As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX AUS 2021 Challenge Coin -Looking for someone to take up the mantle!

fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin ManNewcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
Hi all, I meant to do this last year, (but as it turned out it wasn't necessary for obvious reasons) but I'm stepping back from the AUS Challenge Coin organising and looking for someone willing to take my place for this, and future years coins.

This requires creating a thread here, the order forms, the actual coin design (with community consultation), liaising with the manufacturer in the US and distribution of the coins during the show.

Obviously that's all a lot of responsibility so I'd prefer someone already in the community that will take this seriously. For my part I will help make the transition as smooth as possible and pass on all the knowledge I've collected from doing it these last few years. I can also help with distribution during the show, I just can't find the time for the initial coin creation these days.

For your work you'll get to have a major hand in creating something a lot of people look forward to at each show. Opening the coins at the start of every PAX and seeing them for the first time is awesome. Some of the best parts of PAX AUS for me is interacting with the community, and this is a great way to do it while putting a smile on some faces! :D

Interested? Let me know.

I'll give this a few days so everyone can see it (assuming anyone actually wants the job) before making a decision.

And thanks to anyone who ever ordered a coin. It was great getting to meet you.

• Options
    RavendRavend Registered User regular
    On behalf of everyone that has ever seen or gained one of the coins you have provided us - You have done a fantastic job and will be surely missed in your knowledge and skill in providing these.
    Von

• Options
    Dark KingDark King Registered User regular
    I'd like to add my thanks.

• Options
    PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    My guess is we can put off any decision until PAX Aus 2022.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sadly it's looking that way.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well that problem took care of itself I guess. :(

• Options
    JinOhChoiJinOhChoi Launceston, TAS, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Was there any movement with 2022?
    2022 might be out as it's a bit late in the year already.

JinOhChoi on
    Signature.png
  • Options
    Yeah sorry guys no one volunteered and I’ve been too busy to organise one myself.

• Options
    Dave247Dave247 Registered User new member
    I know the show has already past but I sent you a DM @fishfishmonkeyhat as I don't know of any other way to contact you.

PkGqqXZ.png
  • Options
    yeah sorry @Dave247 it got buried under *gestures at everything* but I will get back to you soon.

• Options
    All good, thanks for the response. I almost forgot to come back and check as I had a feeling it might not send me email notifications.
    Seeing as PAX is already over there's lots of time until the next one. 😅

PkGqqXZ.png
  • Options
    I got back (finally) to @Dave247 a few days ago with info and my blessing to take over the coin duties, assuming he still wants to.

• Options
    And now it was my time to apologise to @fishfishmonkeyhat for the delayed response. 😅 As I have been surprisingly busy lately where I don't think I am going to be able to do or commit to anything for this years upcoming 2023 show, but I don't expect to stay busy forever so it's something I plan to reconsider come October again following the show for next year.

If there is anyone else who has been thinking about/wanting to take up the mantle of doing this then don't let me stand in your way and do right ahead, but seeing as it has been as long as it has and there hasn't been anyone else who volunteered I'm not willing to just let it go just yet as I know it is something that people still want.

PkGqqXZ.png
  • Options
    JinOhChoiJinOhChoi Launceston, TAS, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'll be up for it for 2024, if this was something that people would like to do again.

Signature.png