As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are there any ads yet?

I've put an exception into my ad filter for PA, because I thought it would be VERY cheap to block ads on a forum I'm using for more than 15 years.

But I see none.. Are there any yet, and my filter is bad, or are they just not activated yet?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They're not activated yet. The PM bug meant we couldn't make theme changes, now those theme changes are in a queue at Vanilla.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Is there some way we could at least remove the announcement at the top of the screen?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Is there some way we could at least remove the announcement at the top of the screen?

If you remove the announcement, then when the ads finally come, there will be a million "Ads? No one ever said anything about ads. I want my money back!" posts about it.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Answer: yes. They were on the Ever Given, apparently.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I’ve been getting ads for the last couple days and they’re starting to get very intrusive. Actively taking up my whole screen every time I load into the forums.

It’s a bummer. Really hope they’re changed into something less disrupting.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I’ve been getting ads for the last couple days and they’re starting to get very intrusive. Actively taking up my whole screen every time I load into the forums.

Have you shared that in the thread that's linked at the top of the forums asking for feedback on the new ads? https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Ads were only turned on today. If you were getting ads before this on the forums, you might have a different problem.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Ads were only turned on today. If you were getting ads before this on the forums, you might have a different problem.

I think it’s cause the “previous day” was more like “3 in the morning before I finally went to bed”.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Wait, ads?

Ads? No one ever said anything about ads. I want my money back!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Not forums but...
    ni6frqydcaxi.png

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    This might be a good time to strongly promote club PA as a way to support the site and remove ads, along with all the other niceties.

I was already a subscriber, but never linked it to my forum account - making the ads go away is a huge perk IMO that might convince folks to start paying for the membership.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Duly noted!

I'm closing this thread to redirect ad discussion up to the main ad reports thread.

This discussion has been closed.