As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I hate the evade mechanic, but really ALIM/GUMI could fix it if they wanted to. Adding accuracy to attacks would go a long way toward balancing bosses and trials. But they seem to like the evade mechanic as is, probably because it gets people to pull for evade materia and equipment.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I don't mind some fights needing some evasion, using Kimahri on the Ardyn SBB or Braska's Final Aeon is fun. But when it's the default option on every fight ever because they make the boss throw out tons of auto attacks that will kill any unit no matter their DEF and HP, and it's a bit boring.

It also makes dedicated tank units worth a lot less. Which is a shame, because then people don't pull for those units and so they end up designing less cool tank units in favor of more DPS units. I like units like Wilhelm and Sieghard and A.WoL.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Basch is nice in that regard since he can evade tank and also still function as a magic tank, particularly if the magic damage is lightning.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Basch is nice in that regard since he can evade tank and also still function as a magic tank, particularly if the magic damage is lightning.
    I’d like Basch latents to hit and really make this his role - all it would take is some passive evade and provoke and some additional hp/spr

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    I’d like Basch latents to hit and really make this his role - all it would take is some passive evade and provoke and some additional hp/spr

That reminds me, if I knock out Cactaur, I can free up a materia slot from his evade build for 40% more HP and 30% more SPR.

Characters
  • Options
    Going to wait till next week to see if it’s something other than Odin Reagan but I’ll probably do the 25k step up. Looked on the wiki and i have around 26k from the story still.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Besides evade tanking being almost necessary in some trials, most of the popular evade tanks are also breakers (Kryla, Rikku-X2, upcoming CG Vaan who is pretty much explicitly designed as a passive provoke/evade breaker) or healers (Doc Aiden), offering HUGE role compression.

If you can make eSylvie into a passive provoke/evade tank and pair her with eElephim you can also drop a dedicated healer in most cases, meaning you've combined four roles into two (tank/buffer/breaker/healer). Now you can do fun things like bringing a finisher and two chainers along with your magic tank.

You can get Sylvie to full evade? How? Because I generally have never had an evasion tank, which has often complicated matters.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Besides evade tanking being almost necessary in some trials, most of the popular evade tanks are also breakers (Kryla, Rikku-X2, upcoming CG Vaan who is pretty much explicitly designed as a passive provoke/evade breaker) or healers (Doc Aiden), offering HUGE role compression.

If you can make eSylvie into a passive provoke/evade tank and pair her with eElephim you can also drop a dedicated healer in most cases, meaning you've combined four roles into two (tank/buffer/breaker/healer). Now you can do fun things like bringing a finisher and two chainers along with your magic tank.

You can get Sylvie to full evade? How? Because I generally have never had an evasion tank, which has often complicated matters.

I think to get her full evade with full provoke needs one of the big evasion STMRs; Kaito, MM Xon, or Advanced Locke.
    For example: https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#21b093c0-953f-11ea-ba80-53b5edebf1dc

• Options
    If you just want passive provke / evade, it's not too hard to gear Sylvie for it. She has innate 20% evade which makes gearing it easier. Noctis, Aloha Lasswell TMRs are great for dodge, but even Sazh's TMR is fine to use. She won't have her trust ability, but she can get the provoke and evasion fairly simply.

The main issue is if you're missing any free gear / materia we've gotten. Moogle Charm and K Producer's Jacket are needed for the passive provoke, and the Dodge Roll materia from the last KH collab event is really nice for gearing dodge tanks.

I can gear for her provoke and evade with her TMR on, but I have to use Tetra Sylphid's 5% dodge to get, and I can't get passive ailment resistance. However, I could STMR moogle MM Xon to make it way easier, or even just clearing the Gigantuar trial would make it a little better.

• Options
    Well, Rikku X-2, Cloud AC, and an -80% lightning imperil can one-shot Eggsecutioner ELT with Cloud's LB.

This'll be a nice quick 3-4 unit challenges per run.

Characters
  • Options
    After around an hour of tinkering, I was able to get the iOS switch controls to work again. I can chain slots 2 and 5 right now, which should work for DV. Can get AR chains of 119 or whatever the full chain is, which is nice. Not sure if I'll be able to flick it off in time to click a finisher though, we'll see.

• Options
    I have so many pots now, christ.

Characters
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Yes, built for LB damage. I'm not sure why FFBE Equip shows AC Cloud with lower LB damage. Could be that you need to make sure that he's door potted and has max lvl 40 LB? Do they both have comparable LB modifiers?

edit: Noctis does have some killers that he can apply to himself. Maybe it's assuming he's buffed when calculating. AC Cloud has no killer buffs.

Not specifying an enemy type specifically so killers aren't counted for anything.
    Building Noctis for just physical damage; doing quint-cast of 4-boosting abilities and then point-blank-warp+.
    Cloud build using his LB+; comes up with 295% LB damage but he's like half the damage as Noctis' finish move.

Noctis - https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#a5c75520-9140-11ea-91f2-6dbbd5627a84
    Cloud - https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#b2802b20-9140-11ea-91f2-6dbbd5627a84

I finally figured out why CP Noctis here is doing so much more damage than AC Cloud. CP Noctis is applying a self 150% ATK buff and 65% DEF break with his power-up moves, which are accounted for in the damage. If you apply a 150% ATK buff to AC Cloud and a 65% DEF break to the enemy he ends up doing roughly twice the damage that CP Noctis is doing. To make sure that's what it was, I also applied the 150% ATK buff and 65% DEF break on the CP Noctis build as well.

And yes, I have been trying to figure this out for way too long.

Cruor on
  • Options
    That's excellent timing because I broke and pulled for him this morning. It went... terrible.
    12k+25k for the guaranteed 7* and I got 1 non-guaranteed rainbow; Neverending Hope #5. The two guarantees were CG Lightning #5 and Aurora Fryevia #9.
    But I got AC Cloud with the ticket+prism. Then went to check and I have 99 / 100 STMR tickets.
    Sad trombone sound goes here.

• Options
    Oh and it looks like the Dark Visions cheaters got, at the least, removed from the rankings.
    Was at 1059 but I ended up with the 500 - 1000 rewards.
    Checking reddit and it looks like at least 70-80 out of the top 100 people were given the boot.

• Options
    Someone explain this new IW to me. So you need bonus units now for the special ability increase? Does it help with regular rare traits? Do you just need 100% ?

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Someone explain this new IW to me. So you need bonus units now for the special ability increase? Does it help with regular rare traits? Do you just need 100% ?
    I think it's only to get rate up of the unique ability for the specialty weapons. It does not give rate up of anything else.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think it's only to get rate up of the unique ability for the specialty weapons. It does not give rate up of anything else.

Pretty much this. There are unique enhancements for the specific weapons listed, and you can get a boost to chance to get that unique by using the character that weapon is for.

If you're running the Ifrit GS we got on the last Esper unit event, you want to run Ifrit Rain (if you have him) to increase the chance that the unique enhancement shows up. It doesn't effect anything else, as far as I'm aware.

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Interesting, it reads like any bonus unit increases all chances: "The bonus increases the chance of Unique Abilities when enhancing the listed weapons above". Also do they stack?

EDIT: Someone in the help thread mentioned stacking so +200%. Not sure where they are getting that from.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Yeah, they stack. I think it gave an example in the news for the event. Also, I'm not sure 100% sure but I don't think the unit matters.. they all give bonuses to all the event weapons.
    Like you don't need Ifrit Rain for the bonus to Ifrit Rain's sword; any of the bonus units will work.

Also, looks like the new Ghoul boss is bugged on LGD. He does a pre-emptive move below 50% that crashes the game. So you have to KO him from above 50% if you want to complete it right now.
    Pretty sad considering this is the Halloween boss; oh well. I think I have a 1-turn KO party that even has a free spot for a cycling unit.. I just need to find actual Karten friends now.

• Options
    I can set up a Karten for the CoV boss. I'm guessing he's still weak to Dark element? I'll get mine up with a dark weapon and as much undead killer as I can get.

And I think I'm going finally use one of these 3 STMR moogles I've got. MM Xon's STMR is so good and I can start enhancing it right away. And if I pull anymore MM Xons in the future, I'll just save for a second one.

• Options
    He's "weak" to dark in the sense that it's the only element he doesn't have 200% resistance too. Yikes.
    If you have a Doctor Aiden, he's amazing for a 1 turn KO strategy because his cooldown imbues everyone with dark and imperils dark, so you don't have to worry about equipping elemental weapons.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    He's "weak" to dark in the sense that it's the only element he doesn't have 200% resistance too. Yikes.
    If you have a Doctor Aiden, he's amazing for a 1 turn KO strategy because his cooldown imbues everyone with dark and imperils dark, so you don't have to worry about equipping elemental weapons.

If you don't OTKO it then good luck. If you hit it with physical damage it puts up a giant physical damage mitigation. Likewise for magical damage and magical mitigation. Not sure how long the mitigation lasts, gonna go back in and try again once I have time. Maybe you can hit him, then wait a round, then hit him again, etc.

The added evasion is just super shitty.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Well, I got my one turn KO down. I can do it with Karten or AC Cloud, which is nice. Makes finding friends easier.
    Went back in the second time for the 500 lapis for 6 unique units and noticed his opening move can either
    a) give him magic mitigation and some %-age of resist SPR break or
    b) give him physical mitigation and some %-age of resist DEF break

so 50/50 chance you load up the fight and can't one turn KO anyway. Will have to see if that can be dispelled or not.

And yeah, almost had a strategy to get all the missions; using Emperor Foo to fill LBs and do some LB-usage on turn 1, survive 1 turn, and then KO on turn two. But then he gets evasion so Cloud just misses and I lose.
    This fight is a whole bag of random screw you. Think I'll stick with getting the 500 lapis and then clearing out PRO/ELT for now.

Edit:
    Oh, if anyone wants to know my setup for this:
    Rikku/Breaker - They break. Doesn't need any gear.
    Regis - Double-cast his AoE Buff cooldown and AoE Undead Killer buff cooldown. Also doesn't need any gear.
    Doctor Aiden - Build for 100% provoke and high HP/SPR to soak up the pre-emptive attack. Use his dark imperil/imbue cooldown.
    AC Cloud or Karten + Friend AC Cloud or Karten - Build for undead killer. Cloud built for LB as well. Use Karten's Frenzied Barrage or Cloud's LB for one-shot kill.
    Last slot for swap out unit to climb your unique unit counter.

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The break resist can be dispelled, the mitigation cannot.

Edit: I'm gonna use this strategy I think -

100% innate provoke eSylvie with as much HP/SPR as possible to survive preemptive. She uses her ATK/MAG buff DEF/SPR break CD and gives chaining moves to two TDH units. Doesn't matter who so long as they have 100% accuracy. Thanks to Sylvie they don't even need to be in the same chain family. Doc Aiden then imbues/imperils dark and AC Clouds cap the chains. If that works, that gives me a repeatable strategy for LGD where I can swap out two units per run, and they can be literally any unit that I can get up to 100% accuracy.

Cruor on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I put up several units to help with the ghost guy. Operative Zyrus and Draconian Princess Fina for magic, and Karten and Godrea for physical. If you have an MM Xon, Godrea can self imbue with dark and a +75% undead killer and +250% ATK on her first turn, so you can spread that around with his mirror moves. I'm holding off doing the legendary level one until they fix the crash bug.

• Options
    What killers would be appreciated on friend AC Clouds for this new guy? Undead?

Characters
  • Options

Yeah, he's undead.

100% innate provoke eSylvie with as much HP/SPR as possible to survive preemptive. She uses her ATK/MAG buff DEF/SPR break CD and gives chaining moves to two TDH units. Doesn't matter who so long as they have 100% accuracy. Thanks to Sylvie they don't even need to be in the same chain family. Doc Aiden then imbues/imperils dark and AC Clouds cap the chains. If that works, that gives me a repeatable strategy for LGD where I can swap out two units per run, and they can be literally any unit that I can get up to 100% accuracy.

This is a great idea because I can build my Cloud to be TDH and not have to worry about finding other Clouds with TDH (hint, there are none on my friend list).

• Options
    edited May 2020

Yeah, he's undead.

This is a great idea because I can build my Cloud to be TDH and not have to worry about finding other Clouds with TDH (hint, there are none on my friend list).

So it turns out two AC Clouds capping isn't enough, at least with seemingly none of my friend AC Clouds having any Undead killer besides what Odin has. Also why are all my Karten friends built with no undead killer?! I'm gonna come back to this in a day or so when my friend list populates with unit setups that make sense.

Edit: Or, ya know, wait until the trial is fixed and no longer crashes the game at the 60% threshold so I don't have to OTKO it.

Cruor on
  • Options
    That's excellent timing because I broke and pulled for him this morning. It went... terrible.
    12k+25k for the guaranteed 7* and I got 1 non-guaranteed rainbow; Neverending Hope #5. The two guarantees were CG Lightning #5 and Aurora Fryevia #9.
    But I got AC Cloud with the ticket+prism. Then went to check and I have 99 / 100 STMR tickets.
    Sad trombone sound goes here.

Ended up doing the same. Used my 30% 5* ticket from DV on the banner, got AC Tifa #3. That pushed me to do the 25k step up. Ended up with Orders Sakura #1 and NE Hope #5. I just ended up UoC'ing his prism since I didn't want to drop another 12k. Still have 40 UoC's.

Part of me wants to STMR moogle his STMR since IW is going on. But I think I'll wait, chances are now that I have him at 7* more will come. Plus I'm only 1 CP Noctis away from his STMR.

• Options
    Ok, best I've gotten so far is 8%. Just need a Karten friend to show up that actually has undead killers and I should be good. Using Karten/Karten/AC Cloud/Regina/Sylvie/DocAiden.

• Options
    Ok, best I've gotten so far is 8%. Just need a Karten friend to show up that actually has undead killers and I should be good. Using Karten/Karten/AC Cloud/Regina/Sylvie/DocAiden.

Mine should be up in one of the Nemesis tabs, he has 300% undead killer. I do have him with a dark weapon (in case a friend has no imbue), but I could take that off for more ATK.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »

Mine should be up in one of the Nemesis tabs, he has 300% undead killer. I do have him with a dark weapon (in case a friend has no imbue), but I could take that off for more ATK.

That 300% undead killer should be more than enough. I'll see if I can actually get your Karten to show up.

• Options
    I’ve got a Karten up in nemesis 2 with dark weapon and undead killers

• Options

That 300% undead killer should be more than enough. I'll see if I can actually get your Karten to show up.

Choosing a friend unit is a real battle sometimes. When you put your Karten up for me a while back for the Venomous Vines fight, it was a hassle trying to use him. I'd see your other units on other tabs, but not the Karten. It's so bizarre at times.

• Options

Used your Karten, got him down....to 1%.

Fuuuuuck this fight man. Why am I determined to beat it while it's bugged?

• Options
    edited May 2020

I didn't see your Karten in either Nemesis tab - I did see Esther and another unit though. Are you sure he's up? If so, add to the list of weird bugs in this game.

Edit: I have seen your units in every tab and none of them is Karten. I blame Gumi

Cruor on
  • Options

I didn't see your Karten in either Nemesis tab - I did see Esther and another unit though. Are you sure he's up? If so, add to the list of weird bugs in this game.

Edit: I have seen your units in every tab and none of them is Karten. I blame Gumi

Yeah, that's the issue I've run into before. I'll see a friend on a few tabs, but they don't show on others. I checked and my Karten is on Nemesis 1. Darn you, Gumi!

• Options

Used your Karten, got him down....to 1%.

Fuuuuuck this fight man. Why am I determined to beat it while it's bugged?

He wasn’t door potted for atk, which I’ve rectified.

• Options

Yeah, that's the issue I've run into before. I'll see a friend on a few tabs, but they don't show on others. I checked and my Karten is on Nemesis 1. Darn you, Gumi!

That's weird because when I was looking it was showing Esther as your Nemesis 1 unit. I think something seriously screwy is happening with the friendlist.