As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Whoops, just realized I haven't updated my actual Amazon Prime wishlist and all that's on there is mostly expensive ass shit! Sorry, Satan! I swear I ain't truly got champagne taste!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Dear Santee, your gift....

https://youtu.be/7fBEmeaokf0

THIS IS MY BIT.
    #pipe wrote: »
    PM1n.gif

YOU STOLE MY BIT.

#pipe on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

THIS IS MY BIT.
    PM1n.gif

YOU STOLE MY BIT.

Your bit is a GIF from 2020. That's sooooo last year!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So, there's two other Big Satans Gifts I received, but I need to clean up to take photos and I have not done this

I have, however, set up my third gift

Which is a fuckin' huge 3D printer that @Kadith went to the trouble of arranging to buy me from a local supplier I'd been talking to, as well as a frankly insane number of spools of filament

It's running the test print right now!
    palw3cwne3hk.jpeg
    It's an ADIMlabs Gantry Pro, which features an unreasonably large build size for its class as an entry level 3D printer, and is fairly moddable too!

Thanks Kadith!!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh wowwwwww, that's awesome!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    as well as a frankly insane number of spools of filament

What's the point in printing if you don't have pretty colours!?

But hurray I'm glad everything is officially delivered!

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That's great! Now you can print that stereo I posted and send it to me!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »

I'm especially excited to try out the fancy ones!! I saw a couple "luminous" colours and also one that goes from white to red in the light???

Steam
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    WHooaaaaaa that's so rad!!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I'm especially excited to try out the fancy ones!! I saw a couple "luminous" colours and also one that goes from white to red in the light???

I wonder if you can get UV reactive filament... I'd assume so!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Crossposten:

A wild Imp appears!

It uses A STRING OF RANDOM CHARACTERS!

They are super effective ... at delivering 3 months of UNLIMITED GAMES!

pzvbcfjbi1fw.png

Many thanks, Santa!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

THIS IS MY BIT.
    PM1n.gif

YOU STOLE MY BIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpu8TJSnxM

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I wonder if you can get UV reactive filament... I'd assume so!

You can! I have some actually

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I got THWOMP'd!
    87FoOe4m.jpg

The package came with a "HAIL SATAN" note from @see317 ensuring me that these will absolutely not be used as weapons by my children. They all love them! My twins held theirs tight while watching their older brother play Mario Kart 8 because "This is the game with Thwomps in them". :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But the thwomps were also packing material!
    CxS1J0ll.jpg
    Treats! Salted Caramels, Candy Coal, and Chocolate orange. Yum!

nr6fXf8m.jpg
    There was also a set of dice and a metal violin puzzle; shown here taken apart, and proving quite challenging to get back together. Fun and evil.

7Yn6G0vm.jpg
    A new PA mug! The one I got from the DVD set had broken right around sign up time so I figured I'd ask. Turns out see317 just happened to have an extra one from an end of year grab bag. Thank you!

NYGmeY5m.jpg?1
    A new PS5 controller! On top of all this, how generous! One of our controllers had also broken somewhat recently, so this was pretty high on my wishlist. But wait... the note said that some holiday cheer was tossed inside...

hREFq42m.jpg
    Christmas PA Pins! Haha, these are great. I knew about the pins but never got any, so now I'm all set to sport some extra holiday cheer.

Thank you so much!!!

edit: image link fail

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Excellent. Glad to see my Sataning arrived safely.
    There's always a tiny twinge of fear that I got the addresses crossed when I drag them to the FedEx store, and I'm going to end up sending nerd shit to the wrong kind of nerd.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've had that violon puzzle for about 3 years now and I've fucked with it so much that enough plating has oxidized that the puzzle falls apart accidentally during handling.

Which is to say it's gotten a lot of use.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I found something strange in my mail today.
    There were the usual things, of course, but on top of those, pushed through the mail slot, was a strange postcard.

t5sdefbbpqm3.jpg

I'm getting ahead of myself, I guess. It's not really a strange postcard in isolation, it's not outwardly weird or anything like that. I didn't recognize what it was a photo of, but I'm no expert, nothing seemed weird there. And I'm certainly happier to get a postcard than the typical paper copy of a bill that I've already gotten online or credit card offer or what have you.

But the reverse, that part was strange:

7okts2clzsnk.jpg

You see what I mean?

I mean even absent the text or the red fingerprints, there's no return address, no mention of who sent it. It's Italian, I guess, the caves of Postumia near Trieste. I suspect perhaps it had been intended for someone else. A previous tenant? A neighbor maybe? But I don't really know any of them well enough to be sure, and besides, it's not like it has a name and address on it for me to try and figure it out.

5ql6p2ydx4ej.jpg

So I'm keeping it, for now. As a curiosity, or just a neat old photo, pinned up above my desk.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I've had that violon puzzle for about 3 years now and I've fucked with it so much that enough plating has oxidized that the puzzle falls apart accidentally during handling.

Which is to say it's gotten a lot of use.

It has a pretty satisfying weight to it!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I found something strange in my mail today.
    There were the usual things, of course, but on top of those, pushed through the mail slot, was a strange postcard.

t5sdefbbpqm3.jpg

I'm getting ahead of myself, I guess. It's not really a strange postcard in isolation, it's not outwardly weird or anything like that. I didn't recognize what it was a photo of, but I'm no expert, nothing seemed weird there. And I'm certainly happier to get a postcard than the typical paper copy of a bill that I've already gotten online or credit card offer or what have you.

But the reverse, that part was strange:

7okts2clzsnk.jpg

You see what I mean?

I mean even absent the text or the red fingerprints, there's no return address, no mention of who sent it. It's Italian, I guess, the caves of Postumia near Trieste. I suspect perhaps it had been intended for someone else. A previous tenant? A neighbor maybe? But I don't really know any of them well enough to be sure, and besides, it's not like it has a name and address on it for me to try and figure it out.

5ql6p2ydx4ej.jpg

So I'm keeping it, for now. As a curiosity, or just a neat old photo, pinned up above my desk.

What a neat, totally normal postcard! So funny about the missing return address though!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The replacement item for my gift showed up bent in the other direction!

I have Never had so many issues with getting something delivered. I found a local source and that’s just what we’re gonna do

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Hah, ordered volley one of gifts a week ago, and was kind of expecting it to have shown up by now. Apparently the range is 5-21 days, so it may be a bit. I may have to find another gift in the mean time.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I need to find more stuff to send to my giftee

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Initial set of gifts ordered and sent directly to the recipient

There were no gift receipt options, so maybe it'll be mysterious, or maybe it'll be very obvious, maybe in a week or two you'll come back and reread this post and say, "Oh that makes way more sense now"

There will be a follow up, but I know myself and my inability to get things done with any sense of urgency, so I wanted to get something out early ("early")

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I have received further gifts from @jclast ! This time in physical form!

First up we have a kickass scarf! It gets cold here, and this is my fashion accessory of choice in the winter months. A versatile color set, a statement without being gaudy. Hooray!
    sJd9FbS.jpg
    MTDuWVx.jpg

Next up we have a book! I’ll be honest, I’ve seen this author’s name thrown around but don’t know a thing about his work or this book. Which is a fine starting point!

jclast said it was their favorite book, so that’s endorsement enough for me!
    TLZI7Lx.jpg

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Whoohoo! Despite my best efforts everything arrived before Christmas!

I hope you like OMW as much as I do. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have sent a thing. . .

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I have been gifted!

I came home to a package assuming it was something I bought, but immediately see the (best color) Amazon gift bags!
    b8Zdtnpl.jpeg
    cmzkfSPl.jpeg
    A KC cookbook!

AASu7uzl.jpeg
    Gonna have to make these to take home for Christmas.

rTUpQcql.jpeg
    A Seattle mug! I would absolutely love to visit Seattle someday.

BGhOhEel.jpeg
    And the note!

Thank you @MNC Dover

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have been gifted!

I came home to a package assuming it was something I bought, but immediately see the (best color) Amazon gift bags!
    b8Zdtnpl.jpeg
    cmzkfSPl.jpeg
    A KC cookbook!

AASu7uzl.jpeg

rTUpQcql.jpeg

BGhOhEel.jpeg
    And the note!

Thank you "MNC Dover"

Glad you liked them! But wait, there’s more! Check your PMs.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    I got another gift with an ominous (frightening?) message:
    rflxew5xm7mc.jpg
    I give you one year... You have one year to make your peace and remove any marks you have made upon the land. One year..."
    Memphis Will be Laid to Waste - Norma Jean

:eek: ...Thank you? I love Castlevania, so this book will be studied for sure.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    My dear giftee, I sent your gift out like nearly two weeks ago but it's stuck at customs. I am sorry

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    My dear giftee, I sent your gift out like nearly two weeks ago but it's stuck at customs. I am sorry

My sister sent me something for my birthday back in October. I got it, I think, Friday? Might have been Thursday?

Anyway, Customs be screwed up these days.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I have been gifted!

b8Zdtnpl.jpeg

cmzkfSPl.jpeg
    A KC cookbook!

AASu7uzl.jpeg

rTUpQcql.jpeg

BGhOhEel.jpeg
    And the note!

Thank you "MNC Dover"

Glad you liked them! But wait, there’s more! Check your PMs.

I have also been gifted a Nintendo store gift card. One way or another I will make use of this too. Thank you!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    well my partner just bought us an Index (with grant reimbursement even!)

also an box has shown up but i have yet to get the cats over to check it out

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    well my partner just bought us an Index (with grant reimbursement even!)

also an box has shown up but i have yet to get the cats over to check it out

@initiatefailure
    qp69ar63yteb.gif

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Those who've met me at PAX South know I am not a dancer. Takes a lot to get me moving.
    In fact, I was raised Mennonite where we tell such jokes as "Why don't Mennonites have sex standing up? Because it might lead to dancing." or "What do you call free dance lesson? A Mennonite ethical dilemma."
    For further proof that dancing comes from Satan, this morning I opened my front door to see very very flat package, with a sender in Japan. I immediately began hopping from one foot to the other in a little jig of excitement.
    krv4dj2fu1bz.jpg

In fact I instantly opened it and sat down to play through 1000 Words, because despite having some uh, strong negative opinions about FFX-2 the game, it's got some great music, and that particular piece is one of my favorite FF piano arrangements.

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to digging through the rest of it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alright so, I actually dressed up on Friday and have content about the other two Satans packages

First, the actual first package: a few things from La Femme En Noir, a goth neo-noir style fashion line that fucking rules.

I am particularly attached to this skirt as it reminds me of a dress I had in my youth for Irish Dancing competitions, that had these gorgeously hand-embroidered and gem snakes on it. (I didn't love it at the time because classes were the same time as new episodes of DBZ, but damn if it isn't a useful skill for when they play Maritime folk music at weddings...)
    c8101r1lmo5t.jpeg

b6s7rqhlhn90.jpeg

Also included was this snake belt and spider gemstone brooch, which are both fucking gorgeous

0nh9tk6oj6vo.jpeg

13sr88cdjsn0.jpeg

Also, surprise!! I was also wearing the stuff from the second box, which is the whole damn collection from Colorpop's Sailor Moon crossover

The blush and eyeshadow have little holographic covers that are super cute, the colours... pop, from the eyeshadow and blush kit, and there's even a little gel glitter in the shapes of the transformation stars

wsrs54qpcfo6.jpeg

vdpktgiumnsz.jpeg

1p8r0d2iw7nq.jpeg

ra4kr8q6otkg.jpeg

And actually wearing the things:

j82yhd57mtct.jpeg

dk50gc0map2l.jpeg

It's a great collection of neutrals which I only recently realized I had very little of, but also has a lot of options for going brighter, too!

Thanks so much for these intensely generous gifts @kadith !!! I'm very excited to keep playing with these fresh looks!

Steam
  • Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    My apologies for not posting sooner. I feel awful not getting to it right away but I was unsure whether a package was something I’d bought or not due to my prolific shopping the past week. But last night while I was cleaning the table of gifts off I realized the from address was not something I recognized or had purchased.

Upon opening the package I was greeted with…

MYSTICAL HORSES!
    cvowfis0krxa.jpeg

What a beautiful print! I love it! It’s going right up in my office as soon as I get a frame worthy of it.

But that’s not all there were also…

BABY PEGASUSES… (PEGASI?)
    hkucwurxriev.jpeg

I love them!

And finally a message from the dark lord!
    6b0rqb94y9xr.jpeg

Thank you most benevolent Satan!

• Options
    I don't know who your Satan is, but I agree, that artist is very good and also very cool.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gifts sent. I named my recipient Lord of Saturnalia. I expect stories of Roman style group merriment.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
This discussion has been closed.