Options

Ignore list function seems to have disappeared

All of the people on my Ignore List are now having their posts show up unfiltered, and the Ignore list function seems to have disappeared from my account options entirely.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Wasn't me.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just noticed this as well. Happening both on the Desktop PC (Chrome) and mobile (Safari).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this has been coming for a LONG time, like literally years.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this has been coming for a LONG time, like literally years.

Meaning it's an intentional removal of the feature?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Wasn't me.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Is that to say this is something to be taken up with Vanilla?

Or is this intended/acceptable, even if it wasn't, as note, Tube that enacted the change? Either a welcomed adjustment to the forum platform, or in a 'meh, we don't care enough about it to worry about it' sense?

It was always a bit of hit and miss in terms of functionality; in my experience the users I was most inclined to put on the list were also prolific posters, which meant that if 2 or more of them were going at it, a page could abruptly become extremely short. And due to other people quoting them for responses, you sort of stumbled across their screeds regardless (or at least part of them).

I also seem to recall you, Tube, not personally thinking very much of the function in the first place, hence the uncertainty if this is a bug, an intentional change (apparently not one at your request, granted), or an accidental one that will remain.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I've filed a ticket to find out what's going on, I'll let you know when I have more information.

• Options
    It’s been reenabled. Let me know if anything weird happens.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Tested, all my people are back behind spoilers where they should be.

And since it's been long enough since some of them got put there that I can't remember what they did, I let a couple out of purgatory. (Also just to test that I was successfully able to add/remove names as well.)

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sorry to bump this but how does the ignore function actually work? Do I have to use the desktop site, and if not where do I find it on mobile?

• Options
    I believe you have to use the desktop site. Go to the user's profile page and click the drop down in the top right, you should see the option to ignore them there.