As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Stompybots? Stompybots. STOMPYBOTS! MW5 on Steam NOW!

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    The biggest distraction in MW5 was the backwards paper doll for your mech. I added the mod that fixed that ASAP.

RE: BattleTech: it’s been a while since I played, but IIRC your weapon box should show what weapons can shoot and their % to hit, and you can move the arrow around before committing to the move to see what your to hit % would be at that location

Yeah I just saw that in the first official mercenary job. Guy was above me and I guess had a ton of EVASION from moving so much. I couldn't understand why one guy next to the mech had like 70's to hit and this guy (who was of more importance) was at 25-30%.

The little guys can build up quite the evasion. Fortunately one or two hits and they pop. Just don't let them get behind you!

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    So I picked it up (couldn't resist) and hooboy I didn't know it was a simulator. I might have to do the Campaign on this one to learn the ropes because I died on the first mission. Looks really similar to Battletech though (at least the ship management). Will jump into this once I finish Battletech campaign.

EDIT: Speaking of Battletech I still must be missing something with recommended range on weapons. I thought the white weapon cone was telling me my options but putting enemies in the most solid white still gives me incredibly low chances to hit. I toggle the weapons and the weapon cone seems to give me optimal range (for example Glitch's Short Laser has zero coverage beyond a few yards in front of her face). The tutorial didn't really go over this (maybe I missed it).

Unless you have just a single weapon selected, the firing cone is an average of all your weapons' ranges you intend to fire. The whitest area being where the most of them overlap. It doesn't necessarily represent where you will have the best chance to hit.

To hit numbers will vary based on range, target evasion, how you moved, height differential, target size, accuracy bonuses of the weapon, pilot skill, etc. You can see everything that is affecting your shot % in the panel in the lower right, above the weapon selections, when you have a target selected and you hover your mouse over each weapon in your list. All weapons get worse numbers the farther away you are. Low Gunnery pilots have worse to-hit chances. Target evasion, the white chevrons to the upper right of every enemy unit name (not to be confused by the colored to-hit chevrons that appear on both sides of the target you have selected), reduce your chance to hit for every chevron they have.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Hows the gameplay of MW5? I got back into Battletech and the idea of a FPS version of Battletech just without (from reviews) the engaging story sounds good.

Positively stompy. You feel big and huge and impactful.

You can step on tanks and fly into helicopters and blap blap things

It’s pretty rough in terms of mastery because there is a slight disconnect between how things work and how the game presents things as working but the play is overall very strong and stompy.

I recommend playing without mods or at the least without significant mods as most of them either make the game much easier or produce highly derivative gameplay loops.

I do recommend playing with the DLC

I think that the two things you really need to know are

1) pilot skills are king. Your starting pilots in career mode suuuuck. Things will get easier as you go along (campaign start is NBD though) but you will still have to search out better pilots.

2) the AI uses weapons in weapons group order so make sure your most efficient weapons are set first. In general there are a lot of things to learn about the AI but this is the biggest IMO.

And the final thing to know is that the game has double the armor/structure relative to battletech. In BT is often best to run “dissipation + 30 in terms of heat so you can dump things at once”. In MW5 fights last a lot longer and you are probably going to want to run the equivalent of like dissipation + 5 (which is like dissipation+ .5 to 1).

MW5 does not tell you the amount of heat your weapons use per second but it’s relatively stable across weapon types. A medium laser tier 1 uses .45 HPS and a tier 5 uses .42 HPS. So once you get an idea of the weapons heat usage you can more quickly fit mechs. But before that… well damn it’s gonna be hard

Edit: I have written a guide for the AI and a DPS calc but don’t have the links on my phone

Edit; my fitting guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/o4nwhr/a_semicomprehensive_guide_for_fitting_mechs/

And the dps calc

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/ocjmqf/mw5_hotis_weapon_spreadsheetdamage_calculator/

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So I picked it up (couldn't resist) and hooboy I didn't know it was a simulator. I might have to do the Campaign on this one to learn the ropes because I died on the first mission. Looks really similar to Battletech though (at least the ship management). Will jump into this once I finish Battletech campaign.

EDIT: Speaking of Battletech I still must be missing something with recommended range on weapons. I thought the white weapon cone was telling me my options but putting enemies in the most solid white still gives me incredibly low chances to hit. I toggle the weapons and the weapon cone seems to give me optimal range (for example Glitch's Short Laser has zero coverage beyond a few yards in front of her face). The tutorial didn't really go over this (maybe I missed it).

Unless you have just a single weapon selected, the firing cone is an average of all your weapons' ranges you intend to fire. The whitest area being where the most of them overlap. It doesn't necessarily represent where you will have the best chance to hit.

To hit numbers will vary based on range, target evasion, how you moved, height differential, target size, accuracy bonuses of the weapon, pilot skill, etc. You can see everything that is affecting your shot % in the panel in the lower right, above the weapon selections, when you have a target selected and you hover your mouse over each weapon in your list. All weapons get worse numbers the farther away you are. Low Gunnery pilots have worse to-hit chances. Target evasion, the white chevrons to the upper right of every enemy unit name (not to be confused by the colored to-hit chevrons that appear on both sides of the target you have selected), reduce your chance to hit for every chevron they have.

Jesus. That makes sense; no idea why I didn't make that connection (when you have only one weapon selected it just has a standard clear white area).
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Hows the gameplay of MW5? I got back into Battletech and the idea of a FPS version of Battletech just without (from reviews) the engaging story sounds good.

Positively stompy. You feel big and huge and impactful.

You can step on tanks and fly into helicopters and blap blap things

It’s pretty rough in terms of mastery because there is a slight disconnect between how things work and how the game presents things as working but the play is overall very strong and stompy.

I recommend playing without mods or at the least without significant mods as most of them either make the game much easier or produce highly derivative gameplay loops.

I do recommend playing with the DLC

I think that the two things you really need to know are

1) pilot skills are king. Your starting pilots in career mode suuuuck. Things will get easier as you go along (campaign start is NBD though) but you will still have to search out better pilots.

2) the AI uses weapons in weapons group order so make sure your most efficient weapons are set first. In general there are a lot of things to learn about the AI but this is the biggest IMO.

And the final thing to know is that the game has double the armor/structure relative to battletech. In BT is often best to run “dissipation + 30 in terms of heat so you can dump things at once”. In MW5 fights last a lot longer and you are probably going to want to run the equivalent of like dissipation + 5 (which is like dissipation+ .5 to 1).

MW5 does not tell you the amount of heat your weapons use per second but it’s relatively stable across weapon types. A medium laser tier 1 uses .45 HPS and a tier 5 uses .42 HPS. So once you get an idea of the weapons heat usage you can more quickly fit mechs. But before that… well damn it’s gonna be hard

Edit: I have written a guide for the AI and a DPS calc but don’t have the links on my phone

Edit; my fitting guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/o4nwhr/a_semicomprehensive_guide_for_fitting_mechs/

And the dps calc

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/ocjmqf/mw5_hotis_weapon_spreadsheetdamage_calculator/

Yeah I got the base game and the DLC since I really was only interested in the career mode, but will play the campaign after all. Speaking of DLC, is FLASHPOINT pretty much the only DLC you should get for BATTLETECH? I'm probably going to finish this one out because I'm already getting attached to my crewmates and want to see what else is going on in this world.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The Battletech DLC's each have something to recommend them and add a lot of 'story' content over the base game. In my opinion, best flashpoints are a toss-up between Flashpoint and Heavy Metal, best maps are in Urban Warfare, and best mechs and weapons are in Heavy Metal. But overall I think Heavy Metal just squeaks into top place on my list if I were only allowed one. To quote myself:
    Flashpoint: A number of flashpoint story missions (each flashpoint is 2-5 branching missions with a connecting story), a new contract type (Target Acquisition, hold ground in 3 zones to mark a target for an orbital strike), tropical biome maps, and Hatchetman, Crab, Cyclops mechs.

Urban Warfare: A number of flashpoint story missions, a new contract type (Attack and Defend, defend your own base against waves of enemies while still needing to destroy the enemy base), urban biome maps (city fighting), Electronic Countermeasures equipped mechs and vehicles, and Raven 1X (ECM equipped) and Javelin mechs.

Heavy Metal: A number of flashpoint story missions (more of an entire campaign this time), 8 new weapon types: TAG, NARC, snubnose PPC, Mortar, Inferno SRM2, Coilgun S/M/L, UAC 2/5/10/20, LBX 2/5/10/20, and Bullshark, Vulcan, Rifleman, Phoenix Hawk, Flea, Assassin, Archer, and Annihilator mechs that each have custom built-in components that make them really strong.

Personally, I think they all have something to recommend them. The flashpoint missions in each DLC are more (small) story missions than were in the main campaign, probably somewhere around 50-60 missions across all 3 DLCs. And you'll run across some legendary mechwarriors from the lore. If I had to rank the flashpoints, I'd say Heavy Metal first, Flashpoint a close second, and Urban warfare 3rd. The urban maps are great and definitely require a different style of fighting. And if you are a fan of certain famous mechwarriors or like overpowered gear, then Heavy Metal is good for that.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Since I would have to restart anyway with YAML, I decided to run my unit as part of a Kuritan Ghost Regiment (on other words, Yakuza mechwarriors), so only taking contracts from Kurita, Pirates, and Independents.

• Options
    The Battletech DLC's each have something to recommend them and add a lot of 'story' content over the base game. In my opinion, best flashpoints are a toss-up between Flashpoint and Heavy Metal, best maps are in Urban Warfare, and best mechs and weapons are in Heavy Metal. But overall I think Heavy Metal just squeaks into top place on my list if I were only allowed one.

. . .do you mean "over" as in "more than" or "over" as in "integrated throughout the campaign?" I was under the impression that the DLC essentially fleshed out post-game or career mode.

• Options
    Heavy Metal is “there are no more DLC so fuck it, let’s go ham” to game balance and I love it.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The Battletech DLC's each have something to recommend them and add a lot of 'story' content over the base game. In my opinion, best flashpoints are a toss-up between Flashpoint and Heavy Metal, best maps are in Urban Warfare, and best mechs and weapons are in Heavy Metal. But overall I think Heavy Metal just squeaks into top place on my list if I were only allowed one.

. . .do you mean "over" as in "more than" or "over" as in "integrated throughout the campaign?" I was under the impression that the DLC essentially fleshed out post-game or career mode.

More as in quantity.

Campaign has just 20 story missions.
    Flashpoint has 18 different story flashpoints (with 2-5 missions for each flashpoint, so around 50 story missions total).
    Urban Warfare has 10 different story flashpoints.
    Heavy Metal has 5 connected story flashpoints.

The flashpoints are not integrated into the campaign and are not related to the Arano campaign. You have to complete the campaign before they will unlock. You can continue to play as long as you wish after the campaign. However the campaign's global difficulty boost (nothing below 3 stars) for all planets' random contracts will remain in effect. If you were playing the non-campaign Career mode, flashpoints are available from the start. Career also doesn't have the global difficulty boost, so you will always be able to find contracts from 1/2 to 5 stars.

Edit: Also the highest difficulty flashpoints in Flashpoint only unlock if you choose to become allied with a House.

Double edit: and because many flashpoints have branching choices for the missions you can take, you will not see all possible missions on a single playthrough.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Heavy Metal is “there are no more DLC so fuck it, let’s go ham” to game balance and I love it.

Nice. I think I'll wait till they go on sale though as I imagine there will be one through this playthrough.
    Target evasion, the white chevrons to the upper right of every enemy unit name (not to be confused by the colored to-hit chevrons that appear on both sides of the target you have selected), reduce your chance to hit for every chevron they have.

. . .this has been a game changer. I literally blocked this UI element out of my mental processing somehow and the last two maps were a progression of "They're right fucking there! Shooooot!" to "Shouldn't have stayed in melee range you dope. Now die." With this bit of knowledge I'm not more comfortable going into the Mech Bay and rekitting the free mechs (thinking of a making that SHADOW-MECH a close-range monster with SRM's and Short Lasers).

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Each tic is worth +2 (or is it -2?) to hit which is equal to -10% raw to hit.

So if your man has a 75% chance to hit base shooting at 5 chevrons makes that go down to 25%.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Each tic is worth +2 (or is it -2?) to hit which is equal to -10% raw to hit.

So if your man has a 75% chance to hit base shooting at 5 chevrons makes that go down to 25%.

A positive shot modifier is a worse % chance.

And each +/- 1 to the shot modifier is +/- 5% up to 10, but then drops to 2.5% for each point over 10. So 6 chevrons only takes you down to 20%. You also can't go over 95% or under 5%.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The biggest distraction in MW5 was the backwards paper doll for your mech. I added the mod that fixed that ASAP.

RE: BattleTech: it’s been a while since I played, but IIRC your weapon box should show what weapons can shoot and their % to hit, and you can move the arrow around before committing to the move to see what your to hit % would be at that location

Yeah I just saw that in the first official mercenary job. Guy was above me and I guess had a ton of EVASION from moving so much. I couldn't understand why one guy next to the mech had like 70's to hit and this guy (who was of more importance) was at 25-30%.

Height also matters. It's harder to hit someone above you. So not just evasion.

https://gameplay.tips/guides/2419-battletech.html

Just found this. It is an interesting little blog on hit percentages. I did not know you could hover over the percentages to get a further popup.

Oh yeah and melee attacks ignore evasion pips, and will clear all evasion pips if it succeeds. So if a light is being a real pest near you feel free to bop it. If it doesn't die from that blow your next mech should be able to kill it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Just got off of the Moon on Alloway and - owing to my inability to ever see anything coming in narratives (I was stunned by FIGHT CLUB) - that was pretty surprising. I also got my ass kicked. This game really reminds me of XCOM except every unit is two soldiers you have to worry about going down and losing for a good chunk of time. One of my mechs got taken out (was using a Spider as a little run and back-gunner) when I tried out a DFA and I guess I didn't check to see if I was going to take stability damage or something. . .they missed the DFA and fell down and then got scuttled for the rest of the mission.

. . .also this is a REALLY good game. I'm tempted to try that RogueTech but hearing that performance is not good (when base performance is not that good already) has me apprehensive.

• Options
    Just got off of the Moon on Alloway and - owing to my inability to ever see anything coming in narratives (I was stunned by FIGHT CLUB) - that was pretty surprising. I also got my ass kicked. This game really reminds me of XCOM except every unit is two soldiers you have to worry about going down and losing for a good chunk of time. One of my mechs got taken out (was using a Spider as a little run and back-gunner) when I tried out a DFA and I guess I didn't check to see if I was going to take stability damage or something. . .they missed the DFA and fell down and then got scuttled for the rest of the mission.

. . .also this is a REALLY good game. I'm tempted to try that RogueTech but hearing that performance is not good (when base performance is not that good already) has me apprehensive.

RogueTech is more of a second-playthrough type mod anyway, assuming it does things you like.

I personally don't care for many of its design choices but it's well-regarded by the community.

• Options
    The August free mech is the SHD-2K

And given Shadow Hawks are up for the first quirk pass…

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Q3 pack is up: https://mwomercs.com/hunter

it’s a PHX with MASC and STK with a load of energy hard points

Nobody on
  • Options
    oh, and in case you were wondering how the quirks would look on the free mech, this is what the Cauldron posted up for the SHD:

(spoiled for large)
    31o1x7jgon6x.png

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Holy cow, PGI is really poking hard at the HG bear with the VF-1J paint job on the Phoenix Hawk. I love it!

Oh wow, those quirks (if approved) would make me take a long hard look at my Shadow Hawks again.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Holy cow, PGI is really poking hard at the HG bear with the VF-1J paint job on the Phoenix Hawk. I love it!

Oh wow, those quirks (if approved) would make me take a long hard look at my Shadow Hawks again.
    I'm sure you're imagining things...
    ou0z7tyygcb2.png

1me7857r4wl9.gif
    Or not.
    Poke poke poke.

• Options
    That HG/PGI settlement must have been something if they're able to get away with that.

• Options
    Ah, so the game likes to tease you with good mechs. Got a mission where they put me in a CLAPTRAP or something, and all I did was move around the map punching shit to death. Even did the optional stuff. Now I'm sitting here trying not to look up online when I will get access to such a thing.

. . .also slowly but surely logging information so that it is second nature and I know exactly what tactics to use based on the mech and terrain (each enemy really feels like it's own mini-puzzle to figure out).

It is also really cool to play zoomed in when the mechs are moving or to just look at them; never played the game in real life or painted them or whatever but I imagine that level of "Wow look at the detail. . ." is what made the franchise popular in the first place.

Now if only I could get a consistent 60 frames. . .

• Options
    Daeron did an interview with NGNG, not going to bother linking since I know NGNG has burned a few bridges, and luckily there was a summary posted on Reddit:
    • About a month away from HUGE announcements for both MW5 and MWO.
    • While bulk of PGI is still MW5 focused, more people are being added to team supporting MWO including that they have recently hired a third-Party dev to resume active development in 2022 once they get acclimated with MWO, Brazilian team called Kokku that apparently has Cryengine experience - https://kokku.com.br/
    • They are also doing localization of MWO - Russian first, more later.
    • Loyalty 'Mechs and new 'Mechs look to be back on the table.
    • Player numbers are still relatively high since introduction of Cauldron involvement and Warden pack sold quite well, better than some earlier packs like the Dervish.
    • Tweaks on maps continuing and mentioned a faction play map is going to be quick play reworked.
    • They know they are openly poking the Harmony Gold bear with the Hunter Pack :)
    • They are trying to restart the World Championship and looking at a Virtual Mech Con due to Covid

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I feel like we're in an M. Night Shyamalan movie WRT the state of MWO right now.

I just can't tell if the TWIST! is it getting actual, meaningful support, or if the TWIST! is that it's all going to fall through yet again.

Is it possible that the acquisition by PGI's new parent company was actually a forward-paying boon for their work? Gave them headroom to work with?

And more MW5 announcements?

My god, my heart can't take another TWIST!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I'm going into it with just enjoying what I have and if they come through with what they are talking about then great. What I read there is that PGI no longer has to worry about the business part of their operations which allows them to actually focus on the game again rather than where their next paycheck is coming from.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh more MW5 news ahead? Very neat.

I would suspect a new expansion that adds the Clans would be an obvious choice. IIRC the ComStar news ticker hints at them starting their invasion once you get near that year in game. Something about HPG outages in the Deep Periphery.

Though some things I would like to see, in no particular order;

A proper Mechlab please and thank you. I'm currently using Yet Another Mechlab and it is phenomenal!

Make the Periphery nations actual, y'know, factions! Why this isn't the case already hurts my brain to think about.

Solaris doko?

More mission types! Again I turn to mods and have been using the wonderful Coyotes Mission Pack. Which adds more mission types then were in the base game to start with. Seriously the Battlefield mission type is chaotic fun.

But ultimately more MW5 news is good enough.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Y'know, I still haven't actually finished the MW5 campaign yet. I think I'm on the last leg of the story, though...but, I mean, it's the year 3070-something, I've got a lance made up of a pair of Nightstars, a Marauder II, and either a quad-Heavy Rifle King Crab or (if I'm feeling particularly cheeky) a quad-Heavy Rifle Annihilator.

But, because I migrated my save game data from Epic over to Steam (didn't start a new campaign since I was already in the 3050s when the Steam launch happened), I don't get the news ticker. So every time I join my brother's game or one of my buddy's campaigns and see the news ticker, I feel like I'm missing out a little.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Y'know, I still haven't actually finished the MW5 campaign yet. I think I'm on the last leg of the story, though...but, I mean, it's the year 3070-something, I've got a lance made up of a pair of Nightstars, a Marauder II, and either a quad-Heavy Rifle King Crab or (if I'm feeling particularly cheeky) a quad-Heavy Rifle Annihilator.

But, because I migrated my save game data from Epic over to Steam (didn't start a new campaign since I was already in the 3050s when the Steam launch happened), I don't get the news ticker. So every time I join my brother's game or one of my buddy's campaigns and see the news ticker, I feel like I'm missing out a little.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, the timeline news articles just stop prior to 3050 teasing the clan invasion. You won't see any new items pop up after that year in game.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, the timeline news articles just stop prior to 3050 teasing the clan invasion. You won't see any new items pop up after that year in game.

Weird...even going back to earlier saves still had blank news feed boxes.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Go home YAML, you're drunk
    37g87hbkb84f.png

Edit: To clarify, this isn't something I built, this is something that I found on the market.

Nobody on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Knowing nothing about YAML....is that legal?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

Should be. If it fits it sits.

Hell, there is an Urbanmech that fires literal nukes.

rVF1tKm.jpg

Which I doubt is in MW5, which is a crime.

• Options
    The only "new" Urbie I've seen so far is one that runs 2xAC/2, 2xSL which is highly annoying for an Urbie.

Oh, and I've been happily collecting Chargers. Being able to swap down to a 320 engine gives you a lot of breathing room to fit stuff.

• Options
    No idea if these are "real," but these quirks appeared on a streamer's discord:

Centurion:
    vxrtkt718zms.png
    k7zcxub73kqd.png

Dire Whale
    zrtcc9ftrvqx.png

• Options
    The 200 rated engine weirds me out more than the dual thumpers.

• Options
    37g87hbkb84f.png

Edit: To clarify, this isn't something I built, this is something that I found on the market.

Update, I, uh, have a Rifleman now >.>

• Options
    edited August 2021
    37g87hbkb84f.png

Update, I, uh, have a Rifleman now >.>

Now I have a Rifleman

Ho-Ho-Ho

Orca on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

rVF1tKm.jpg

I mean

re: the Ares conventions, isn't that just a crime in general?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

rVF1tKm.jpg

I mean

Funny enough one of Star League’s first measures they passed was to rescind the Ares Conventions. Just in time for the reunification wars. A coincidence I am sure.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

rVF1tKm.jpg

I mean

It is, but are YOU going to tell the Urbie that?