As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The thing that really baffles me is how gear gets in my bags. I pretty much pass on everything in low level dungeons. And yet somehow I still find random pieces of armor in my bags after the run, even if I 100% pass on everything. They need to cut that out.

That's because leveling dungeons automatically give you a piece of gear for your spec when you finish them. That and materia are the only things that'll get shoved in your bag without rolling.

We don't want them to cut that out.

And crafting mats, and dyes, and clear crystals for making glamour prisms/dispellers out of except everyone just buys those in bulk from the GCs now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I mean, a toggle to prevent auto-loots would be a very reasonable request.
    While it'd be doable to implement, people would turn it on while running trivial content and then forget that they turned it on and run their wing of Savage for the week and not get their guaranteed book drop or run the alliance raid and not get their coin equivalent for the week and be unable to get another until the following week.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    5.x meme
    04twko23lja81.png

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, in FFXIV there is literally no gear that you can't get again if you get rid of it and later do want it.

I've actually seen a glam on some dude that I looked up that said it was removed, but I can't remember the name of it. I thiiink it may have been a leveling quest reward that they got rid of and didn't put on any vendor for whatever reason.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    The Makai accessories are unobtainable if you threw them out, I think.

Everything else shows up on the salvager, but not the right side stuff.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    SabreMau on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    It REALLY sucks that if I disconnect when I'm 100th in the queue, i can reconnect real fast and get put back in the queue.

But if I disconnect once I'm in the game, regardless of how fast I get back, it boots me out and I'm back in a 2k person queue.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Yeah. With the other fixes they've done "reconnect to existing session" is the biggest thing missing from FFXIV's network tech. Unfortunately, it's also prolly a big one.

admanb on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah the 90006 errors have absolutely been worse since the maintenance, and fucked with a LOT of peoples week 1 progression.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    We start raid at around 10:30 PM EST, and I basically cannot double weave at all for the first 40 minutes to an hour until it gets to slightly less peak hours.

Considering using xivalex (or whatever the anti latency plugin is) just cause it's so tilting.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Definitely just use it. Anyone who doesn't have consistent ping should use it.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I don't think I've waited in a queue for more than a couple of minutes since, like, Christmas. Did they get more servers, or are the player counts more reasonable because people are logging in at various times rather than every single day after work, or because new people bought the game and expansion before release but fell off fast because they were just riding the "latest new release" hype but didn't stick, or what?

Maybe I've been logging in at late hours myself, looking at the clock right now.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Installed both it and the quick launcher to mess around with, good god the difference is noticeable right away.

Only issue I'm having is that now the game freezes after I exit (I log out fine, just have a random black ffxiv window that I need to kill in task manager), but honestly willing to deal with that for now (looking at the issues page on github has a few others reporting the same thing, with no consistent solution yet).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I don't think I've waited in a queue for more than a couple of minutes since, like, Christmas. Did they get more servers, or are the player counts more reasonable because people are logging in at various times rather than every single day after work, or because new people bought the game and expansion before release but fell off fast because they were just riding the "latest new release" hype but didn't stick, or what?

Maybe I've been logging in at late hours myself, looking at the clock right now.

I think population has just been smoothing out. I still see big queues (well, I don't because I log in before 9AM every day, but friends I play with do) right around 5-8PM.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    It also feels like getting through the queue has been faster too. Lately a queue of around 1500 is about 45-60 minutes to get through where as a few weeks ago that would have been at least 90 minutes. I've also been noticing that once you hit under 200 you'll sometimes get in as part of a wave as opposed having to wait for it to tick down to 1.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I still see 2000-3000 people queues

• Options
    Yah I think people are just generally playing less, so the queues are smaller when you get in them and empty out quicker as people log off for the day.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Did a pseudo healer-less run of the level 90 MSQ dungeon on WAR where my friend on Sage didn’t use a single heal for trash aside from Kardia. I wall pulled the whole thing and most of them didn’t even feel spicy.

admanb on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Installed both it and the quick launcher to mess around with, good god the difference is noticeable right away.

Only issue I'm having is that now the game freezes after I exit (I log out fine, just have a random black ffxiv window that I need to kill in task manager), but honestly willing to deal with that for now (looking at the issues page on github has a few others reporting the same thing, with no consistent solution yet).

It feels like how the game probably plays when your internet is inside a japanese data centre, aka how the devs seem to think it plays for everyone, lol.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

I'm on Sarg and if I try to log in after about 5pm US EST any day, the queue is at least 1500.

Which sucks because evening time is my play time. But at least I'm catching up on rewatching Witcher so the new season makes sense.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Never really looked at the credits until finishing EW.

Of course you would get
    a goddess
    to voice Hydaelyn, it only makes sense!

• Options
    delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

Thank you for this update! Any idea if this date will be the same for digital release as well?

• Options
    It's pretty annoying when you need two doodads for crafting something yet everything on the MB is stacks of 99.

Sure, I could buy a stack, use what I need and relist it, but eh, bother. In most cases I'll just teleport to wherever and do 30 seconds of gathering myself.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    It's pretty annoying when you need two doodads for crafting something yet everything on the MB is stacks of 99.

Sure, I could buy a stack, use what I need and relist it, but eh, bother. In most cases I'll just teleport to wherever and do 30 seconds of gathering myself.

I lucked out so hard when leveling a culinarian to 50 several days ago - almost all the HQ recipes required for the class quests had 1 or 2 items listed for 300 gil and a bunch of single stacks going for 29K.

Currently I am trying to get all the crafting classes to 50 just to get rid of the low level crafting gear cluttering my armory.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

My static's start time is basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ because I'm not WFH. If you're on PST and work normal-ish hours, queues are still pretty bad.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I really like the look of this armor:

It's the level 88 healing set. The Ophiotauroskin set. I'm sure there's probably an "of casting" version too.
    sutefhxmp6ek.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pallet-swapped Neo-Ishgardian. It's a good group of sets.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Oh, there's an ishgardian version? I haven't seen it before. But yeah. It's got a lot of good subtle detail for just being a leveling set. I really like it.

• Options
    Oh, there's an ishgardian version? I haven't seen it before. But yeah. It's got a lot of good subtle detail for just being a leveling set. I really like it.

Nah, that's just the name it was given because it was vaguely Ishgardian themed. The original was a 5.2 endgame crafted set.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    delph wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »

Thank you for this update! Any idea if this date will be the same for digital release as well?

they usually seem to release digital albums a few months after the physical media releases

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

I lucked out so hard when leveling a culinarian to 50 several days ago - almost all the HQ recipes required for the class quests had 1 or 2 items listed for 300 gil and a bunch of single stacks going for 29K.

Currently I am trying to get all the crafting classes to 50 just to get rid of the low level crafting gear cluttering my armory.

Yeah, I'm leveling all crafters at the same time so they're all around the same level so I can use the same gear set. Currently got them all at 53+ and using the level 50 GC crafting set, and going through the class quests one by one to get their level 50 main hand tool.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I really like the look of this armor:

It's the level 88 healing set. The Ophiotauroskin set. I'm sure there's probably an "of casting" version too.
    sutefhxmp6ek.png

This reminds me a lot of Cloud's purple dress from FFVII. (Though upon Googling, it's not that close.)

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    I'm using the Neo-Ishguardian Aiming set for my Dancer. Looks great, will post a screenshot after work.

• Options
    I'm using the Neo-Ishguardian Aiming set for my Dancer. Looks great, will post a screenshot after work.

Please do. I'm interested to see it. I'm also interested to know the real name of it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

Please do. I'm interested to see it. I'm also interested to know the real name of it.

It should just be "Neo-Ishgardian" etc.

• Options
    Oh! I didn't realize that was the actual name. I thought that's just some sort of community name for it since it has a vaguely Ishgardian look to it.

• Options
    Right, Neo-Ishguardian Top of Aiming, turquoise green dye. Boots are Bonewicca.
    d3qqzn5brhw0.jpglwysunbb2q3c.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, that's veeeeeery similar to the one I'm wearing.

It's hard to tell from your action poses, but I think the front is symmetric and fully open in the front, whereas the one my character is wearing is asymmetric and covers one leg more than the other. Both are very cool looking sets.

• Options
    The Fending version has one arm armored, I think.

This discussion has been closed.