As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The K Word

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The K Word

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I was kind of saddened that Microsoft cut support for the Kinect without ever releasing an XBox version of VR. What the PC crowd did with using the Kinect for full body tracking was incredible, and that was just hobbiests hacking in mods. Imagine Kinect, but with a VR headset and controllers for fine inputs and feedback. Might have actually been enough to make me want a Series.

• Options
    SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    A Still working Kinect? Crazy!
    Those things never lasted long for me...

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If the disk drive on my 360 still opened, I'd probably still have it plugged in.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    PahnPahn Registered User new member
    I still have my 360 hooked up (well, I did until I moved recently) for Rock Band, and my PS3 still gets regular play.

I’m probably going to post exactly once and then never again.
  • Options
    MooseMuffinMooseMuffin Registered User regular
    Pahn wrote: »
    I still have my 360 hooked up (well, I did until I moved recently) for Rock Band, and my PS3 still gets regular play.

Yup, still keep the 360 around as a dedicated Rock Band machine. Its not plugged in, but I can get it set up in less time than it takes other people to pull out the instruments.

• Options
    spindly1970spindly1970 Registered User new member
    I feel absolutely ancient with my 2600 still connected.

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    You know you're getting old when all of your gaming sessions are Night At The Museum, The Film, The Man.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I feel absolutely ancient with my 2600 still connected.

That's cycled back around to cool, same with an original NES or PS.

I think even an OXBOX could fall into that. 360s are lame though for sure.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    My 360 is still connected, which is more than I can say for my Xbox One. Though I still use the controller from the latter with my PC.

But keeping the Kinect hooked up, let alone in a position where it actually works, now that's odd.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    tgbennett30tgbennett30 Registered User regular
    If the disk drive on my 360 still opened, I'd probably still have it plugged in.

That's what the good lord invented paper clips for ;-) mine hasn't opened of its own volition for a decade now, so I have to play the role of the lockpicking rogue any time I want some Rock Band 3 or even - dare I say it - Kinect Sports for my 6 and 8 year olds.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Looks at my launch phat ps2 and phat ps3 next to the ps4.