As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Animus (Definition One)

2»

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Every single ingredient combination mentioned in this thread sounds tasty and I would be fine with a cookie brownie that included each of these ingredients all at once. Cookies and nuts and fruits are all just great.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    cckerberos wrote: »
    I liked the modern bits, but it's been obvious for years that Ubisoft doesn't have any real plans for actually having that story go anywhere.

This. I like the modern day stuff, I liked Desmond a lot, I like the Assassin's Creed games as conspiracy thrillers with weird Fortean elements.

But Ubisoft backed out of ending the series in a natural-feeling way so hard in 3 (and did Desmond really dirty in the process) that they kind of broke the series and for a decade it's just sort of flopped around like a beached fish.

Desmond’s ending was such fucking bullshit.

I get not wanting to give up their cash cow but there were a million better ways to go about it than that.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Every single ingredient combination mentioned in this thread sounds tasty and I would be fine with a cookie brownie that included each of these ingredients all at once. Cookies and nuts and fruits are all just great.

If you're okay with brownies with raisins, you're a monster.

Hmm... maybe that's why they call those abominations "monster cookies"...

dennis on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

If you're okay with brownies with raisins, you're a monster.

Hmm... maybe that's why they call those abominations "monster cookies"...

Not even lying, I'd try it. I think it could work.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Like, oatmeal raisin cookies are one of my top favorite cookies (more than chocolate chip, even). But are there really people who mix raisins with chocolate chips? Because that's horrible.

Interesting, because while putting chocolate chips and raisins in the same cookie seems terrible to me, chocolate covered raisins are yummy.

Also the cookie substrate raisins and chocolate chips go in is usefully different. Chocolate chips tend to go in basically a sugar cookie while raisins go in oatmeal. It just feels weird to think of it being done the other way around.

Is because of something inherent to the flavors? Or just because that's how I've experienced them for 30 years?

I think putting chocolate into an oatmeal raisin cookie would work but not raisins into a chocolate chip cookie. The latter is defined by the brown sugar's caramel notes which is a different kind of sweetness than a raisin's somewhat tangy one.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    So, the message I'm getting here is a lot of people hate bicoastal cookies?
    bicoastal_cookie-1-13.jpg