As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 10% tickets may be a waste. I'm getting a 30% ticket which will end up in the Xenogears banner and probably get me Green Rico.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    They should be removing the DV cheaters with this maintenance. That could mean better rewards for a lot of people. I'm nowhere near the next tier, so I know what rewards I'll be getting.

• Options
    They'd have to remove over 200 cheaters for me to get below the 1k threshold, but...they removed more than that last time. Who knows!

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I dropped about 110 rank in DV.

I think I'm burning out on FFBE. I used up all of my rare tickets on the collab banners last night. I got a couple more off-banners and closer to some STMRs. The anniversary better be good.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Rank 533.. so close, oh well.
    Dropped the tickets I got from raid rank rewards and the early FF8 tickets, but no rainbows :(
    DV 5* was Summer Folka/Citra #5

• Options
    No rainbows from the tickets, the 5* EX got me Orlandeau#3. Big old meh all around today.

• Options
    I've decided to save of this month's EX, 5+1, and 10+1 tickets until after the anniversary to see what they throw at us. I will probably use the 5* EX because I could finish an STMR to run through IW.

• Options
    I'm really digging not knowing what the anniversary will entail. The JP 4th anniversary was pretty much a big nothing besides the introduction of Esper units and DV. I know that we're pretty much all expecting the unit design contest units, but other than that it's a complete mystery. Maybe we'll also get NewElena.

I wonder if they'll run another unit design contest. I don't have any solid ideas for units at the moment, but I'm sure I could come up with something if there is a contest. Third time's a charm, right?

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I have to imagine they'll address Neo Vision at some point during the 4th anniversary because frankly I don't know when else they'd do it. According to what little sense can be made of the current JP:GL release schedule timeline, we're something like five months behind JP when the norm used to be about 8-9 months. If this release cadence remains constant (or increases), I'd expect that we'd see the NV system hit GL around November or December, meaning they'd pretty much have to address it now. Frankly I'm hoping they do just that because the NV system, at least as it exists in JP, would be disastrous if it were to be implemented as-is in GL. No step-ups at all, 1% NV rates, ridiculous grinds to even make the NV character functionally more interesting than the standard 7* units and 5* bases effectively being relegated to garbage status, just as the 4* units were when the 7* system emerged. All of that on top of a system that has all but gotten rid of standard summon tickets and removed most non-lapis pulling methods entirely. I really am surprised more people aren't keeping tabs on the system in JP because Alim doesn't appear to be changing course and if Gumi goes ahead with it, I can see a good number of people jumping ship, myself included.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh yeah the JP system for pulling new NVs is just trash. However, the system for upgrading old units is pretty decent, and the old units are just as good or better than the shiny new ones. For instance - NV Tifa still, I think, has the highest burst damage of any unit with her LB and she's the unit they gave out for free. NV Lasswell came out at the same time as new NV Akstar and does better damage (although NV Akstar is designed to quickly dispatch BREAK bars, which is the new hotness boss mechanic going forward in JP). NV BSSakura and NV Dark Fina are monsters as well.

But yes, they do need to address NVs and the system in place to pull them. The JP system is, again, hot garbo.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Heads up! The 5% Moogles for Quistis in the MK shops are actually 10% Moogles. So, you can buy all of them and the 50% Moogle and save having to buy the 25% Moogle.

I have a feeling this will be fixed soon so take advantage of it while you can.

• Options
    Nice! Saved a bit of MK currency.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Man wtf. I’ve been running Bartz STMR pretty much this entire time. Finally get a rare but with the worst other stats, 5% stuff. Frustrated, i run the new Little General. Never know when i might need 2 and the unique is easy. End up with this, again wtf.
    dgid6tujthwc.png

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I got the rare on Vespniae, and then moogled up Noel's STMR spear (who knows when I might need a water spear, and it's got decent ATK) and got the rare on that as well. Trying to blaze through the MK to get Quistis' STMR so I can run that a bunch of times.

• Options
    Burned through some NRG pots to get Quistis' STMR, which also got me to the second 5* ticket. The ticket gave me Queen#8, so now I have two pairs of Lucid Lenses. I'm not mad at that, it's a great accessory, and when Queen eventually gets her NV upgrade I'll be set to boost her up nicely.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    First event ticket: Cloud #5 :/

Also burning energy to get Quistis’ STMR, but not having much luck on bonus mobs.

• Options
    I burned a bunch of NRG pots to get the STMR as well. That put me at 47k EP. I'll probably finish off the last bit for the 2nd 5* select summon this weekend. We get the last of the FFVIII summon tickets tomorrow and I'll be using up all of those too.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Since I never really did the full circle of Bahamut things, I am currently looking for the Cliff for the Dragon Killer materia you can get in the world rerun quests. I made the mistake of doing so at a time where I'm not in front of a computer, so I can't just check maps easily, and the constant, constant random encounters are picking at my patience. I have been running around this place for like an hour. I just want to find the cliff.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Which area are you in now? Here's how the area's connect:
    ud3ofr5h9mez.png

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Realm_of_the_Dragon_King You can use this for the maps. Just open it on your phone and bounce between them.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So, I have an idea for a unit to draw up if there is another unit design contest this year. Basic theme is a dwarf unit, wielding an axe, riding on a bomb. The idea basically stemmed from two thoughts - "We need a good dwarf unit" and "bombs are cool."

Edit: Working on some sketches and it's giving off some Dr. Strangelove vibes currently and I think I'm gonna lean into that.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Threw last tickets at Xenogears. Got 1 rainbow, NE Hope #5, ugh. MK ticket is Circe #9.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Hoping we'll get an updates video in the morning, feels like it's been a while since we've had one. Anniversary is soon, so I guess they were waiting for that.

MK 5* ticket gave me Rivera #6. Not super great.

Zomro on
  • Options
    The 10+1 gave me a rainbow.

It was Orlandeau number 2. Yes, I still hadn't got a second Orlandeau. Which I always found kind of hilarious.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    No updates video it seems. That's a shame.

I'm also still getting that error in the arena that bumps me all the way back to the title screen. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought they said they'd address it a long time ago. At the very least I thought they said they'd have it kick you back to the home screen as opposed to having to log in again. It happens almost everyday for me. It's annoying when I'm trying to do my daily arena fights. FFBE takes longer to login than it used to, though that could also be a bit of confirmation bias on my part.

• Options
    No it definitely seems to take longer now a days.

Reddit rumor mill mentioned earlier the update video should be next week; I think it was announced by the Taiwan team or something. Last year they did a small update video in the beginning of June and then the big one is the week before anniversary. Don't really blame them for skipping the small one with social covid.

This week should be main story update at the very least. Hoping for a story event as well; if so, probably for Daisy and we can kick off the season 3 protagonist units.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Finally summoned all of the FF VII special tickets and every single one was a blue. So great!

MK 30k and 60k tickets were Yuraisha #5 and Ellesperis #4.

edit: I thought this week was supposed to be DV #3. Maybe I'm off by a week.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    My 30K rainbow was Sweet Luka. That's a very dang nice TMR to get for free with old raid moogles!

• Options
    30k Rainbow was Morgana #8... which just made me extra sad when I realized her STMR is lower MAG than Quitis' and half the MAG TDW.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    30k Rainbow was Morgana #8... which just made me extra sad when I realized her STMR is lower MAG than Quitis' and half the MAG TDW.

Still nice to have multiples for things like DV. At least a TDW mage can use two Morgana STMRs for the 50% TDW.

• Options
    Extra leery about going for the double-STMR now though, because Neo Visions. What if we get a Morgana Neo Vision at some point?
    I'm going to run out of unit space really fast :(

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Extra leery about going for the double-STMR now though, because Neo Visions. What if we get a Morgana Neo Vision at some point?
    I'm going to run out of unit space really fast :(

I'm pretty sure that turning in a unit that has unlocked their STMR gives you a bunch of the upgrade materials to EX+ your NV unit. Also, NVs need to be at least EX+1 to Brave Shift, which is where a lot of the power of some of them comes from. I don't know if having two of the same NV is worth it over having one much stronger NV.

• Options
    Wait, how does the whole upgrading to NV thing work? I thought having second units with full STMRs was good? I mean, I literally only have Malphasie at double STMR level (I have never pulled on a Malph banner and have 9 of her) so it's not, like, huge, but still, what do I need to keep in mind when fusing for the future?

• Options
    As far I'm aware, the way it works is you get X shards (I forgot now, I think it's 25?) for converting a 5/6* base and X*2 for converting a 7*; but no bonus shards for converting a 7* with 100% STMR.
    To actually promote a unit to NV, you need them to have their STMR at 100%. But converting them to shards, the STMR level does not provide any additional shards.
    So upgrading copies 5 & 6 into a dupe 7* is fine; but if you feed in copies 7/8 to get a second copy of the STMR, that is two units that are gone for the purpose of NV shards.

And I'm having a pain in the ass time trying to find the reddit thread where someone finally laid out how many shards it takes for each Neo Vision level. I know like 90% of a unit is unlocked with just the first stage, so you don't need too many dupes, so it may not be a big deal anyway.

• Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gbox5a/neovision_tutorial/

There's the NeoVision tutorial. Looks like you are right about STMR'd units not giving more resources, so if you don't want a second copy of the STMR it may be better not to grab it. I feel like that's an oversight that Global should fix. I don't feel like it should be a choice between another STMR or easier time upgrading your NV unit.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got the 30k MK ticket today and snagged Beatrix's STMR from it.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    DV #3, FF8 part 2, another story part, and 1 single latent (Sieghard).

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Ok. This week is the FFVIII raid, plus DV #3, and the next story chapter. Should be plenty to do.

• Options
    I'm happy about Sieg's Latents. I can already max out his DEF and HP, and now it'll be easier to do while also getting more SPR. I just wish we got more than 1/2 latents per month.

I finally got a good roll on Quistis' STMR, +25% MAG +10% HP. In trying to get that roll I got the rare four times. Why is the whip rare so bad? Are whips just so good of a weapon type that they felt the need to take them down a peg?

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm happy about Sieg's Latents. I can already max out his DEF and HP, and now it'll be easier to do while also getting more SPR. I just wish we got more than 1/2 latents per month.

I finally got a good roll on Quistis' STMR, +25% MAG +10% HP. In trying to get that roll I got the rare four times. Why is the whip rare so bad? Are whips just so good of a weapon type that they felt the need to take them down a peg?

I’ve gotten the freaking whip rare twice and no better than 15% total mag. Bleh

• Options
    Best I've done with the whip is 22% MAG and 5% HP