As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The Longing looks like the kind of pretentious nonsense that always intrigues me, but which I'm not sure I want to play.

Especially if it really does take 400 actual days.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The Longing looks like the kind of pretentious nonsense that always intrigues, but which I'm not sure I want to play.

It doesn’t. There’s a significant amount of real time waiting (as in turn off the game and come back later, you don’t need to leave it running) but most of the things you can achieve in the game are related to improving the comfort of The Shade’s house which makes in game time pass significantly faster than real time.

It’s full on arty nonsense but I enjoyed the experience on PC.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    HOUSE OF THE DEAD REMAKE COMING TO SWITCH BAYBEEEEEEE
    https://youtu.be/nWYzf2pAJzo

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

I feel like this was announced around the time the Panzer Dragoon remake was.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    The Longing looks like the kind of pretentious nonsense that always intrigues, but which I'm not sure I want to play.

It doesn’t. There’s a significant amount of real time waiting (as in turn off the game and come back later, you don’t need to leave it running) but most of the things you can achieve in the game are related to improving the comfort of The Shade’s house which makes in game time pass significantly faster than real time.

In a weird way that I don't really know how to explain, that kills my interest in it

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Yeah, 400 days is over a year, but not THAT much more than a year. I could totally deal with the game's conclusion happening after a full 400 days.

Was Balan Wonderworld always called that? I swear to god that until today, I only remembered it as Balan Wonderland. Hell, I still think that sounds better.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    If you’re worried about time pressure it only makes time go faster when you are in a specific location. And there’s another location that makes in game time stop passing.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah, 400 days is over a year, but not THAT much more than a year. I could totally deal with the game's conclusion happening after a full 400 days.

Was Balan Wonderworld always called that? I swear to god that until today, I only remembered it as Balan Wonderland. Hell, I still think that sounds better.

That could be because there was an awesome movie that came out recently called Willy's Wonderland that has Nicholas Cage fighting demonic animatronics.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    skeldare wrote: »

They vaguely mentioned that was what they wanted to work on next, yeah.

Edit: they also said that they were gonna do 2 as well so get ready to suffer like G did.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

They vaguely mentioned that was what they wanted to work on next, yeah.

Edit: they also said that they were gonna do 2 as well so get ready to suffer like G did.

Yeah they announced both back in 2019

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/4/20899242/house-of-the-dead-1-2-remakes-forever-entertainment-sega

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I played There Is No Game on PC and it is an absolute delight. Such an inventive and clever game. Had me grinning from beginning to end. One of those games where you should avoid knowing as much as possible before hand and just dive in.

I played it on my phone and yeah, it's a really great experience. Got some pretty loud laughs out of me too.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

I streamer I followed had it play over his outro and it still took many many months to finish despite the booster stuff, yeah.

Lol, of course it doesn't have a speedrun.com entry.

• Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    All this talk of House of the Dead reminds me that I miss light guns.

That retro system Polymega has HDTV compatible light guns up for preorders at 109 us dollars.

Maybe I don't miss light guns that much.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    It was one of my favorite things about the 7th generation. Rail shooters and light gun games galore. I was hoping Nintendo would use the ir sensor for some ports but no dice.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I played a lot of lightgun games on the Wii using one of those 3rd party gun attachments for the Wilmote and it was fine, felt no different from playing the lightgun games of the CRT days (with the exception that I occasionally had to recalibrate). I feel like something could just as easily be done for the joycon.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    If the joycon motion controls can manage a cursor in Super Mario Galaxy then they can absolutely work for lightgun games.

There would always need to be a crosshair on screen though like lightgun games on the Wii.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Forget lightguns, what this remake needs is keyboards.

totd01.jpg

typing_of_the_dead_36588.jpg

FEFD7L4FMMD5LJS.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&fit=bounds&md=9b8667d4bd505d6b1f6982ad626ad21d

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I bought Disaster report 4 because it was on sale.

This should be interesting.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I remember going to a LAN party back in the day. Someone was playing Typing of the Dead. It blew my mind that such a game existed. Then my mind was blown again at how bad that guy was at typing. Then it blew that guy's mind when I sat down at the keyboard and 1cc'd the game having never played it before.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Apparently this House is from the same studio that brought you Panzer Dragoon remake so take that for what it's worth.

• Options
    I wasn't expecting SaGa Frontier to be a midnight unlock, but it looks like it is.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Still no Sports Story news. Might have to wait until E3 for that one and Silk Song. Also, isn’t House of the Dead a Sega property? How did an indie studio get that franchise?

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Still no Sports Story news. Might have to wait until E3 for that one and Silk Song. Also, isn’t House of the Dead a Sega property? How did an indie studio get that franchise?

Sega has been licensing their IPs to third parties to either make new games or remakes for a couple years now.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I want the House of the Dead remake to be good, but the first level is supposed to take place at dusk not night. Also replace the wrong energy orb things they have representing your life with the original correct life torches. Hoping that red blood is an option in the settings like with the original home releases. Bit of a shaky first impression, but I'm holding out hope. I'll be super happy if they include a copy of the original arcade version of the game as an unlockable. Seems like a longshot though since they didn't include the original Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable in their remake.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

SUFFER LIKE G DID?!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    people here are being really nice to Balan
    all the videos i saw about it make it look abysmal.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You're right. I should try it out and see if it's something I might want to buy-

• Options
    Looks like a new Super Monkey Ball may be coming to Switch called Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-monkey-ball-banana-mania-rating-surfaces/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    people here are being really nice to Balan
    all the videos i saw about it make it look abysmal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiYVSxdn954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=komx90BiLpM

Yea, between Johnny and Nintendolife, it sounds absolutely dreadful.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/super-monkey-ball-banana-mania

New Monkey Ball got leaked by the Australian ratings board, multi-platform, previous rumors have it as a new game using the levels from SMB 1&2

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I wonder what kind of future Yuji Naka has at Square-Enix now.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I can't believe he's done this (lol).

• Options
    edited April 2021

I can, Reggie is a killer.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Had a few moments of weakness for the sales going on now (feels like every game has been on sale over the past few weeks). I managed to get the complete Moonlighter for $8.69, Blasphemous for $9.99, Going Under for $9.99 and Lego City Undercover for $5.99. I think Dekudeals said all were at their all-time lows, so I caved. I played Lego on the Wii U but had held off rebuying it for load times/framerates/storage size, but for that price figured a rebuy was fine.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Had a few moments of weakness for the sales going on now (feels like every game has been on sale over the past few weeks). I managed to get the complete Moonlighter for $8.69, Blasphemous for $9.99, Going Under for $9.99 and Lego City Undercover for $5.99. I think Dekudeals said all were at their all-time lows, so I caved. I played Lego on the Wii U but had held off rebuying it for load times/framerates/storage size, but for that price figured a rebuy was fine.

It's not any better on Switch

One of the worst performing games I've ever played, and I've played Blast Corps

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

I have a certain nostalgia for playing LEGO City specifically on Wii U so I've continued to play it there with my kids (even after beating it, then my first Wii U taking a dump and getting sent in to Nintendo, and losing my entire save). There's just something a little special about games on Wii U, like having people radio you in the game and their voice comes out of the gamepad, it's so cool!
    But I feel like the Switch price has been inching down during each sale over that last year, and it might just be time to make it a little easier to play...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I think the loading times are slightly better but not much. Fortunately the game is good enough that it's worth playing anyway. I 100% it for a second time on the switch when I replaced my WiiU copy.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I've heard it run poorly still but figured for $6 I'd probably be more forgiving of those technical shortcomings. I still like its sense of humor and variety of stuff to do. Most of the time when I want to play a Lego game I bust out Dimensions, but this will give me something I can play on the couch without getting all my toys out.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Time to get moving!
    Rock and Roll!
    You're just trying to impress me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page