As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Human [Chat]llenge Trials

19495969798100»

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Brody wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Is $100 enough for a wedding gift to a first cousin? Or is that too low?

The internet is breaking my brain.

Spend however much you feel comfortable, correlated with how much you like the person. Fuck anything that lists an exact dollar value to hit/avoid.

Fair.

But I'm asking now because I'm deciding between $100 and $125 and I don't feel comfortable with either choice for various reasons.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    OK thanks guys.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021

100 is legit or a common American wedding unless you make big bucks. If you're rich give more. Or a gift and a lesser amount of cash. If it is a traditional Chinese wedding then I'd probably double it in cash. I don't remember what is traditional for Indian weddings but I think it is more cash too. This concludes my knowledge of wedding gifts based on culture.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

Spend however much you feel comfortable, correlated with how much you like the person. Fuck anything that lists an exact dollar value to hit/avoid.

Fair.

But I'm asking now because I'm deciding between $100 and $125 and I don't feel comfortable with either choice for various reasons.

I'd go with $100 because its a nice round number.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I normally gave around £40 to cousins for weddings. But I have like 30-40 cousins so

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    devoting yourself to religious study and prayer is 100% oppositional to Jesus’ teachings

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The fuck is this She Hulk design
    image0.png
    Is it weird that it's the blond hair I'm raising my brow most for?

same

The rest is fine

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    devoting yourself to religious study and prayer is 100% oppositional to Jesus’ teachings

Thought it was more about showing off all the study/prayer you do. Doing it in private is okay.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The fuck is this She Hulk design
    image0.png

i'll go think it over in my bunk and get back to you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Curious what JC would think of the Arian Trinity or Monosophytism and whether any of that mattered.

Why the heck did that keep coming up anyway? And why in Africa?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Fair.

I mean, I have fairly limited means. Unless I really like you, I'm not spending more than ~$30 dollars on a present for you. First cousin, brother, w/e. Even my best friend got a fairly limited cost gift, because that's what I could manage. Obviously if you feel comfortable with spending that much in general, then it maybe gets more complicated. But if either price doesn't feel like a stretch, and you aren't super happy with either but are stuck with one of the two, flip a coin.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    In winter 635 the Archbishops of Antioch and Alexandria met up to discuss the existential threat facing the empire.

They reached an accord and decided that monophysitism was dumb and bad. Problem solved.

Yarmouk? What's that?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    If you spend all your time praying instead of running away from the authorities, how are you ever going to catch a sexy sexy camel on foot?

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    If you spend all your time praying instead of running away from the authorities, how are you ever going to catch a sexy sexy camel on foot?

Strain out a gnat to do it for you.

• Options
    Get them that crystal gravy boat they always wanted!

• Options
    Give them your most treasured Precious Moments figurine.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    arowf5c6w4cc.png

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Or just some nice gravy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

Or just some nice gravy

Pour it directly into their cupped hands at the wedding.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.1

@RMS Oceanic will create the new thread
    @RMS Oceanic is backup

This discussion has been closed.