open source without having to quote abusers, perhaps your argument is not as good as you think.

Edit 2: I had to stop the video when he was reading Stallman's drivel about community while ignoring how the man actively pushed women out. It's a perfect example of the willful blindness in the community that enabled his abuse.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    NO
    GOOD
    BILLIONAIRES

Open source has always had a free labor issue, and the movement tends to try to ignore it instead of resolving it.

Edit: Getting into the video, I have to say what the fuck? Stallman did not "say some cringe things" - the man is an abusive, misogynistic zealot whose presence in open source while driving out women because of his atrocious behavior is a black mark on the movement. If you can't make the argument for open source without having to quote abusers, perhaps your argument is not as good as you think.

Edit 2: I had to stop the video when he was reading Stallman's drivel about community while ignoring how the man actively pushed women out. It's a perfect example of the willful blindness in the community that enabled his abuse.

Hey, remember the GNU operating system? The ultimate vision of Stallman's community driven manifesto?

No? Oh alright.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

This dude has the heaviest Canadian "ou" vowel sound I've ever heard

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTEYUh6vco

Swipe all the backflippin Jebeckys

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

This dude has the heaviest Canadian "ou" vowel sound I've ever heard

Those are some pretty fat raccoons.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    NO
    GOOD
    BILLIONAIRES

Hey, remember the GNU operating system? The ultimate vision of Stallman's community driven manifesto?

No? Oh alright.

The issue is that there's an entire mythos the open source community has created that establishes them as the "good guys" who wanted to protect the purity of "hobbyist" software development from the evil capitalists, that's built on a very specific view of the world. Being someone who grew up in an union family, I have a different view of labor and its value - it's a large part of why I view amateurism as class warfare, for example - and so their mythos rings hollow to me, especially when you look at things like racial and gender makeup.

• Options
    FWIW he responded to my Reddit comment that he didn't know about the other Stallman stuff, and I probably wouldn't have known about it if I weren't extremely online, so I blame the media as much as him not researching enough.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Was this whole video just an excuse to shave off his mustache?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    FWIW he responded to my Reddit comment that he didn't know about the other Stallman stuff, and I probably wouldn't have known about it if I weren't extremely online, so I blame the media as much as him not researching enough.

Stallman's misogyny has been well documented - it was a thing for women working in the MIT CS department to be told to keep plants in their office to ward him off, for one notable example. But the point is that to credulously repeat Stallman's complaints about people wanting to get paid harming the community while dismissing the fact that his behavior was in many ways worse basically tells me that he was pushing a line - one that I've heard over and over in my career as a programmer, and one that I'm done listening to.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I do appreciate that all 35000 comments appear to be Wah

Coinage on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I do appreciate that all 5000 comments appear to be Wah

wah

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Did he spend all year with a mustache just for this gag?!

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    my money is on him genuinely wanting to at least try having a mustache

it's a coin toss if he's getting rid of it for good, though

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Maybe I just grew used to it, but I kinda felt like he pulled it off.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Was this whole video just an excuse to shave off his mustache?

No, the whole mustache was for
    "I'm a Luigi"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The ultimate christmas train video from the Miniatur Wunderland🎅🎄🚂 Advent Calendar 2019 Day 24 (37 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181Od7ZlDNg

• Options
    Someday someone is going to get tired of Gritty's shit and beat the hell out of him(?).

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Someday someone is going to get tired of Gritty's shit and beat the hell out of him(?).

He truly represents The Most Ironicly Named City In America.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    How is he so good at throwing entire sheet cakes? How much practice can one person have had at that particular skill?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

foolish of you to think he can be beaten by mortal man

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    How is he so good at throwing entire sheet cakes? How much practice can one person have had at that particular skill?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    cwqid0mc796a.jpg

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ain't no law says you can't throw no cake in a man's face.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I mean, it is technically assault

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I mean, it is technically assault

I know that. Don't let facts get in the way of quality shit-posting.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

I believe Gritty trained under the master of cake throwing Steve Aoki.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

You know these bits are set up beforehand, right?

This discussion has been closed.