Options

What is this called and where/do I buy more?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
u3q4g0bzjgxh.jpeg

jx7n9hvcgf8b.jpeg

I’ve been referring to it as a “cackwhingle” but the local hardware store tells me that’s not a real name for anything and hung up on me.

It’s from my Christmas tree stand. I have one of three needed.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I would assume you could call a hardware store and ask them if they have bolts for a christmas tree stand and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

Then take that one with you when you go in so they'll know what size you need for the other two.

• Options
    Hmm. Good idea. Thanks

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The technical name is an "eye bolt", which in this case is used as a tightening screw. You'll find it in a hardware store, although you might need to specify diameter and pitch.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the term you're looking for is 'eye bolt'

any hardware store, lowe's, home depot etc should have them

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Perfect, thanks everyone!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The question's been answered, but I want you to know that I love "cackwhingle", and will be referring to all eye bolts as such in the future.

• Options
    Enjoy it!

• Options
    Oh by the way, my second cackwhingle was stuck in my tree. Once I pulled it out and shook it, it fell out and dropped to the ground and I was able to grab it and I think 2 cackwhingles are enough.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, I googled cackwhingle and this thread was the only result. So now you can brag to your friends you invented a word!

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    3 should be much more stable than two. I, personally, would want to mitigate the risk of a toppling tree, especially one with glass or emotionally significant ornaments.

• Options
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    3 should be much more stable than two. I, personally, would want to mitigate the risk of a toppling tree, especially one with glass or emotionally significant ornaments.

Actually I was going to post this morning that I found my third cackwingle last night. So I’m totally good now. And you’re right - it is more stable.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    more cackwhingles = more stable
    better buy 10 more to be sure

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.