Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - HORSECAR

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - HORSECAR

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    And that's the story of how I got reminded of Turbo Teen for the first time in like three years.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    So is there much crossover between NASCAR fans and horse racing enthusiasts? Because I would think the kind of people who are big into horse racing and training wouldn't be all that interested in motorsports, and vice versa.

Then again, Paramount are promoting the Top Gun sequel in Japan by featuring it in the Uma Musume game, (because one of the cute horsegirls is called Mayano Top Gun) so maybe they're on to something with the horses...

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    So is there much crossover between NASCAR fans and horse racing enthusiasts? Because I would think the kind of people who are big into horse racing and training wouldn't be all that interested in motorsports, and vice versa.

The crashes aren't nearly as fun...

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Then again, Paramount are promoting the Top Gun sequel in Japan by featuring it in the Uma Musume game, (because one of the cute horsegirls is called Mayano Top Gun) so maybe they're on to something with the horses...

There might be a lot of crossover between horse racing and the people who *own* NASCAR. The fans? Probably not so much.

• Options
    Radiated RoninRadiated Ronin Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    So, are you the kind that watches Pixar's Cars and wonders "how do these things make more Cars?" Wonder no more! We have got a game for you....

Radiated Ronin on
  • Options
    7ucky7ucky Registered User regular
    TURBO TEEN! Watching those opening credits really took me back - I'd completely forgotten about that show.

Just a side note, am I the only one who thought that final speech bubble was a continuation of Tycho's rant?

pvleevc2o4pj.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Middle Panel Div sighting
    lhk316tv85io.png

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

There might be a lot of crossover between horse racing and the people who *own* NASCAR. The fans? Probably not so much.

People who are into horse racing are not into horses racing. The horses are just a very expensive, organic Random Number Generator for people to gamble on (for both owners and spectators). I think there's quite a bit of overlap with Nascar fans there.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    YoungFrey wrote: »

People who are into horse racing are not into horses racing. The horses are just a very expensive, organic Random Number Generator for people to gamble on (for both owners and spectators). I think there's quite a bit of overlap with Nascar fans there.

While I'm sure there are all kinds of people and reasons for their fandom, I hypothesize that it's not just a random number generator, but one that you can watch and root for as it's generating. Kind of like a longer version of the swirly lottery balls. Or like even digital slot machines that take their time locking in each tumbler. Gambling isn't as fun for a lot of people if it's instantaneous. I'm sure it's all down to some biochemistry.

dennis on