As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please Do Not Shit In The [Employee Lounge]

AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
I got Cardboard Tube's permission to start this thread up again, so we can continue to bitch about our jobs. It'd be really nice if this time we didn't bitch at each other though.

So, one of the people at my bottleshop quit in the same week that the other casual took a holiday. I was meant to earn about $3K during February, keeping a store open 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. Unfortunately (because I need the money) the fulltimer who quit has already been replaced, so I'll get about half that. Just to make matters worse, the other casual is getting groomed for a permanent part time position, not me.

In lighter news, today I got a free bottle of wine, because the screwcap looked damaged. It wasn't, and the wine was great.

Borrowed from Shadowfire's post a few months ago:

There will be no debating of tips
We derailed the last thread with about 12 pages of tip ranting. No more, please. There is a new thread for that here.

We don't give a shit that you don't like gutted games, reservations, or Game Informer.
Many of us do, but some don't like it either. This is not the place.

Cockteasing makes baby Jesus cry... don't say "that's a long story" or the like, especially when in regards to a shitty customer. The whole story is required, damnit!

AnteCantelope on

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I work as a programmer at a small software company, and the secretary rules the company with an iron fist.

She decides if and when we get pretzels to snack on. This barrel of pretzels is usually gone within a couple days, and doesn't get replaced until a week or two later.

We're promised free sodas of our choice, but I haven't seen any for several weeks.

There are signs all over the kitchen telling us things to do, like making sure to rinse and crush our cans when we're done, and breaking down the boxes the sodas are in. One time, someone didn't break down a box, so the secretary fished it out of the trash, taped it to the fridge, and put a sign on it warning us that we could "lose our soda privileges" if it continued.

There is a jar of candy in the lobby, and the secretary has stopped refilling it because she feels we eat too much, and it's going to be bad for our teeth.

All of the things that she doesn't do (snacks, candy, sodas) she expects us to thank her for, and thank her endlessly. She's like a god damn 2 year old who wants credit for being able to shit in the god damn toilet.

Worse yet: She's the boss's wife.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Is it sad that I guessed that mid-story?

I work at a library as a networking administrator. Generally, I'm required to do tech support, say something doesn't work, I fix it.

We had a member of the board come in about 2 weeks ago and try to have me teach her how to use Photoshop. I don't know Photoshop. I can maybe edit pictures, but I can't provide the support she wanted me for. She gets in a big huff, and leaves.

At the next board meeting, she says that I'm incompetent and should be let go. The Director of my library points out that in my contract, I'm not required to provide support with software, only hardware and some OS support. Fucking bitch should die in a fire.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    When i was in high school i got a summer job at the local grocery store. One day I was stocking shelves in the produce section and a woman walked up and asked for help finding an item. Now I will quote her and spell what she said phonetically.

Woman " Scuse me, can you help me find something?"

Me "sure"

Woman " can you tell me where the Jap-al-e-no peppers are?"

Me " the what?"

Woman "Jap-al-e-no peppers i need them for a recipe"

Me "mam i'm really not sure what you're.... oh do you mean jalapanos? (pronouced hah-luh-peyn-yohs;) O_o

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I worked for a company where everyone was fucking related and the man of the house was also the president of the company. It sucked so much ass, because you essentially end up with 5 bosses instead of one, and the secretary happened to be boss' wife like the other guy's situation. This meant she was always needling you about where you were going, when you'd be back, etc. (I supported computers in banks all over the state) while trying to pretend she wasn't keenly interested in whether or not you were screwing the company over by slacking. Anyway, that was 10 years ago and I've moved on to better things where I only have one boss and he's the president of the company.

Anyway, if that's the worst job I can complain about then I've had it well, so I'm very thankful.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    How many of you guys are actually at work right this very instant? This guy is sitting at his desk right now. I've rocked the face off of my number this month and am just doing the clerical garbage today.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, I went from no jobs and no one hiring me to two jobs.

First is a filing job. My friend's Dad (I have known this friend for years, and his father has watched me grow up since fourth grade--I'm now a junior in college) is an accountant and he hired me to clean up his mess of a filing system for the next month or so. It's a good job, and I basically get paid a good amount to organize files. I can make my own hours and my own days. I put in about ten hours earlier this week, but I caught a bad cold, so I'm staying home until it clears up.

Second is between two different jobs. I had two interviews yesterday: one is from Barnes and Noble, and one is from Wawa (convenience store, very popular in the mid-Atlantic US).

Originally, I was going to take Barnes and Noble because they seemed like a very relaxed company who didn't push their employees for sales. That's something that's very important to me, if any of you remember my rants from the last few lounge threads. Companies they solely push sales without thinking about their employees and constantly undermining them get to me more than anything. The problem with B&N was that I would have to take a 60 cent paycut from my last job. That was fine, so long as I didn't have to deal with the stress associated with my last job. It's a bookstore, and I assume people are mellow enough.

I walked out of the B&N interview sure I was going to take that job and that I would be happy with it. I walk into Wawa and explain that I should know what's going on so long as I had any experience in food preparation, and that I would learn all the rules and regulations and so on if I were hired. It seemed like an okay job, until they told me the starting rate. A dollar more than B&N.

But wait. Within two months, I'll get another dollar raise.

Within six to twelve months, I'll get another dollar raise. And so on, and so forth.

This is of course assuming that the managers there believe I'm doing my absolute best, but Wawa has the potential to have me making $10/$11 an hour six months into working for them. Barnes and Noble's pay scale is a bit smaller than that, and the only way I could get more money from them is if I assumed a manager position, which is something I can't do while I'm in school.

So now, I have a choice between a mellow environment at B&N or a LOT more money at Wawa. They've both offered me about the same hours, and I hear Wawa offers their employees (even part-time) vacation time and sick hours, which is a nice bonus.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Idx86 wrote: »
    How many of you guys are actually at work right this very instant? This guy is sitting at his desk right now. I've rocked the face off of my number this month and am just doing the clerical garbage today.

Me, but then again, after eight years of busting ass for this company, I've earned the right to work from home.

I've also done the "work for a family owned business" deal, where the bosses' wife was the secretary. She wasn't all that bad but he was a piece of shit. Never in the office. Always bitching about not getting enough work done (despite working 9-10 hour days). I hated that job and will never work for another family owned business ever again.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

sup.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

I'm at work!

Well, one of my jobs. I can't post from my other jobs.

I'd just like to note that on this one gig I have the first official act with the cast and production staff is a party.

I love my jobs.

Khavall on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Me! Despite the fact that the corporate firewall runs things like a Nazi. Apparently though, they let PA slip through. Awesome.

BTW Idx86, I'm in Minneapolis, too. Well, Plymouth, actually.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I work as a helpdesk guy for my company. The best one I've had in a while happened on Monday. Wireless keyboard batteries die. Woman goes to replace them. Keyboard still wont' work. She calls me down to take a look at it. She took out two AA batteries aligned -+-+, then put in 2 new ones aligned -++-.

Now, I learned how to put batteries in when I was 3 years old. Not only that, but i'm pretty sure that if I took 2 batteries out, I would put the new ones in the same way the old one came out.

Now, you're all saying "shut up, she made a simple mistake, it's possible to put a battery in backwards once in a while" Fine, and I thought that too. But. The next day......she did the same thing with her mouse........

D:

EDIT: I am at work also.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I work as a helpdesk guy for my company. The best one I've had in a while happened on Monday. Wireless keyboard batteries die. Woman goes to replace them. Keyboard still wont' work. She calls me down to take a look at it. She took out two AA batteries aligned -+-+, then put in 2 new ones aligned -++-.

Now, I learned how to put batteries in when I was 3 years old. Not only that, but i'm pretty sure that if I took 2 batteries out, I would put the new ones in the same way the old one came out.

Now, you're all saying "shut up, she made a simple mistake, it's possible to put a battery in backwards once in a while" Fine, and I thought that too. But. The next day......she did the same thing with her mouse........

D:

Oddly enough, this is why I refuse to get wireless equipment at the library. Granted, these people are afraid of technology, but any more complexity completely drains these people of all independent thought.

Varega on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    People will steal the batteries too. Every single day.

shadowane on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I'm posting right now from my office.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    shadowane wrote: »

And the mouse-balls if your mice aren't optical. Thankfully, that's not too many these days.

Back in those days, the university actually bought solid state mice that you couldn't remove the ball from. They all ended up getting filled with crud and you could barely move them. Urgh.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I'm posting right now from my office.

up top.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I work as a programmer at a small software company, and the secretary rules the company with an iron fist.

She decides if and when we get pretzels to snack on. This barrel of pretzels is usually gone within a couple days, and doesn't get replaced until a week or two later.

We're promised free sodas of our choice, but I haven't seen any for several weeks.

There are signs all over the kitchen telling us things to do, like making sure to rinse and crush our cans when we're done, and breaking down the boxes the sodas are in. One time, someone didn't break down a box, so the secretary fished it out of the trash, taped it to the fridge, and put a sign on it warning us that we could "lose our soda privileges" if it continued.

There is a jar of candy in the lobby, and the secretary has stopped refilling it because she feels we eat too much, and it's going to be bad for our teeth.

All of the things that she doesn't do (snacks, candy, sodas) she expects us to thank her for, and thank her endlessly. She's like a god damn 2 year old who wants credit for being able to shit in the god damn toilet.

You should go in with the other guys and just buy all your own snacks and sodas and put them on display for her. I'm talking huge bowls and Costco-sized quantities.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    fuelishfuelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I fix bikes for a living. Yesterday I had a guy pick up his bike that had been in for a rear brake repair. He grabbed the brake and started pushing the bike thru the shop(The rear wheel not turning, sliding silently across the smooth tile), "Hey, you didn't fix this, it still won't stop the bike"

fuelish on
    Another day in the bike shop Pretty much what it sounds like. The secret lifestyle, laid open.
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Varega wrote: »
    We had a member of the board come in about 2 weeks ago and try to have me teach her how to use Photoshop. I don't know Photoshop. I can maybe edit pictures, but I can't provide the support she wanted me for. She gets in a big huff, and leaves.

Oh man, I had that happen to me all the time when I was in undergrad. I had the best student worker position on campus; I ran a distance learning classroom. The equipment is expensive enough that, if anything goes wrong, the only thing I was allowed to do was call some specific guys over at IT. Maybe, just maybe, they'll call me back and ask me to reboot the system, but usually, they'd come over and do everything for me.

In addition to the distance learning equipment, there were 18 computer workstations. But it wasn't a public lab; only people with classes in the room could use the computers. So, out of my 20 hours a week, about 14 of them involved me doing my homework, or just poking around online, in an empty computer lab.

Anyway, one semester, we had this crazy lady teaching some class that used an AutoCAD plugin she wrote for designing apparel. I can't count the number of times people would come in to use the computers to do their assignment, and then get pissed off at me for not only not knowing the first thing about AutoCAD, but then also not knowing anything about this plugin that the teacher wrote.

Thankfully, I had the coolest bosses ever. Someone apparently called over to complain, and the only reason I found out about it was that I overheard the teacher telling the students not to bother me, because dealing with them wasn't my job.

Man, I miss that job.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »

You should go in with the other guys and just buy all your own snacks and sodas and put them on display for her. I'm talking huge bowls and Costco-sized quantities.

Oh man that's a whole different story. She bought one of those cardboard boxes filled with diferent snacks, where you put some change in the honor system box and take a snack. She put a sign on it thas said "<company name> minibar! Only 25 cents!"

So two parts to this.

First: one of my coworkers talked to her about it, and she actually confessed that she thought people would buy a large amount of candy and sell it for fucking profit. How fucking immature can you be? Is this middle school where you buy a paintbucket of jawbreakers from costco and put a 5 cent markup on it? christ.

Second: We got lunch one day, and one of the guys bought a pizza for himself. He didn't want the entire thing, so, like the cheapass he is, he tried to tell it to the rest of us. He copied the "minibar" sign and made it instead say that the pizza was a dollar a slice. The secretary fucking flipped out about this, put up a sign saying it was "not an authorized section of the minibar" and then took the box of snacks away. She later confided in me that she thought people were making fun of her and that "there is only so much [she] could take before [she] would pack up [her] toys and go home." Your fucking toys? Get a god damn life.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just got my first 11 PM blackberry assignment from the firm. BOO. i don't know why people get all giddy over blackberries, because they are just electronic slave collars.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I work in a public school district doing desktop support. I'm never ceased to be amazed at the common sense level of the administrators and staff shaping the minds of our young. Today for instance an administrator puts in a ticket.

"Mr. X is trying to email his children's teachers and it's not working. He can email them from home, but when he tries from work it doesn't work. His Tech guy says it's a problem on our end."

Well then that settles it, i'll get right on fixing that with all the valuable information you provided!

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    kaliyama wrote: »
    I just got my first 11 PM blackberry assignment from the firm. BOO. i don't know why people get all giddy over blackberries, because they are just electronic slave collars.

Mine goes on the shelf when I get home from work, and stays there until I grab it the next morning to go to work.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    subedii wrote: »

And the mouse-balls if your mice aren't optical. Thankfully, that's not too many these days.

Back in those days, the university actually bought solid state mice that you couldn't remove the ball from. They all ended up getting filled with crud and you could barely move them. Urgh.

People used to steal the ethernet cables. I'm sure some of it was just some jerk with a laptop accidentally taking it but it got so bad we had to use cable ties to attach them to the desk. What did people do then? Cut them in half.

shadowane on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hmm. I get the feeling I'm getting shit on at work today.

I come in today with my coat on, and my supervisor is like: "Don't take off your coat. I need you to do something for me." Which is normally a bad sign that you're going to be doing something outside.

Sure enough, there about about 30 boxes that need to be taken out to the trash. Not only is is cold as fuck today, but it's windy as hell too. The dumpster is also on the clear end of the parking lot.

<shit, gotta go do something, I'll edit it in or continue on another post>

urahonky on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

People used to steal the ethernet cables. I'm sure some of it was just some jerk with a laptop accidentally taking it but it got so bad we had to use cable ties to attach them to the desk. What did people do then? Cut them in half.

I've seen people walk off with BNC crimps too. Just take it right off the end of the co-ax. People will steal anything not nailed down.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Hell, people tried to do that at the library till we placed them off the floor out of sight. It was a pain in the ass too, since my boss decided he wanted to make all the cables. So instead of hiring someone to cut and connect the cables, he did it himself over a period of like 3 months. Near the end, he asked for help, and I tried, I really did. But I don't have the dexterity or the eyesight necessary to make a good cable. I have color issues, and I can't tell if the copper in the cable is touching the connector.

Needless to say, he re-cut and did them all himself, again. I felt bad, but not bad enough to feel sorry for him. We have a bigish budget for what we do, so I thought we'd get an electrician in here and have him pound it out in like 2 weeks for a few grand instead of 3 months of work.

Varega on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I come in today with my coat on, and my supervisor is like: "Don't take off your coat. I need you to do something for me." Which is normally a bad sign that you're going to be doing something outside.

Sure enough, there about about 30 boxes that need to be taken out to the trash. Not only is is cold as fuck today, but it's windy as hell too. The dumpster is also on the clear end of the parking lot.

<shit, gotta go do something, I'll edit it in or continue on another post>

I had to take a bunch of boxes out to the dumpster on monday here...it was around -34 C here on monday...go go IT work D: I was just waiting for my ears to fall off so i could at least get workers comp

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

==============

Okay, sorry about that.

So they get me to do this work. The reason why it pisses me off, is that there are two other tech aides (same position I'm in) sitting on their asses surfing the web when I come in. But I'm sure they saved this job just for me.

So it takes me about an hour to finally do that. I get in and I'm pretty damn numb. I sit down sip on my coffee and they give me another job. It's outside too.

I have to take down the US Flag that is put up, for some reason. They never told me the reason, and gave me someone to help.. Our facilities person. Okay, that's cool... At least I have help this time.

Well they neglected to tell me that the Flag is about 40ft long (it was gigantic!). Oh, and we're not allowed to let the flag touch the ground. So it's windy, and we're pulling down a 40ft flag... And trying to avoid touching the ground. Needless to say that flag was fighting us the whole time. We pulled it down and sorta balled it up and took it inside so we can fold it on a table (which isn't illegal).

I sit back down and get yet another request to take this printer out of HR to move it to securities. The printer is one of those GIANT all-in-one HP printers, and I end up moving it to securities (after finding the cables conveniently covered by a giant display case). Now she wants me to train her on her "new" printer that she's going to be using for a day or two.

Ugh... Maybe it's just one of those days.

urahonky on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My friend just offered me a job at the University today. There's no way it can be worse than retail, so I'm thinking I might take him up on his offer.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    mdb311mdb311 Registered User new member
    edited January 2008

Exactly.

I have a blinking red light on my blackberry that notifies me of unread e-mails. These e-mails generally serve to inform me that my cyborg-lawyer supervising partner has dreamt up a new strategy at 2am and I must immediately comb Westlaw for any case law that may possibly ever be relevant...

My blackberry haunts my nightmares like a tiny charcoal cylon.

mdb311 on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I've seen people walk off with BNC crimps too. Just take it right off the end of the co-ax. People will steal anything not nailed down.

I havn't seen a single mouse-ball stolen... however the kids in my district will rip off individual keys off the dell laptops. Overall it's pretty good in my district. We don't have to nail/glue/anchor shit down thankfully. I've dont work in districts like that. One guy in the install team would stay in the parking lot to make sure our cars didn't get stolen.

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    mdb311 wrote: »

Exactly.

I have a blinking red light on my blackberry that notifies me of unread e-mails. These e-mails generally serve to inform me that my cyborg-lawyer supervising partner has dreamt up a new strategy at 2am and I must immediately comb Westlaw for any case law that may possibly ever be relevant...

My blackberry haunts my nightmares like a tiny charcoal cylon.
    the higher ups have been trying to force blackberries on us in the IT department for quite a while now..luckily my boss is vehemently against it saying it'll make too much work for us. I <3 him sometimes

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    One of the douche nozzles that I routinely complain about got fired. They kept giving him "one more chance", and I think they finally realized that he was a lazy waste. Not "unmotiviated". Lazy.

Then there's one of the girls that's quitting as soon as we get a replacement for her.

I got a really close friend of mine lined up to replace Douche Nozzle, and one of his friends to replace whiney woman. I didn't think my friend would get a chance at first since he's not very PC knowledgeable, but I convinced them to give him a serious look since most of the tech he'll be doing isn't PC related and will have to be taught to him anyway.

That, and any networking problems are pretty much my turf.

What's weird, though, is that I've had "complaints" about my South Park calender and the "literature" on my desk. WTF?

I have: Reading Lolita in Tehran, a non fiction book about a book readers club for women during the Iranian revolution. Finished it, just haven't taken it home, Invitation to a Beheading, surrealist Russian fiction, also done, and the Miles Davis autobiography.

Other than South Park, how is any of this attention worthy?

Sheep on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sleep wrote: »
    What's weird, though, is that I've had "complaints" about my South Park calender and the "literature" on my desk. WTF?

I have: Reading Lolita in Tehran, a non fiction book about a book readers club for women during the Iranian revolution. Finished it, just haven't taken it home, Invitation to a Beheading, surrealist Russian fiction, also done, and the Miles Davis autobiography.

Other than South Park, how is any of this attention worthy?

I can see how someone might jump to conclusions about 'lolita' and 'beheading'. Unreasonable, sure, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Also: 2 guys to fold a 40ft flag? I probably would have told them no.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, today was a day of harowing slices of other people's lives.

The woman who was claiming for the glass in her front door, which was shattered when a flying piece of garden furniture smashed into it at 60mph, moments before she opened it.

The woman who was claiming for the carpet in her hall. What happened to it? Her husband fell down the stairs, breaking his neck and covering it in blood.

The 78 year old woman who's door was kicked in late at night, followed by people rampaging through her house, vandalising the walls with spray paint, destroying every item of furniture, stealing anything of value, then urinating on the carpets on their way out.

It has not been a good day.

japan on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Any carpenters here? Completely off topic, but I'm having a carport built onto the side of the house and have some questions.

Mainly, why the fuck is it 9 AM and none of them out there?

Sheep on
  • Options
    roflgoblinroflgoblin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    japan wrote: »

The woman who was claiming for the glass in her front door, which was shattered when a flying piece of garden furniture smashed into it at 60mph, moments before she opened it.

The woman who was claiming for the carpet in her hall. What happened to it? Her husband fell down the stairs, breaking his neck and covering it in blood.

The 78 year old woman who's door was kicked in late at night, followed by people rampaging through her house, vandalising the walls with spray paint, destroying every item of furniture, stealing anything of value, then urinating on the carpets on their way out.

Ah, do tell.

Your day makes me feel better.

I'm at work right now, sitting in the office, just kind of.. sitting here.

I work for a credit union, which is definitly a lot more agreeable than working for Wells Fargo Bank (which I did 3 years hard-time in).

I have this narley wart on my right hand pinky knuckle. It's gross. It protrudes directly towards all seated customers' direction. I love it. Especially when someone comes in to file a false dispute against their account or bitch about some kind of fee brought on by their lack of responsibility. After all is said and done (and through my peripherals, I can see the fear in their face as they notice THE WART). I then proceed with the forced handshake. Muahahahahhahaha.

roflgoblin on
    "There's no such thing as real life, just AFK."
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    japan wrote: »

Cheer up! At least nobody urinated on YOUR carpet last night. I hope.

That's some crazy stuff. Why was garden equipment traveling 60? Was it from those tornados a few weeks back?

Smudge on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Smudge wrote: »
    That's some crazy stuff. Why was garden equipment traveling 60? Was it from those tornados a few weeks back?

It was just a plastic garden chair, but the weather (especially the wind) has been absolutely nuts for the last few weeks. In this particular case, the weather records were showing 95mph gusts this morning. It just picked up the chair and slammed it into the door hard enough to bend it out of shape and shatter every pane of glass in it.

There's usually one or two horrible stories in any given week, but I've never had three in one day before. The upside to it is that it makes telling people that "no, we will not replace your plasma TV that your 16 year-old son hit with a golf club," much easier.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.