As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Woodpecker...

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
Got a woodpecker that comes every year and attacks my TV antenna.

It's at least 25 feet up and can't climb up to it, no safe way to get up there.

Too high for using a hose to reach. I'd only want to scare it off.

Don't want to risk trying to move antenna and have it stop working in a bad spot.

Any ideas how to chase it off before it completely destroys my antenna?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You can try putting up one of those fake owls

Most big home improvement stores or hardware stores should have them

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Supersoaker maybe? Slingshot and water balloons for AoE?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Woodpeckers don't like reflective stuff. So something that's reflective and moves in the wind (kite/balloon/reflex hanger/reflective windmill) tends to keep them away.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    We have a woodpecker that attacks our chimney cap (not made out of wood). Its a mating thing I guess. So you can wait for the season to pass or attach some gaudy shiny streamers to it if you can get up to it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Woodpeckers don't like reflective stuff. So something that's reflective and moves in the wind (kite/balloon/reflex hanger/reflective windmill) tends to keep them away.

AOL CDs used to be great for this, since they were usually lightly printed and shiny on both sides. You can't get infinite free CDs from them anymore but a 10 pack of CD-Rs is like $5-7.