Options

the empty arena wrestling thread

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I watched a couple of 1957 matches from Mr "Promotional Consideration Paid For By The Following" himself, Lord Alfred Hayes.

Holy shit he whips ass! He has all kinds of crazy counters to every hold, throws stiff strikes, and just cranks on every submission.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I watched WrestleMania 1 or 2 when we first had the network and have to admit I had completely forgotten Lord Alfred existed. He was so gloriously awkward I looked forward to the times between matches.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Welp I’ll be listening to this for sure

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    decent episode, the tyson bit was super flat though, not sure why he's there

can we please get Wardlow in a real match finally thank you in advance

• Options
    Based on this picture I guess FTR is on Dynamite or Dark next week.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Uhhh

To talk about Brady and Connecticut the says you are going to work an unprecedented schedule for a mid card title then says you are going to do an open challenge every week

I literally yelled at my tv FFS Cody don’t just try to act like Cena doesn’t exist

Cena doesn't exist

Bray Wyatt erased him from reality

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    They're gonna get a lot of shit for that, and it's deserved. That's legitimately at least 40 people close together
    maybe from fans, but Florida is basically open now so, there wont be any real fall out....assuming they are on the level about testing.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Wrestle Universe (the rebranded DDT Universe) is uploading NOAH's archives, starting with the first shows and the first Great Voyage

NOAH Departure 08/05/2000
    Takeshi Morishima vs Makoto Hashi
    Haruka Eigen, Jun Izumida and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Mitsuo Momota, Rusher Kimura and Takeshi Rikio
    Masao Inoue and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Kentaro Shiga and Naomichi Marufuji
    Daisuke Ikeda, Masahito Kakihara and Yoshinari Ogawa vs NO FEAR (Satoru Asako, Takao Omori and Yoshihiro Takayama)
    Akira Taue and Mitsuharu Misawa vs Jun Akiyama and Kenta Kobashi in a 2-of-3 falls tag match

NOAH Departure 08/06/2000
    Kenta Kobayashi vs Asako
    Eigen, Kikuchi and Kanemaru vs Hashi, Momota and Kimura
    Inoue and Morishima vs Marufuji and Rikio
    Taue and Izumida vs NO FEAR (Omori and Takayama)
    Ikeda and Shiga vs Misawa and Ogawa
    Kobashi vs Akiyama

NOAH Great Voyage 12/23/2000
    Kobayashi and Kikuchi vs Kishin Kawabata and Scorpio
    Eigen, Izumida and Asako vs Hashi, Momota and Kimura
    Inoue, Rikio and Takashi Sugiura vs Shiga, Morishima and Kanemaru
    Marufuji and Tamon Honda defend the WEW tag titles against Kodo Fuyuki and Tetsuhiro Kuroda
    Ikeda and Ogawa vs. Akitoshi Saito and Masashi Aoyagi
    Taue vs Takayama
    Omori vs Shinya Hashimoto
    Vader vs Misawa
    Kobashi vs Akiyama

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    They're gonna get a lot of shit for that, and it's deserved. That's legitimately at least 40 people close together
    maybe from fans, but Florida is basically open now so, there wont be any real fall out....assuming they are on the level about testing.

I would be stunned if the Florida government was on the level about any of that shit

• Options
    Noah Stuff

Nice, there's some really good stuff in those early Noah cards. Can't wait until they get up to the NOAH/NJPW feud.

Also, man NOAH really loved those old guy comedy matches.

• Options
    Today I learned that pre-Sgt Slaughter Sgt Slaughter had some gorgeous, flowing locks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8y0kBMVE0&feature=emb_title

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grVjU8AiD4U

I am very happy Rusev is streaming his game rants

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I am very happy Rusev is streaming his game rants

I'm all abroad the Rusev train and his opinion of RDR2. Its gorgeous and the story is good, but my god, is it boring as hell to play.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I would be stunned if the Florida government was on the level about any of that shit

oh no ....I didnt mean the government, I mean AEW. They could easily still get in trouble if their testing regimen is full of shit.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Didn't know until now Aubrey was involved in the development of the pretty good Scribblenauts game franchise

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    a local wrestler has a gimmick where he wears black shirts and says everyone wearing a black shirt is a fan of his

it is very effective as heel heat

Wait, who is that? Is it a 321 guy?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Yung Strife, one half of the Legion of Gloom

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    From the observer
    > Sonya Deville, who is repped by Anderson Group Public Relations, is attempted to be pushed for acting roles and is in particular being pushed by her agency as rumored to be in he running for the role of “Batwoman” on a new TV series

• Options
    I would be very into that

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    EZMTCMKUYAM6pJg?format=jpg&name=medium

I never knew Stan Hansen had this much swag.

• Options
    Also NJPW put up Amazing Red vs Will Ospreay from the J-Cup last year for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yKk4ixzxp0

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    From the observer
    > Sonya Deville, who is repped by Anderson Group Public Relations, is attempted to be pushed for acting roles and is in particular being pushed by her agency as rumored to be in he running for the role of “Batwoman” on a new TV series

How would that work with the WWE, considering the hectic shooting schedule for both shows?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    they’d write her off the show while she filmed i’m sure, they’ve done it for movie shoots

wwe will cling to anything that will make them more mainstream relevant so i wouldn’t doubt they’d let her do it

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    true, but WWE also likes to hang onto people before they go off. Cause as hard as Batwoman sounds, it is probably less hard then the WWE schedule and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want their biggest name queer woman to leave.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    The shooting schedules for CW shows are notoriously lengthy. I don't think she'd be able to do both.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I hope she leaves WWE for Batwoman that'd be awesome. WWE doesn't deserve her.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I wouldn't be...sure that the CW deserves her either

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    She's got a better chance of leaving a legacy being Batwoman than she does as Mandy Rose's upset friend in WWE's terrible main roster women's division. But if she left to do Batwoman and turned that show around, she'd be welcomed back to the main roster anyway.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    For the record, Mandy and Sonya have been in the best storyline on Smackdown. And that’s not by WWE standards; it’s been a legitimately entertaining story.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    From the Observer:
    “Samoa Joe is still not cleared to return, however he is also now considered the permanent replacement for Lawler as an announcer. What that means if/when he is cleared is that he may have the role where he announces and they can shoot angles for him to wrestle using that (since those kind of angles usually do well).”

I am more than down for Samoa Joe as wrestler/commentator and never having to hear Lawler again.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Okay, that's it

I'm fully fucking untethered from reality now, end the simulation

• Options
    .....This feels like a trap.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Out of nowhere!

Seriously, who had woke Orton in the 2020 bingo card?

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Baby steps.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    For the record, Mandy and Sonya have been in the best storyline on Smackdown. And that’s not by WWE standards; it’s been a legitimately entertaining story.

At what cost though. The WWE need to split teams cost us Damandyz Donuts.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Also NJPW put up Amazing Red vs Will Ospreay from the J-Cup last year for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yKk4ixzxp0

This is easily one of my favorite matches from last year. Red's influence on wrestling has gone so underappreciated for years and it's a shame.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Gulak was in a battle royale tonight on SDL, for the record.

This discussion has been closed.