Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Brolo wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf_uL3dlUZU

Don’t Cheat on me is a multiplayer game where players play as the Husband, the Wife or the Neighbour to reveal or cover the cheating happening in this marriage.
    It was late in the evening, he arrived home. “Oh honey, is that you?” “Aren’t you supposed to be back tomorrow?” It was his wife’s voice, from upstairs. Something is not right. He can feel it. What is going on in the house?

Features
    A cheating story with three players.
    A beautiful three-storey house for you to plot in.
    Three character types to play as, each with unique gameplay.
    Different evidence/clues to play with.
    Lots of props to interact with, to create your strategy upon.
    Lots of places to hide.
    Randomized game setup for extra replayability.
    Win the game alone or collaborate with each other, lots of possibilities.

Husband
    The Husband needs to find out any clues that prove the Wife’s cheating. You can try to find them, you can follow the Wife and grab them from her if she wants to hide or destroy them silently. The Husband also needs to catch the other man who is hiding inside the house.
    Wife
    The Wife needs to hide or destroy the evidence/clues that may reveal her cheating. You have to make use of the house props to attract the Husband’s attention. You have to collaborate with the Neighbour sometimes to create space for both of you.
    Neighbour
    The Neighbour has to hide with all his strength. Don’t let the Husband find you. Be quiet and silence your footsteps. Otherwise, the noise will betray you. Collaborate with the Wife, and find an opportunity to fight back, since the Husband also has some secrets that will reverse the situation.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1400070/Dont_Cheat_On_Me/

gotta say I haven't seen a multiplayer game of this type before

it's coming soon-ish, apparently

Huh, that seems potentially very interesting? Also potentially real bad, but videogames.

I can't think of anything quite like it myself - it reminds me of some asymmetric board game stuff, in part, but the theming and setup there definitely provide some added distinction that seems like it could be pretty cool.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Seems like they should have gone with Cuck Hunter

Cuck Dynasty, Cuck Cuynasty

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Don’t Cheat on me is a multiplayer game where players play as the Husband, the Wife or the Neighbour to reveal or cover the cheating happening in this marriage.
    It was late in the evening, he arrived home. “Oh honey, is that you?” “Aren’t you supposed to be back tomorrow?” It was his wife’s voice, from upstairs. Something is not right. He can feel it. What is going on in the house?

Features
    Lots of places to hide.

Husband
    The Husband needs to find out any clues that prove the Wife’s cheating. You can try to find them, you can follow the Wife and grab them from her if she wants to hide or destroy them silently. The Husband also needs to catch the other man who is hiding inside the house.
    Wife
    The Wife needs to hide or destroy the evidence/clues that may reveal her cheating. You have to make use of the house props to attract the Husband’s attention. You have to collaborate with the Neighbour sometimes to create space for both of you.
    Neighbour
    The Neighbour has to hide with all his strength. Don’t let the Husband find you. Be quiet and silence your footsteps. Otherwise, the noise will betray you. Collaborate with the Wife, and find an opportunity to fight back, since the Husband also has some secrets that will reverse the situation.

Huh, that seems potentially very interesting? Also potentially real bad, but videogames.

I can't think of anything quite like it myself - it reminds me of some asymmetric board game stuff, in part, but the theming and setup there definitely provide some added distinction that seems like it could be pretty cool.

The strict gendering of the roles makes it feel creepy.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't know how different the gendering is from like, playing as Zoey in Left 4 Dead or whatever

Like, that's who the characters are in this particular story that you're going to play - I don't think it's a direct condemnation of the idea of husbands/wives/neighbors

• Options
    I appreciate your open mind but I must say that game bears every sign of being total sewage-grade Steam runoff like not the bottom of the barrel but what drains out the bottom

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Seems like they should have gone with Cuck Hunter

Cuck Dynasty, Cuck Cuynasty

Cuck's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Features
    Lots of places to hide.

Husband
    Wife
    Neighbour

But need to play as the man so I can fantasize about going on a murder suicide rampage when I catch my wife cheating.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I appreciate your open mind but I must say that game bears every sign of being total sewage-grade Steam runoff like not the bottom of the barrel but what drains out the bottom

Oh undoubtedly

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Features
    Lots of places to hide.

Husband
    Wife
    Neighbour

As does the cowering of both when the Husband is near!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Features
    Lots of places to hide.

Husband
    Wife
    Neighbour

video games were a mistake

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh! Sure!

They'll let THAT sort of filth on Steam, but when I tried to get MY asymmetric multiplayer game into early access it gets REMOVED.

I see that Steam's just too prudish and doesn't want a cut of Mario is Pissing! a game where Mario has to try to pee in private, Wario has to try to watch him, Luigi has to try to help Mario by distracting Wario and Waluigi has to trick everyone into watching him pee.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Oh! Sure!

They'll let THAT sort of filth on Steam, but when I tried to get MY asymmetric multiplayer game into early access it gets REMOVED.

I see that Steam's just too prudish and doesn't want a cut of Mario is Pissing! a game where Mario has to try to pee in private, Wario has to try to watch him, Luigi has to try to help Mario by distracting Wario and Waluigi has to trick everyone into watching him pee.

where do i wishlist this

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Like...take that game's exact mechanics and just make it about spies. Spy, Informant, and Double Agent. Now you have an interesting game with competing objectives for each player, and no gross stuff.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Yeah that game just looks like outrage food for *channers

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh! Sure!

I keep telling you Chico, they crave that filthy content but it's a trademark distaster. You'll never get it on the steam store, but the whole office is playing that demo you sent.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Oh! Sure!

Put that on Kickstarter, stat

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sso-UvcrJcE

immortal's fenyx rising is ubisoft's 3rd open world game in the past thirty days

i'm not sure if it's from one of the studios that has abuse allegations since there are so many studios and so many allegations

comes out december 3rd

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    "throws in a bunch of pop culture references"

nooooooooooooooooooo thanks

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

yeah that and the apparently shitty movement and platforming kinda killed off my "well maybe I'll get it when it shows up on a free service" hopes

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's Ubisoft Quebec, which yeah, had plenty of problems

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

This has been Ubisoft for a very long time. As in I have been told there's a guy in Assassin Creed 2 who literally says "It's-a me, Mario!"

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's Ubisoft Quebec, which yeah, had plenty of problems

blurgh

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

This has been Ubisoft for a very long time. As in I have been told there's a guy in Assassin Creed 2 who literally says "It's-a me, Mario!"

I mean, i don't remember Ass 2 very well because it's been like ten years since I played it, but that moment is at least hilarious and not phoned in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcPc6OQ384

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

There is a cake was a lie dialogue line in Valhalla.

Aistan on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

There is a cake was a lie dialogue line in Valhalla.

Are we at the stage where shitty, played-out memes are cool again? Because man I got some early '00 bangers ready to fuckin go son.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    hey, have you heard of this guy called Chuck Norris...

• Options
    "Heavily inspired by Breath of the Wild"

No that shit is straight up ripping off Breath of the Wild. Slow time on dodge, Sheikah Slate physics abilities, stamina based climbing and gliding, shrines, etc. At least Genshin Impact did a couple twists on some of these rather than just slapping a skin on and declaring it their original work.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Somebody here gave the advice to play Halo 4 on Normal and not Heroic and yeah, that's definitely improved my experience with the game. The first two missions where you're fighting the Covenant still feel like a pale shadow of what Bungie had done but once the new enemies show up and the levels open up a little, the game picks up considerably. Going back to kbam from a controller has also helped.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

No that shit is straight up ripping off Breath of the Wild. Slow time on dodge, Sheikah Slate physics abilities, stamina based climbing and gliding, shrines, etc. At least Genshin Impact did a couple twists on some of these rather than just slapping a skin on and declaring it their original work.

There's no weapon degradation and you can customize your character so it's automatically better than breath of the wild. No gacha either so it's also better than genshin.

Shame about the ubisoft part, which plummets it back down again.

• Options
    I am given to understand that in the new Assassins Creed there is a bit where you beat up a bishop while a dude goes "smack my bishop" which seems like it would have been pretty haggard in Duke Nukem Forever

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am given to understand that in the new Assassins Creed there is a bit where you beat up a bishop while a dude goes "smack my bishop" which seems like it would have been pretty haggard in Duke Nukem Forever

this is so stupid it kinda wraps around

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    like, the audacity of including an obtuse reference to a song most zoomers have never heard is kinda incredible honestly

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

There's no weapon degradation and you can customize your character so it's automatically better than breath of the wild. No gacha either so it's also better than genshin.

Shame about the ubisoft part, which plummets it back down again.

I don't know about the no gacha part, this is Ubisoft we're talking about so I'm fully expecting this thing to be stuffed full of microtransactions

• Options

yeah but you gotta admit the

BJöRN BIGALöW: VIKING GIGöLö

joke was timely, fresh and original

as well as austin powers popping up and yelling OH BEHAVE

was clever and really added some nuance to the narrative

• Options

i like them because i'm at the age i don't understand a single one

• Options
    If you like that bit allow me to improve your life with a recommendation for Duke Nukem Forever

• Options
    don't you threaten me, mister

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    If you like that bit allow me to improve your life with a recommendation for Duke Nukem Forever

I gotta say getting the achievement for picking up my own poop from the toilet was amazing. I even put that in the achievement showcase on my Steam profile (third from the left!)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Honestly it's a shame the pitch of "spies vs mercs but it's a romcom/teen comedy/stoner comedy situation which could be solved if anyone talked out their problems" looks like cheap steamshite.

Because the idea of playing some dumb "Lets get wasted at the upper middle class kids house while he's parents are out of town, OH NO THE PARENTS ARE BACK RAPIDLY CLEAN UP" thing sounds hilarious.

• Options
    Honestly it's a shame the pitch of "spies vs mercs but it's a romcom/teen comedy/stoner comedy situation which could be solved if anyone talked out their problems" looks like cheap steamshite.

Because the idea of playing some dumb "Lets get wasted at the upper middle class kids house while he's parents are out of town, OH NO THE PARENTS ARE BACK RAPIDLY CLEAN UP" thing sounds hilarious.

yeah I feel like there's some kind of genuinely interesting scenarios that could be set up with having to play hide and seek inside of a house while maintaining some kind of social relationship at the same time

ZUx5Rnl.jpeg
    like it doesn't even have to be Heavy Shit, it could just be about trying to help this chucklefuck prepare a surprise party for his fiance, and distracting her while he sneaks balloons and a cake around the apartment

This discussion has been closed.