As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pathfinder: Kingmaker- Wrath of the Righteous out now!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Riboflavin wrote: »
    For you folks playing this already, I typically like to play a Chaotic Good Rogue. I'm not super fond of the Trickster because it seem more like a spellcaster+rogue.

Is my assessment accurate?
    Is there a Mythic Path that fits a single classsed thief?

https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Mythic+Path

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    The mythic paths look so powerful that even if you're only using half of their abilities, I'd say you still might be getting a lot out of them.

I'd just choose whichever seems the most interesting. For instance, I'm rolling a tanky character but still going Lich.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    Do you get anything if you just go Legend? I'm not familiar with the Mythic Paths in tabletop. Or is it like Feats where you choose a Mythic Power on Mythic level up?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    For you folks playing this already, I typically like to play a Chaotic Good Rogue. I'm not super fond of the Trickster because it seem more like a spellcaster+rogue.

CG is Azata, and one of their abilities appears to be a scaling ranged touch attack. That is potentially quite strong if it's able to do sneak attack damage.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Do you get anything if you just go Legend? I'm not familiar with the Mythic Paths in tabletop. Or is it like Feats where you choose a Mythic Power on Mythic level up?

The tabletop mythic stuff is largely being left behind and they're forging this stuff on their own.

And this is largely a good thing. I played through the WotR campaign on tabletop and I'm here to tell you our GM was losing his fucking mind trying to find ways to challenge us, and basically ended the campaign because it was just a power fantasy for us and he was getting no enjoyment out of it. It gets extremely bullshit from the first level of Mythic, where the spellcasters grab paths that let them cast shit straight from the book as a swift action. That's the tip of the iceberg.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options

I believe your level cap goes up.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Thawmus wrote: »

The tabletop mythic stuff is largely being left behind and they're forging this stuff on their own.

And this is largely a good thing. I played through the WotR campaign on tabletop and I'm here to tell you our GM was losing his fucking mind trying to find ways to challenge us, and basically ended the campaign because it was just a power fantasy for us and he was getting no enjoyment out of it. It gets extremely bullshit from the first level of Mythic, where the spellcasters grab paths that let them cast shit straight from the book as a swift action. That's the tip of the iceberg.
    I can imagine. Tricksters seem like they would be a lot of fun to fuck with GMs with.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I can imagine. Tricksters seem like they would be a lot of fun to fuck with GMs with.

Take a look at Inspired Spell from the Heirophant and Arcane Surge from the Archmage. That's something they get at their very first mythic level, should they so choose, and they are absolute game changers. Hey we'll just have our Cleric and our Wizard just dump their highest level spells all day long without remorse.

I see from the d20pfsrd that they changed them, kinda, via FAQ, but then also said they weren't officially changed yet, what a nightmare. But it looks like now it's a standard action instead of a swift action so that's at least something.

You can see from what the WotR devs are doing with mythic abilities that they mimic some of this stuff but it's considerably toned down. For instance, there's an ability to pick up 4 more spell uses per day. That's way better!

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Apparently they released he final subclasses a few days ago , anyone in the beta want to share if there was anything noteworthy?

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Apparently they released he final subclasses a few days ago , anyone in the beta want to share if there was anything noteworthy?

Mortismal Gaming has a few short videos that cover the new subclasses by main class if that'll help.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Hmm . Fey sorcerer -> arcane trickster that goes into (m) trickster . Seems like a fun character with lots of freedom to do whatever you want . Plus you could probably be friends with the lantern king and he is a pretty cool god.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Did they ever add the dhampir sorcerer archetype?

Seemed pretty awesome, was focused on blood and necromancy. You could go full dracula.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Yup . they added it with the rest of the archetypes . Cruoromancer or some such. I think its for wizard though.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Yup . they added it with the rest of the archetypes . Cruoromancer or some such. I think its for wizard though.
    My bad, you're right. Its wizard.

Its a toss up between Oread, Tiefling and Dhampir (for the archetype) for me as far as race goes.

I already was Half Orc in Kingmaker so looking for something different. Tieflings look awesome as usual but being an undead rockman also has a lot of appeal for me aswell.

https://youtu.be/OtaPUXp7sn0

• Options

Its a toss up between Oread, Tiefling and Dhampir (for the archetype) for me as far as race goes.

I already was Half Orc in Kingmaker so looking for something different. Tieflings look awesome as usual but being an undead rockman also has a lot of appeal for me aswell.

Have you beaten kingmaker yet? Forget where you were at.

• Options
    I still really like playing Aasimar Infernal-blooded Sorcerers in Pathfinder and in Kingmaker and it's gonna be really next to impossible not to do so in WotR, given the setting.

• Options

Yep. Finished it at a whopping..

*checks counter*

237 hours. Was a behemoth of an RPG.

• Options

*checks counter*

So the main question then is how did you fare in thateot and the ruined capital on your way to the lantern king? I’m always curious about people experiences in those dungeons. Most people get frustrated by the wild hunt.

• Options

*checks counter*

So the main question then is how did you fare in thateot and the ruined capital on your way to the lantern king? I’m always curious about people experiences in those dungeons. Most people get frustrated by the wild hunt.
    The wild hunt were a pain in the ass at first but thankfully freedom of movement took away most of the frustration/made them bearable.

The ruined capital could have been much worse with the curse but actually turned out to be pretty easy as long as you do each area in the right order, I think.

I was expecting the worst but I thought they were okay. I was expecting the House at the edge of time to be an annoying hell maze of portal puzzles but like that one first world dungeon before, it was actually pretty easy to understand well enough.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »

CG is Azata, and one of their abilities appears to be a scaling ranged touch attack. That is potentially quite strong if it's able to do sneak attack damage.

Woo Hoo! If it does Sneak Damage this is the route I will go. Is this in the Beta?

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular

Woo Hoo! If it does Sneak Damage this is the route I will go. Is this in the Beta?

Azata is definitely in the Beta.

• Options
    htm wrote: »

My bad, my question should have been "Can you sneak attack with the ranged touch in the Beta?"

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    htm wrote: »

My bad, my question should have been "Can you sneak attack with the ranged touch in the Beta?"

Well, you could with ranged touch in Kingmaker, (which along with the extremely generous flanking rules is what IMO saves Octavia and her one level in Rogue; take the feat that increases Sneak Attack die to qualify her for Arcane Trickster without having to invest in another Rogue level and go nuts with ray spells) so I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with the Azata ability so long as there is a die roll.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I know it was a really bad class in 3.5 but I really miss the Spellthief and am super sad they never tried anything like it in Pathfinder.

• Options
    Did they add more mythic paths recently?

Remembering hearing something about Swarm that walks being in the final beta but I could be wrong.

• Options
    Swarms is supposed to be added soon as well as demon and devil I think. Since I don’t think they are fully implemented.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    I got up to chapter 3 I think in the beta but think I will have to call it here. Ran into a bug it seems makes it really hard to impossible to progess, bug is story related so I will put it in spoilers.

Story/gameplay related bug:
    Got to the point where you can build stuff after retaking the city, but it won't actually let me build anything which will make progressing the crusade way harder

Also ran into one where if you respec you lose your mythic path points which made it literally impossible to progress in the story at one point.

Its been really fun to play and I am enjoying how to companions interact and banter during conversations in quests.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I got up to chapter 3 I think in the beta but think I will have to call it here. Ran into a bug it seems makes it really hard to impossible to progess, bug is story related so I will put it in spoilers.

Got to the point where you can build stuff after retaking the city, but it won't actually let me build anything which will make progressing the crusade way harder

Also ran into one where if you respec you lose your mythic path points which made it literally impossible to progress in the story at one point.

Its been really fun to play and I am enjoying how to companions interact and banter during conversations in quests.

Side-eyeing that spoiler a bit, as someone who hasn't played the beta.
    Are they trying to sneak the kingdom building stuff from Kingmaker back in? I'd hoped they'd ditched that...

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Side-eyeing that spoiler a bit, as someone who hasn't played the beta.
    Are they trying to sneak the kingdom building stuff from Kingmaker back in? I'd hoped they'd ditched that...

They aren't sneaking it in, AFAIK they've been upfront that it's in there while also trying not to spoil a section of the game.

light spoilers from the adventure path the game is based on:

In the adventure path, you claim a city for the crusade and kinda just make it your base of operations. It's kinda a beacon in the darkness, and though this is in spoilers, I don't want to say much more than that about it.

There is some mass combat in the adventure path and you will have an army to maintain. My hope is that while they add the kingdom builder stuff in there for maintaining your base, that it's not a fucking time trial to King Solomon your way through a bunch of fucking requests and shit and just do fun shit instead.

• Options
    So like I said I haven't played much since I hit that part and found out it was bugged, but some gameplay spoilers:
    it seemed to be alot like the first game's? Like as soon as I opened it up I got hit with like 15 different event cards I have to deal with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    So like I said I haven't played much since I hit that part and found out it was bugged, but some gameplay spoilers:
    it seemed to be alot like the first game's? Like as soon as I opened it up I got hit with like 15 different event cards I have to deal with.

ffffffffffffffffffffffuck.

That's super disappointing to hear.

• Options
    edited July 2021

ffffffffffffffffffffffuck.

That's super disappointing to hear.

To be fair like I said I haven't played much with that section since its broken so I can't actually say how similar it is. Just logged in to double check and further spoilers on the game mechanics:
    I can't see any staff spots like treasurer in the game, and everything seems to just be based off the stats of your crusade/kingdom. So it has like Leadership as a stat and the events look like they cost a certain amount of the stat to do.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That's fair, but goddammit it was so stressful in Kingmaker to have to ignore well over 50% of the shit hitting me because I didn't have enough advisors, and constantly dealing with scary language about how badly I was fucking up by not being omnipresent.

When you say
    there were like 15 events right away, like, there is no good context that erases how painful that is to hear. Dealing with 15 things and having time for 3 is my fucking day job I just wanna have fun playing a video game.

• Options
    That's fair, but goddammit it was so stressful in Kingmaker to have to ignore well over 50% of the shit hitting me because I didn't have enough advisors, and constantly dealing with scary language about how badly I was fucking up by not being omnipresent.

When you say
    there were like 15 events right away, like, there is no good context that erases how painful that is to hear. Dealing with 15 things and having time for 3 is my fucking day job I just wanna have fun playing a video game.

Ok so
    I've skipped a month of ingame time and I haven't seen any requests expire. Over half are council meeting requests and ones that give you a choice of equipment. It seems important stuff pops up as events that you just give choices on instead of a timed event so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

When you say

Ok so
    I've skipped a month of ingame time and I haven't seen any requests expire. Over half are council meeting requests and ones that give you a choice of equipment. It seems important stuff pops up as events that you just give choices on instead of a timed event so far.

I have quickly toggled from disappointment to joy. Thank you.

• Options
    Pre order up on steam releases the second of September.

• Options

When you say

Ok so

I have quickly toggled from disappointment to joy. Thank you.

No problem. I cant really interact with it much since its either bugged or not fully implemented yet, but if theres any other questions you, or anyone else, has i can try to answer them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Pre order up on steam releases the second of September.
    Bought with a vengeance.

Getting on the ground floor for this. Give me all those juicy bugs that didn't get to be beta tested.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited July 2021

When you say

With the caveat that I've mostly played earlier betas and not the most recent version, which broke my old saves even though it wasn't supposed to (never change, Owlcat!), here's some details about the "management" mode in WotR (gameplay spoilers):
    -I don't think it's possible to get to the part of the game where management mode is introduced without having all your advisors. At the very least, you'd have to purposefully skip content.

More detailed, non-story spoilers:
    Management mode advisors are, as in KM, mostly your companions. You meet all your companions in the Intro, Act 1, and Act 2. Management mode starts in Act 3.

-Management mode events are mostly about crafting gear from resources obtained during the game.

You acquire various artifacts during gameplay. For each one, you get management mode events that let you choose what sort of usable item it can be crafted into.

-There's an analog to Kingmaker's town-building mini-game in management mode, but it's mostly about upgrading the unit types in your army. Buildings are not an expense, and they don't influence management mode events.

Instead of towns, you build forts at various locations on the overworld map. You can build buildings in these forts that improve the unit types in your army.

htm on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hmm all my old save files run extremely slow , thought my gpu was dying or something. But it turns out new files run fine . That’s a really weird bug , apparently it happens from not clearing out every area you go in.

EspantaPajaro on
This discussion has been closed.