As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Does this game have anything in particular to really warrant the hype?

The gameplay is about as good as it looks, which is more than enough for me when it comes to MMOs or ARPGs where the feel of the game is absolutely everything.

It's uniquely positioned as an MMO with literally years of success in multiple other regions, and content, backing it up day 1. At the absolute very least it's going to clear the bar of "no real endgame / nothing to do" that has been the death of many games in the genre.

It's not (to the public's knowledge anyway) developed in an abusive morass of sexual harassment and discrimination whose primary output is disappointment and delay.

The community seems pretty chill and positive.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Sounds like a bunch of friends are going with Mari, so see ya there if that's the server you choose!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    DX11 confirmed to be in at launch. Nice, they weren't sure they would be able to do it but they did. This'll lead to a lot of performance gains for most people.

Also new voice acting trailer, they're definitely putting a lot into the localization
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5G4PElBAeg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    not sure if I wanna sing or shoot a very large gun while being manly

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I'm picking this game up along with some friends. I know I'm going US EAST but don't know about specific server. Also not sure what class to start, I'll research this weekend.

I got the bronze pack specifically so I can play early.

• Options
    Seems unfortunate that our community will likely be splintered but not much we can do with this server system.

• Options
    Think I'm probably going to end up going to Mari (US West) myself. Usually I'd just go east since I'm typically playing with a few east people and it's usually just easier to go where they want to but they're not super interested in the game so, guess I'll take advantage of it and have a solid ping.

Plus West tends to miss out on the bigger streamers so I expect it to be slightly more chill.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Apparently some of my irl buddies will be playing this so I started looking into it a little. It looks like it could be ok.
    It seems like it's in a weird design spot that it kinda competes with Diablo and wow. If it is successful, and it does seem like it will be, I wonder how papa Microsoft will react in order to make the blizzard games at least on par with it. Because it would be a terrible look if D4 comes out and is worse than a game that has been out for a few years now in Korea.

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    It looks like I'm going to be on Ladon on US-East, I'm really curious how the launch is going to go and what kind of queues we're going to be looking at.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Looks like I'll be heading onto Regulus Avalon where my brother will be playing with end-game raiding in mind; I plan to keep my gameplay casual though.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I just want to know where all the big streamers are going so I can avoid those servers.

Other than that I don't have anybody I'm playing with that I need to coordinate servers with.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    I had googled lost ark servers and one of the first pages said there were a couple streamer servers.

I think I'll be on something like umo. I forget what my buddy sent over discord.

• Options
    Pre-load is up.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    New trailers dropped today. Short launch hype trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwnk9XrhN54

Longer Director's Trailer put together by SmileGate that gives a larger overview of the game (and is a little goofy in a charming way):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUNt90j42w

• Options
    all installed, now I just gotta figure out what server to roll on

have we decided on a PA guild or whatever?

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'll join a PA guild. Do we all have to be on the same server to be in a guild together?

How do we find the non-streamer server?

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'll join a PA guild. Do we all have to be on the same server to be in a guild together?

How do we find the non-streamer server?

Well at the very least you'll be avoiding Asmongold if you're in the west. (Nothing against Asmongold myself, but he's just the biggest MMO streamer I could think of.) If nothing changes in the next 24h I'll be on Mari and hopefully our NA West folks do the same.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    in order to be in a guild you gotta be on the same server, things like dungeons and raids are cross server though

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I’m going to be hopping on Mari as well

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Patch notes time! https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-release-notes

Pretty standard release notes but we got this info

EDIT: Removed because apparently it's not true.

Basically, our progression is sped up quite a bit, likely because they want to push out the legion raids sooner rather than later. But this is a pretty good change for us, should be less stressful to get ready for things and even work on alts.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Global Chat has been added to allow players to communicate with others in other worlds of the same server region.
    Each chat room can hold a maximum of 100 players.
    Players can see the previous chat logs before they enter the room and chat messages that were sent when they have logged-off.

Watching a streamer who plays on the KR version go through the notes and explaining them.

Looks like this is basically a region wide chat room you can set up. So even if we don't have enough people on for a guild we can probably make a chat room for all the people playing on the same region.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    "Added the ability for users to add an account (similar to adding their roster) as a friend and display which character they're currently playing on - friends lists are no longer locked to characters."

That is a massive improvement over adding everyone's characters and alts on all of your characters every single time.

Method #2
    • A second Power Pass is granted if a player watches cutscenes and cinematics all the way through.

So make sure to watch all the cutscenes if you want to skip leveling up a character.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Apparently they just changed the 2nd power pass. Now everybody gets it after using the first one.

You don't have to worry about watching cutscenes if you want to skip them for some reason.

• Options
    What's a power pass and why do I want them?

• Options
    Level 50 character boost you can use on alts

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Asmongold just confirmed Galatur will be his server, and typically by extension this means the streamer community server at large. (runner up was Regulus)

So if you want to avoid that... community, just a heads up on what to not roll on.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Anyone have a preference for a US East server besides Galatur then? I'll be starting on Regulus if I don't hear anything. Any other US East players that want to form a guild?

Sounds like we can have some sort of cross-server chat too, which will be cool for groups

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    welp, sounds like the gear progression changes are not actually in? Whoops. They removed the section and at the bottom of the page they now say
    Note, a section regarding gear and tiers was removed, as it did not reflect changes to the western release.

Basically this means you'll probably have to go through T1/T2 somewhat normally.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm going to make a Bard on Mari, sounds like it's where all the west coast forumers will be.

I'm busy tomorrow morning so I'll miss launch sadly. Hopefully that just means that I will miss any server hiccups typical of mmo launches.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I'll be on NA East - Una Server. It didn't look like we have enough people here to properly level up a PA guild so I'm going with one a couple streamers I follow are going that should have fairly robust guilds.

Though since guild membership are per character if any of you also end up on Una I could still be in a guild with an alt.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I know basically nothing about this game other than that it looks cool, but I'm gonna be playing with some discord buddies on NA East - Azena.

Just searching the word "azena" on twitter and I've seen several "XYZ content creator will be on Azena" so that sounds horrible, but eh, whatever, I was the last one in our group to decide to actually play so I'm just kinda following along.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think I am heading to US East - Regulus.

More friends than anticipated are getting into lost ark. This game might really blow up

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I think I am heading to US East - Regulus.

More friends than anticipated are getting into lost ark. This game might really blow up

The various founders packs are now 4 of the top 5 selling games on Steam at the moment.

All big MMOs get mega hype at launch so it's impossible to project but it seems that there are possibly some legs here.

• Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    +1 for NA West- Mari , still debating on the class I want to start with. Might just go Sorc and magic all the things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think I'm just gonna make the guild on US-East Regulus, so anybody that wants to be in the PA guild go there

• Options
    Pretty sure I'm going gunlancer at this point! Artillerist is a close second. Best of luck and hope you all don't end up on a streamer's server.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Ill be going Regulus as well on US East, good to see a nice chunk of PA folk deciding on that too.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards Shadowhunter as my first character, Bard for second.

This might all suddenly change at the last minute

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I planned to try this out, but wasn't sure if I'd be into it. I just watched that director's trailer though and damn it looks better than I anticipated.

I'll probably go Regulus as well. Will we have a guild set up there?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I planned to try this out, but wasn't sure if I'd be into it. I just watched that director's trailer though and damn it looks better than I anticipated.

I'll probably go Regulus as well. Will we have a guild set up there?

Apparently the guild rewards (silmael crystals) are pretty important for character upgrades etc. and require a pretty big active guild; with the split between east and west servers I don't think we'll have enough active players on either to make joining a PA guild not effectively shooting yourself in the foot unfortunately.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin