As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell me about your experiences with Adderall

124»

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Hey @Madican that's an interesting experience you're having with your medication! It sounds like you are on short release, which probably has more of a kick to it, particularly as you are getting used to a new dose.

When I was on adderall, now vyvanse, I felt very directed, and there was a sort of push to do things. I wouldn't call it manic as I really liked it. I would see something that needs doing and my body/brain would feel pushed to just go do it. So I was more task oriented but also not wanting to pull my brain out from doing mundane tasks.

Before adderall, I was normally disorganised in the morning, and late to work (thankfully I'm autonomous so no one bothered me about it). I'd sit on the couch to put my shoes on, and 'put the tv on for something to listen to' and end up watching it for longer than I should. Or I would avoid doing tasks as 'I don't have time to stack/unpack the dishwasher' etc (but then watch TV, go figure right?).

When I first started adderall it was literally like the lights got turned on. I was in my kitchen, and I had about 30 minutes until I HAD to leave for work. Usually I feel rushed.
    Instead, I just noticed things that I had to do, and I didn't feel compelled to do them, I just had a push, and no push BACK (a first). So I cleaned the bench, unpacked the dishwasher, stacked the dishwasher, and put some laundry away. When I checked the time I had 10 minutes until I had to leave, so I left, early!

I then went to work and was more effective then I've ever been.

So nah it sounds like you're having a pretty good response. It is a stimulant mind you, so you'll feel a bit amped, but because it's correcting your attention deficits, you're able to channel it more into effectiveness. I did also feel a bit more restless, and I noted to my doctor that I was talking a lot more than I used to and wanted to. I'm a therapist, so talking a lot is not the best thing.

I think it will likely wane a bit though as you get used to the dose. I ended up moving off of adderall as I got frustrated with having to remembering to take my medications through the day (my work is appointment based, so if I'm busy I can miss a window), and my doctor put me on vyanse for a smoother experience over the day e.g. being less amped. The experience is different. Over the time it takes it kick in (an hour), my anxiety about being overwhelmed by the day gradually dissipates and I feel more able to do things. It doesn't give me the kick of short release, but it does help me function a lot better over the entire day, and my quality of work has significantly improved.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.