Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Metamorph continues it's streak of my advancing further than I have before. After 6(?) leagues I finally leveled a (lot of) gem to 20. Bout to have a bunch of 20/20 gems. Cobra Lash continues to be amazing, although now that I'm hitting T7/8 maps I'm starting to feel the lack of reliable sustain if there's not a lot of minions around for me to kill. Might be time to reroll, haven't played frost blades since my very first character..

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have spent three days now mapping in places where I don't have watch stones yet. I cannot find the people anywhere.

This is kind of frustrating.

In good news, once I sell this Chayula's Breachstone, I'll be able to afford a 6 linked Hyrri's Ire and get out of my Tabula.

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Update: I am an idiot. The slots on the left of the atlas are storage. You actually have to pick what areas to drop your watch stones.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Metamorph continues it's streak of my advancing further than I have before. After 6(?) leagues I finally leveled a (lot of) gem to 20. Bout to have a bunch of 20/20 gems. Cobra Lash continues to be amazing, although now that I'm hitting T7/8 maps I'm starting to feel the lack of reliable sustain if there's not a lot of minions around for me to kill. Might be time to reroll, haven't played frost blades since my very first character..

Vaal your gems or no balls.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Hey all, I need to multimod a wand with attack speed and critical strike chance. I have the $ but not the recipes. Anyone able to help?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    if you cant find anyone @treeofdead he is veru trustworthy and not overly expensive

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I can do it tonight.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Finally have a chance to dig deep and have got my first toon to act 3 and ready to hit the labyrinth for the first time. Never thought to check if we have a PA guild on Xbone or not, if so I wouldn't say no to an invite.

My primary right now is a witch named Marillka.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Don't think guilds are implemented on Xbox yet. There's a few of us on Xbox though. What build are you playing, I probably have some leveling stuff just sitting around in my stash

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Don't think guilds are implemented on Xbox yet. There's a few of us on Xbox though. What build are you playing, I probably have some leveling stuff just sitting around in my stash

A PoE version of a sith (arc/storm blast and a couple of chaos dots for variety), basically. Been investing on stacking critical chance and ailment duration and ES as my secondary defense stat. Will probably go elementalist with my ascendency.

Been going well so far, ran into a couple of metamorphs that were able to stun lock me, but most stuff withers too fast to actually hit my health pool.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I'm on now but it looks like I have to invite by gamertag

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Thanks to @Heffling I know have a 545 ele dps wand!!! I have 540 int right now
    6c8zo59ifz44.png

I bought this base for 6.5ex and dropped 6 dense fossils:
    c6ct1tozfbk3.png

PEW PEW

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    I'm on now but it looks like I have to invite by gamertag

It's cool, I'll be off and on all weekend after I get done at work tomorrow. If you have anything to share my GT is BlackDragon1066

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    So I'm confused about base types and ilvl. Prior to this league, It was my understanding that an 83 ilvl item was the same as a 100 ilvl item (bases from the dev cards that gives a 100 ilvl item).

So why, now that 83+ ilvl items are available, are those so much more valuable while at the same time, 100 ilvl items are still pretty worthless? Why is for instance a base type Warlord influenced spiked gloves at level 82 worth more than the same influenced item at level 84?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So I'm confused about base types and ilvl. Prior to this league, It was my understanding that an 83 ilvl item was the same as a 100 ilvl item (bases from the dev cards that gives a 100 ilvl item).

So why, now that 83+ ilvl items are available, are those so much more valuable while at the same time, 100 ilvl items are still pretty worthless? Why is for instance a base type Warlord influenced spiked gloves at level 82 worth more than the same influenced item at level 84?

ilvl affects what lvl of modifier can appear on an item

so if the same lvl of desirable modifier can appear on ilvl82 as ilvl84, there is no functional difference

• Options
    I knew that much, i was just curious if something was added along with the changes to allow for 83+ level maps that actually makes these more valuable or if it was just an e-peen measuring contest to have the higher level stuff. still doesnt make sense that 82 is more expensive then 84 tho.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I knew that much, i was just curious if something was added along with the changes to allow for 83+ level maps that actually makes these more valuable or if it was just an e-peen measuring contest to have the higher level stuff. still doesnt make sense that 82 is more expensive then 84 tho.

It is at least possible, though it strikes me as unlikely, that undesirable affixes for particular items get added at higher ilvls, such that it is easier to craft a good item with a lower ilvl.

Kaom's Hearts are like this with respect to corruption; if you intend to corrupt a Kaom's Heart, you don't want the ilvl too high because a lot (most?) of the high ilvl possible corruptions are variants on +gem levels, which are useless for Kaom's Hearts, obviously. The standard way to get low ilvl Kaom's Hearts is divination cards.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options

The bases given by the cards at ilvl 100 are only influenced if the card says they are influenced. So, for example, the card set that gives an ilvl 100 rare body armor can give you any base item, but it will not be an influenced base item. This means it has access to only the standard item mod pools. And the base item can be any body type, so it's likely you will not get the best base. On the other hand, the card set that gives you an ilvl 100 shaper influenced bone helmet is more valuable, both because it is shaper influenced and because it's a guaranteed top tier base item.

The second thing is that the higher the ilvl, the better mods that can roll on an item. So, for example, an ilvl 82 item may cap out at T2 life, but an ilvl 86 may be able to roll T1. This is why higher ilvl items tend to be worth more.

In your example, for the base item for crafting, the ilvl 82 warlord gloves should be worth less than the ilvl 84 pair. There are two situations in which this may not be the case. The first should be obvious, but it is that the ilvl 82 gloves have rolled one or more warlord mods (culling, chance to impale, etc) and could be used as an already started crafting base. That is, someone may buy them and remove any trash mods, then craft to their needs. The second case, and you really have to know the mod pools to recognize this, is that ilvl 83 or 84 could add one or more additional undesirable mods to the pool, so ilvl 82 would be easier to craft.

Two overlooked but very strong crafting options are Prefixes Cannot Be Modified and Suffixes Cannot Be Modified. Each of these requires an open mod of the opposite type (e.g. prefixes cannot be modified is a suffix). So, if you found a pair of warlord gloves with 2 warlord prefixes, decent life, and 2 junk suffixes (regen, low resist rolls, etc), you could use the Prefixes Cannot Be Modified craft then scour the item, which would only leave the life roll (a prefix) and the two Warlord prefixes. From this point, you could multi-mod the item to have two good but not great suffixes. Alternatively, you could craft a suffix then ex slam it. If the ex hits a good suffix, ex slam again. Say this one hits trash, now you could recraft Prefixes Cannot Be Modified and start over. This is how many end-game items are crafted. This is also VERY expensive.

Note - I don't do endgame crafting, I just understand the theory behind it. For specific stuff look at poe.db for mod pools, etc.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, sometimes things are priced for more or less than they are worth, because the people buying/selling don't always understand all the nuances.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »

The bases given by the cards at ilvl 100 are only influenced if the card says they are influenced. So, for example, the card set that gives an ilvl 100 rare body armor can give you any base item, but it will not be an influenced base item. This means it has access to only the standard item mod pools. And the base item can be any body type, so it's likely you will not get the best base. On the other hand, the card set that gives you an ilvl 100 shaper influenced bone helmet is more valuable, both because it is shaper influenced and because it's a guaranteed top tier base item.

The second thing is that the higher the ilvl, the better mods that can roll on an item. So, for example, an ilvl 82 item may cap out at T2 life, but an ilvl 86 may be able to roll T1. This is why higher ilvl items tend to be worth more.

In your example, for the base item for crafting, the ilvl 82 warlord gloves should be worth less than the ilvl 84 pair. There are two situations in which this may not be the case. The first should be obvious, but it is that the ilvl 82 gloves have rolled one or more warlord mods (culling, chance to impale, etc) and could be used as an already started crafting base. That is, someone may buy them and remove any trash mods, then craft to their needs. The second case, and you really have to know the mod pools to recognize this, is that ilvl 83 or 84 could add one or more additional undesirable mods to the pool, so ilvl 82 would be easier to craft.

Two overlooked but very strong crafting options are Prefixes Cannot Be Modified and Suffixes Cannot Be Modified. Each of these requires an open mod of the opposite type (e.g. prefixes cannot be modified is a suffix). So, if you found a pair of warlord gloves with 2 warlord prefixes, decent life, and 2 junk suffixes (regen, low resist rolls, etc), you could use the Prefixes Cannot Be Modified craft then scour the item, which would only leave the life roll (a prefix) and the two Warlord prefixes. From this point, you could multi-mod the item to have two good but not great suffixes. Alternatively, you could craft a suffix then ex slam it. If the ex hits a good suffix, ex slam again. Say this one hits trash, now you could recraft Prefixes Cannot Be Modified and start over. This is how many end-game items are crafted. This is also VERY expensive.

Note - I don't do endgame crafting, I just understand the theory behind it. For specific stuff look at poe.db for mod pools, etc.

Does anyone know this: If i am trying to craft a staff that has +1 to all sockets and grants fortify to gems (minion staff both of these are prefixes), and i get the first prefix i want, then i craft 'prefixs cannot be modified' onto the item. That means i can chaos the item and try to roll the second prefix... HOWEVER... doesnt that mean, that if i get a different prefix i don't want on it, its 'stuck' on the item, and i will have to start all over again?

or does it only apply to the prefix thats on the staff at the time i put the craft on it?

I bought a 6-link base, but im not having luck getting the two prefixes on it at the same time. i realize crafting has a lot of luck involved in it, but I'm guessing the method can make this easier and i might not be using the best one.

• Options
    An item must be rare to have more than one prefix.

You can only get two prefixes and no suffixes by; annulling (and getting lucky), rolling an item with 2 prefixes and an open suffix -> craft prefixes cannot be changed -> scour, or beastcraft by adding a suffix and removing a prefix.

There are a lot of great crafting explainer videos on YouTube, I’d spend some time there

• Options
    I don't think you can add an additional prefix if you have "prefixes can't be modified", can you?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I don't think you can add an additional prefix if you have "prefixes can't be modified", can you?

This is correct.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Those were separate parts of the list. My bad!

• Options
    Someone had a 6L tremor rod on the market board for 4ex. It'd clear out most of my currency, sitting on 2ex and 170c, and I'd have to color it but I've already played this more than any other league and currency ain't any good in a couple months. I should jump on it if I see it again

• Options
    Hahaha, found someone asking 3ex, offered 2ex 70c which is the going conversion, got rejected. Bought an ex for 65c and then bought the staff for 3ex.

It's 2r 4b so I need to color it. Thinking 2g 4b is the most versatile for mines but I'm not positive

• Options
    I can steam roll through most of the red maps I've done so far. I get an Altered Memory Unique T8 map. I think "This can't be that hard."

Burn all of the portals dying to the final boss.

Holy crap there is just too much going on in that fight.

• Options
    okay fuck all the crafting questions. i just sold everything i had of value and plopped down 11.4 ex for the staff i wanted.

I now have 6 chaos.
    thats it. just 6 chaos.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Found out my i7-4790's been running at half or less clockspeeds since I bought it last year because two of the pins (which I knew were a little messed up, but didn't realize how dire) on the HSF broke when I installed it and thus it instantly downclocks to avoid frying about three seconds after anything intensive starts.

And it was still an upgrade in that state over my old G3258, especially in the quad-core-demanding games I played at the time like Dark Souls 3, and I saw it was running a bit hot but not hitting 100c, so I figured it was fine and that it just wasn't a blow-my-socks-off upgrade after all.

So today I'm getting an SSD and a Gammaxx 400 cooler. Looking forward to seeing what that does for my PoE performance. Maybe Flicker Strike won't feel gross in maps now.

• Options
    okay fuck all the crafting questions. i just sold everything i had of value and plopped down 11.4 ex for the staff i wanted.

I now have 6 chaos.
    thats it. just 6 chaos.

What staff?

• Options
    a

I now have 6 chaos.
    thats it. just 6 chaos.

What staff?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

• Options
    a

I now have 6 chaos.
    thats it. just 6 chaos.

What staff?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

Questions/suggestions:

1) I assume when you say staff, you mean the maul on your Necromancer?
    2) Why don't you flip your gems? Vendor a level 20 gem with a GCP to get a level 1 / 20% quality version.
    3) Why don't you use catalysts to improve your gear? You could get quite a bit more strength by improving the quality.
    4) Consider some relatively inexpensive upgrades. A 37-38 strength Baron is only about 25 chaos. And a 15% cyclopean coil with 20% quality would give you 16% total increased attributes. That's 2% more strength.

• Options
    1) yeah the maul.

2)I know i have room for improvements at this point, I was mostly worried about the largest upgrades. I know about the 20% quality thing, i was leveling some duplicate gems in my alt weapon for a while, and i just maxed out the level 20 gems i needed to make a hungry loop with all 4 gems needed to make it a vaal skeleton item, so i can focus on the gems again. Most of my gems were vaaled and yielded nothing, so i figure id just start over to try to get level 21's eventually.

3) my rings need a rework... my ele resists are barely maxed and my chaos is only at about 20% so will wait to burn catalysts. i could use what i have on my astralments, i think i have 18 intrinsicts, so thats a quick boost.

4) the coil I'm hoping to replace with a rare if possible.

since i just spent almost all my cash, getting a new baron/ring/belt are on the list of things to do. my str is a bit over 1k, but far enough from hitting the next zombie breakpoint (1200) that im not going to get much bang for my buck at this stage and i need an enlightened gem first thing for my auras.

Overall tho, I'm pretty happy with the damage boost. if anything its made me a bit complacent at how quickly things die and i occasionally will take a one shot just from a silly overconfidence thing i did, getting too close to something, or running ahead and getting a suprise blast of ranged to the face.

• Options
    I finally got my hands on a 6L chest. And it had an open suffix/prefix. And it turns out my veiled crafting has been lagging... Looks like its time to bug Jun for those Atlas missions.

• Options
    So I guess I suck at the new atlas, but I did my first Sirus at awakening 5. He dropped an awakening orb. So that’s cool, think I’m gonna use it

• Options
    I'm still working my way through the Atlas, I think I've got 8 stones and I still have a couple low level maps to clean.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Friend finished out his 40/40 and let me borrow his Headhunter until I wrap up mine too, just need to do the last 70% of 99-100 and kill a bunch of metamorphs!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I started playing this around Christmas and just this weekend finished all the acts. I have unlocked the epilogue but haven’t finished it.

Is there a good beginners guide for what comes next? I am a necromancer/minion witch but I seem to explode very easily against most bosses.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I started playing this around Christmas and just this weekend finished all the acts. I have unlocked the epilogue but haven’t finished it.

Is there a good beginners guide for what comes next? I am a necromancer/minion witch but I seem to explode very easily against most bosses.

Are your resists at 75% for the three elements? If not, that needs to get fixed first, then its basically about stacking EHP (health and/or energy shield), but without ditching too much DPS (usually not a huge issue for minion Necro, those fuckers hit hard).

As for what comes next, its a bunch of maps. And then after that some more maps.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »

Are your resists maxed? probably not because beating the boss gives you another permanent -30 resists.

As a minion build...it depends on which one you picked how explody you are but resists are the first step. The 'epilogue' is basically endless. the mapping portion of the game has a storyline with an 'end' (until the sequel at least), but basically as a first time player, you can just put a map in the map device, activate it, and do an area. the 'atlas' of different maps will fill in as you do each one and meet certain requirements (Like making the maps yellow with an alchemy orb, or corrupted, which would be yellow + a vaal orb used on the map).

This discussion has been closed.