Options

Personal Hygiene and [chat]

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm as unmedicated as a person should be.

Actually, I should go take some Advil for my toothache.

Still want to borrow those books?

Yah, plz.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    My understanding is that they pay a relocation bonus, which I can't imagine is anywhere near the actual cost of relocating. And it's certainly not going to cover rent until I start actually getting paid, which I can expect to be twice what I'm paying now anywhere outside of Ohio where I don't need to carry a knife.

Well, it depends on the company, I guess. I can certainly imagine that some companies are more generous than others. When my boyfriend moved from LA to Seattle to work for Microsoft, they not only paid for everything, they actually sent movers to pack up all his stuff and drive it to Seattle for him, and put it in storage until he found his own place. Couldn't you get your parents to help you out with first couple months' rent? That and, if you go to Seattle, I'm sure you could whore yourself out to Than or something for temporary lodging. I mean, Oboro has somehow managed to get to Seattle with like 5 bucks in her pocket, so I'm sure you could do it too.

Yeah but is anybody as big as that even going to be remotely interested in hiring me? Somehow I doubt it, and if somebody big is interested in me it'll be doing something like designing advertisements to try to make abortions look like something out of Hostel and I'd rather just make less money instead of do something like that.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    You don't have a car, VC? The dude who wastes no time asserting he's a good driver? I thought they were your thing :(

They're an expensive thing.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    How long have the little arrows at the right of the forum headers that let you collapse them been around?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Youtube is banned here. What is "Anonymous" and what is "CoS"?

Drez on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    4chan and scientology.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Youtube is banned here. What is "Anonymous" and what is "CoS"?

CoS is Church of Scientology. Anonymous appears to be some group that has sworn to destroy the church for the good of all mankind. It would sound awesome if it weren't so clearly that particular Internet brand of retarded.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I hope y'all are watching Kennedy.
    EliteLamer has been around longer than you, don't tell him to read the rules thread.

Of course, he is retarded as hell.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Shit, the video even uses the same music from the "Truth About Scientology" YTMNDs. This is gay-tarded.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    How long have the little arrows at the right of the forum headers that let you collapse them been around?

It's a standard VB feature, so since we switched software.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2008
    EliteLamer has been around longer than you, don't tell him to read the rules thread.

Haha, I hadn't noticed. Just as assumed it was a new guy.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is gay-tarded.

what

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm as unmedicated as a person should be.

Actually, I should go take some Advil for my toothache.

Still want to borrow those books?

Yah, plz.

Lend me No More Heroes :)

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    This is gay-tarded.

what

OK sorry, that is disparaging to the gay community. Uh, these guys are fucktards. There, I think fucktard works.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Haha, I hadn't noticed. Just as assumed it was a new guy.
    I actually first ran across him at a Dreamcast forum, in like 1999.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm still not sure why I bother showing up on time to work. It's not like it makes any real fucking difference at all, but for some reason, there I am, either 5 minutes early or just on time every day.

I think it's some kind of sickness.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah but is anybody as big as that even going to be remotely interested in hiring me? Somehow I doubt it, and if somebody big is interested in me it'll be doing something like designing advertisements to try to make abortions look like something out of Hostel and I'd rather just make less money instead of do something like that.

:roll: I'm sure there are jobs out there that don't involve things like that. I dunno, after I graduated from college, I wanted to move to Seattle to be with my boyfriend, so I applied to some jobs there and then got one. I had no money, since I didn't have a job during college. I guess it helped that everything I owned fit in my car, so my moving costs were just gas (I don't think I even stayed at a hotel on that drive, because my boyfriend was helping me drive, and we just powered through the 1200 miles and did it in one 15-hour trip). And my boyfriend let me stay at his place when I got up there. Anyway, I don't know about your exact situation, but I really think if you wanted to get out of Ohio, you could at least look into out-of-state jobs. Go to monster.com or something. I wanted to do research in an academic setting, so I started looking for research assistant jobs at University of Washington.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    OK, I understand what Anonymous was going for with that "be very wary of the 10th of February" in the last video, but it just doesn't have the ring to it that "remember remember the 5th of November" has.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm surrounded by and fix computers all day long

I wish I had one that was halfway decent.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    celery77 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure why I bother showing up on time to work. It's not like it makes any real fucking difference at all, but for some reason, there I am, either 5 minutes early or just on time every day.

I was 87 minutes late to work today.

Last week I was a cumulative 224 minutes late to work, and I was only here three out of the five days.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    In unrelated news, I'm looking for a new job.

Drez on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    celery77 wrote: »

I was 87 minutes late to work today.

Last week I was a cumulative 224 minutes late to work, and I was only here three out of the five days.
    I think I'm going to let myself be like 10 minutes late today. It's kind of a big deal.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm surrounded by and fix computers all day long

I wish I had one that was halfway decent.
    Rip out various parts that you need claiming they're malfunctioning. Then use them to augment your own.

Quid on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If I am late to work I stay late to make up the difference.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    National Treasure is on. Definitely my top guilty pleasure.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, after I quit my frankly abusive job at north star, I came down to Georgia to chill for a while, pick up the car my brother in law was giving me, work on it, and basically enjoy all three of his next gen console for what was supposed to be a month. I had two checks left from there, and when Christmas and car insurance both totaled up to be a bit more than I was anticipating, I asked me sister to deposit my check, back up in maryland. I spent a good fifty of it settling up some Christmas favors I had incurred and all was supposedly well. Then my check bounced. After waiting around for the bouncing statement, getting it scanned, and finally getting a hold of the owner, I manage to get a new check, one I was assured wouldn't bounce. Surprise surprise, it bounced. Now my bank is fucking pissed at me, I'm down in bills that I've had to pay off with my credit card, and I haven't been able to get in contact with the owner for a ridiculously long time.

I started calling coworkers I knew were on my side to ask them to pressure him to call me, along with my chef. I called my chef a few minutes ago, and he said the owner told him he had already spoken with me.

And now that it's almost February, I realize this bullshit problem has been going on for a month, and it's frankly ridiculous in so many ways.

So now I'm starting the paper work on filing a formal complaint with the division of labor, and I'm hoping I can just get the goddamn asshole on the line so that I can make him realize I am paying hardball and get him to pay me, plus the bank fees plus the interest I've suffered because I didn't have what he owed me, because I'm not thrilled at the prospect of dealing with all the legal hassle. And hopefully, neither is he.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey chat, help me out with this. I recall in some film I recently watched a character said "que gives a fuck" in reference to the phrase "que bono". . .

What movie was that in?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Sorry dude

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fuck it, I'm sayin' it. Super Metroid is the second best game ever.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

And the best?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Sorry dude

how the hell were you that late? sickness?

edit:

I liked the classic game boy metriods over both the NES and SNES versions.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

And the best?

Super-Duper Metroid, of course.

Drez on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

And the best?
    Majora's Mask.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey chat, help me out with this. I recall in some film I recently watched a character said "que gives a fuck" in reference to the phrase "que bono". . .

What movie was that in?
    The Departed when Sullivan (Damon) is talking to Ellerby (Baldwin).

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

And the best?
    Majora's Mask.

Good choice. At the very least it's one of the most underappreciated games ever.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Sorry dude

how the hell were you that late? sickness?

Is "apathy" a sickness?

Drez on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey, if you all want a treat, someone just wandered into the primaries thread and asked what the difference between Clinton and Obama is.

This will be fun. waterlogged is even online right now!

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

And the best?
    Majora's Mask.

Good choice. At the very least it's one of the most underappreciated games ever.
    If by unappreciated, you mean universally hated, then sure.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Beyond good and Evil is the best game ever, for my vote.

Also drez, are you apathetic towards money?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

And the best?
    Majora's Mask.

If by unappreciated, you mean universally hated, then sure.

OK, I guess you could put it that way. But it really is a better game than most people give it credit for. It's so fucking deep. It's one of the most complex and extensive game worlds I've ever seen outside of straight-up sandbox games like GTA. And it has emotional impact, for me at least.

Grey Ghost on
This discussion has been closed.