As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    Playing hades.

Dying a lot because i suck

Have yet to hear a repeat dialog from death it's been a new one each time.

Mind blown

It will easily be 50+ hours before you really start noticing looping dialogue.

It’s disappointing that Nintendo wasn’t able to manage this with Animal Crossing. I get that writing unique dialog takes time but it’s laughable how shallow the pool is. I’m a little tired of hearing about Isabelle’s TV habits.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Playing hades.

Mind blown

It’s disappointing that Nintendo wasn’t able to manage this with Animal Crossing. I get that writing unique dialog takes time but it’s laughable how shallow the pool is. I’m a little tired of hearing about Isabelle’s TV habits.

And that doesn't even have voicework!

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I know I put in a decent sixty hours or something into Animal Crossing, which is a generous, respectable measure for any game, and speaks to its success.

At the same time, nice as I’m sure the seasonal shifts probably are and pleased as I may be at the incremental updates showing Nintendo’s intentions to support the game with unique featurss not present in the base game, I find I have almost no compelling reason to ever return to it.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It looks like my Amazon Switch order got moved to the 1st through 7th of October as well.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I finally made it to a fourth area in Dead Cells, the Black Bridge. The flow of combat is starting to get comfortable.

Also I managed to get an awesome multi notch bow that just obliterates enemies in a single hit.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    At some point they updated the eshop and I really like that now it tells me how long a deal lasts but I really hate how much it seems to lag now.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Telling you the duration of a sale per game is fantastic.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Ok, I’m enjoying Hades a ton. Just the raw immediacy, drop in, kill, gather, die, again, but this time it will be different.

I’m finding I prefer the core sword to the other weapon unlocks so far, but then I kind of wrecked my playstyle by adding an upgrade that completely broke my chaining method for hits. So I’m trying to work around that.

They do a real good job of making the underworld feel big.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    As my switch dash grows and swells with each new impulse purchase i weep for the lack of folders

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    folders are way too complex to code and resource heavy to implement.
    /s

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am disappointed those mario pins are already unavailable. Alas, my game didn't register in time so I couldn't order them.

Also, Mario Sunshine is an asshole.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    LAVA BOAT!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uT3iT7BxA

SaGa collection trailer, hitting the eShop Dec 15, $19.99

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

My body is ready.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    And Sunshine credits achieved. I’d forgotten about that Fozzie Bear knock off voice acting the gave Bowser. Glad that never appeared again.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I started playing saga 1 on my gb sp and likely could finish all 3 before that release.

Also I forgot how quickly you can plow through the first in general. Especially since I was able to break the monster growth system open.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    It looks like my Amazon Switch order got moved to the 1st through 7th of October as well.

@jothki Cool beans. Mine is actually arriving tomorrow.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I am disappointed those mario pins are already unavailable. Alas, my game didn't register in time so I couldn't order them.

Also, Mario Sunshine is an asshole.

Too many people already pinned down the stock.

Sorry, that was a Mario pin pun.

Or not really, it was just a garbage, unfunny comment.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Quick question ... Is it JUST me or does the Mario 64 controls in the port in 3D All-Stars feel ... loose? My nostalgia glasses are probably broken because this feels extra sloppy for some reason. I remember playing this game back in the day and most of the time I died back then I felt like it was my fault. This time around it still feels like my fault but to a significantly lesser degree. I guess playing more precise games has made me aware of what really tight controls feel like so now I'm more aware of the glaring control ... issues?

I've also never played Sunshine. So now I have whole heaps of trepidation because from what I've heard that game has even looser (is that even a word) controls. I'll still play it but now I feel like it'll just be going through the motions and I'll just have to fake an orgasm enjoyment at the end. At least I'll end of Galaxy which is much better from what I hear.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It's because the joystick housing doesn't have the 8 way locking notches the N64 did.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Playing hades.

Mind blown

New dialogue should be included in new updates.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just finished 64, and I was also having small issues and feeling really skittish about doing tasks I'm sure I did fearlessly back in the day. I don't think it's the port. I think it's a combo punch of...

-The game's undeniable jank. It may be a historically important game, and it still holds up... but it's also 24 years old. Mario simply ain't as snappy as he is in later games.
    -The few times I played in handheld mode, I never fully trusted the joycon stick. I don't have any drift right now, but it's also a looser and smaller stick. The pro controller is much better. I don't know how critical those N64 notches really were, maybe they did help a lot, who knows.
    -Just... sheer age. I just know I've lost quite a few steps myself in those 24 years.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Playing hades.

Mind blown

New dialogue should be included in new updates.

Perhaps counterintuitively, I think that their desire to put in more contextual dialogue made the problem worse.

Thinking of it like this: in old games, every time you talked to someone, you would hear 1/50,000 fun unique bits of dialogue. Now, it feels like there's a 50/50 chance of hearing 1/100,000 fun unique bits of dialogue, or instead hearing "wow you hit a lot of rocks yesterday" or "someone said you buried bells all over the place yesterday" or "geeze you're talking to me a lot, it's like you're stalking me ha ha."

So even if there's more possible dialogue, you never hear it because the chance of getting the same contextual thing every day is way too high.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Indeed. And it's just weird/slightly creepy if you wind up with more than one character of a certain type and they just repeat what the other just said verbatim.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

So we have the Mana collection, and the SaGa collection. They've got to be getting their less popular games out before hitting us with the FF collection, right?

Right Square?

Let me give you money, Square!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

So we have the Mana collection, and the SaGa collection. They've got to be getting their less popular games out before hitting us with the FF collection, right?

Right Square?

I would pay good money for a FF1-6 collection.

• Options
    If you only had enough money to afford either an early FF collection or an early Simpsons collection, you would have to decide which old Gil is more important to you.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

Right Square?

Obviously they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    If you only had enough money to afford either an early FF collection or an early Simpsons collection, you would have to decide which old Gil is more important to you.

Where's the Groan react button? We need a Groan react button for this.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Right Square?

I would pay good money for a FF1-6 collection.

You know damn well that if they did this, it'd be the shit mobile ports.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Anyone have any experience using gamecube controllers to play games? I have a mayflash adapter and a couple controllers from my wiiu and i read the switch is compatible with them. I dont really plan on playing smash but it would be a hell of a lot cheaper using what i have when my switch gets here than going to get a pro controller.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    The only portable version of the older FF games I am missing is FF3. I had the DS version of that, but I lost the cart when I dropped my DS and it flew out right outside my car. Never found it which was extremely sad. I was at the final dungeon too. At least I beat the original NES version at some point.

I wonder how much money we would have to dump to get like, FF1-9 or something crazy.

• Options
    It's because the joystick housing doesn't have the 8 way locking notches the N64 did.

Is that what it is?

I just hit 70 stars a bit ago but holy crap is this game a pain sometimes.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm at 65 Stars myself and the emotional trauma of getting 7/8 red coins or like 90-95 regular coins and then messing up and dying is starting to wear me down.

Lava land 100 coins and Sand level 8 red coins were absolutely horrendous

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Right Square?

Why would they do this when they can sell us individual unchanged DS and mobile ports for $20-$40 each

• Options
    They need to release FF 1&2 on Switch.

And FF 13-1, -2, and -3.

And FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, and FFX Revernangtnfuttbtuf Wingers.

And

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    The only portable version of the older FF games I am missing is FF3. I had the DS version of that, but I lost the cart when I dropped my DS and it flew out right outside my car. Never found it which was extremely sad. I was at the final dungeon too. At least I beat the original NES version at some point.

I wonder how much money we would have to dump to get like, FF1-9 or something crazy.

You were at the final dungeon in FF3? Man, you were only 10 hours away from beating it!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I just finished 64, and I was also having small issues and feeling really skittish about doing tasks I'm sure I did fearlessly back in the day. I don't think it's the port. I think it's a combo punch of...

-The game's undeniable jank. It may be a historically important game, and it still holds up... but it's also 24 years old. Mario simply ain't as snappy as he is in later games.
    -The few times I played in handheld mode, I never fully trusted the joycon stick. I don't have any drift right now, but it's also a looser and smaller stick. The pro controller is much better. I don't know how critical those N64 notches really were, maybe they did help a lot, who knows.
    -Just... sheer age. I just know I've lost quite a few steps myself in those 24 years.

I now kind of want a Mario game where he's gotten older, and has to come to grips with the fact that he can't jump as high as he used to, or shimmy down as narrow a pipe, etc.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I now kind of want a Mario game where he's gotten older, and has to come to grips with the fact that he can't jump as high as he used to, or shimmy down as narrow a pipe, etc.

Pipes... pipes never change.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    In honor of the 35th anniversary, here is an excerpt from 9 year old me's diary that I have titled "How to Defet Boser":

Quoted since it's hard to read:
    "kind of feind but alisa won't let them play with her I have Nintendo 64 and Mario 64 I got 35 stars to defet boser you go like this: (a little diagram of controller inputs and motions required is drawn here, a pretty advanced one tbh) my dogs name is maggie she is a black and whight english springer spanyel good by"

Happy anniversary, Mario. I wish you many more years of defeting boser.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.