As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do you remember?

1234568»

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    yes
    I had memory loss from a concussion once but after a few hours I was able to remember again

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    no
    Finding myself in a ski lodge completely unable to remember how I got there or what was going on is one of the worse experiences I've had.

About 30 minutes later I got most of my short term memory back.

Apparently somewhere in there was I just repeatedly reciting my name and address at the EMTs, which...helpful, I guess?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    no
    Yeah, the couple of times I've been concussed, I definitely had holes in my memory. I mean, I'm still missing a little bit, but by and large, it came back after I'd been taken care of and I was trying to recreate what had happened.

The last one that actually got diagnosed, I was playing hockey, I was the goalie. It was late in the game and we were losing. An opponent was coming down the ice from my right side and trying to cut to the middle. My defenseman was right with him and trying to force him wide. Which put me right on the railroad tracks. I remember thinking it was gonna hurt, and crouching deep so as to make better springs with my legs.

And then I woke up several feet to the left of where I had been with the ref asking if I was ok. I took my mask off, said no, and barfed. My then-wife happened to be at the game, and took me to the hospital.
    I was able to put that memory together, more or less, the next day. I just wonder now how accurate it is.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yes
    memory is 80% strung together assumptions your subconscious insists are real vivid facts even at the best of times

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Lots of cyclists in here complaining about drivers and drivers complaining about cyclists when really you're all just angry about bastards.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    yes
    memory is 80% strung together assumptions your subconscious insists are real vivid facts even at the best of times

So you're telling me I actually remember the 16.8th night of September

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    no
    Reynolds wrote: »
    It's always fun hearing people who don't have to own a car to live telling me I'm horrible. I was basically set up with a lifetime of car/insurance payments against my will in high school, and there's not really any way for me to escape it.

Recently a podcaster/streamer who has always lived in a major city and never needed to drive (and is, you know, a podcaster/streamer who doesn't need to leave the house to get paid) decided to purchase a car to get around during lockdown while still avoiding people, and it was hilarious to listen to him complaining for an hour or so about his first experience with the DMV, insurance, registration, parking, etc.

You;re only horrible if you needlessly endanger the lives of cyclists.

If you're a considerate, patient, safe driver then cyclists will love you.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I had memory loss from a concussion once but after a few hours I was able to remember again

Oh yeah? I don't remember that! I don't even remember your name!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    yes
    The bell was ringing, oh oh
    Our souls were singing
    Do you remember? never a cloudy day, yow

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    no
    yeah i don't go anywhere without a helmet and light. I see lots of people not have either and it looks like driving a car with no doors.