Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    WE HAVE DOUBLE RIDERS

REPEAT: DOUBLE RIDERS

6fg5cwsl2291.jpeg

w5nsctxj4c4u.jpeg

22uafdt6f63d.jpeg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Here's a good look at the next Super Sentai team, Avataro Sentai Donbrothers.
    8RwBgMy.jpg

• Options
    Some more actors were confirmed to be returning for the Kamen Rider OOO 10-Year film.
    R9NJ48e.jpg

The Greeeds' actors are indeed returning though it's not yet clear if their characters are somehow returning as their original selves or if these will be 2.0 versions similar to the Foundation-X copies. There will also be a brand new Greeed coming in named Gouda, played by Satoshi Hino. Hino's done Toku-work before, being the voice of Ultraman Titus.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh, that’s awesome

I can’t believe it’s been 10 years

I should rewatch OOO again

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    There's a shirt up at the Yetee for AGDQ that might interest some Ultraman fans in this thread.

Also, to avoid double posting, Miss Kuroitsu from the Monster Development Department is probably worth a watch, as long as you don't mind gag boobs too much.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Preorders finally went up for SHF Revi and Vice. They are separate, but of course they packed the weapons with Vice since I imagine otherwise he wouldn’t sell as well.

They both seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere now. I ordered Revi, but passed on Vice. Just don’t really care much for his character or design. He’s no Ankh or even Momotaros. Annoying that the weapons are packed with him, but I couldn’t justify the extra cost.

Maybe I’ll pick him up preowned months from now

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/S2JykYtIk1E

The OOO-10 movie will have a net prequel that looks to among other things show off the origin of the new upgrade for a Rider as seen in the picture below.
    Wnma5MP.jpg

• Options
    Yesss, give me all the OOOs

On a related note, I bought a SHFSS TaToBa from someone, looking forward to that arriving

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Pictures for a new Vistamp toy hints at the next upgrade(?) for Kamen Rider Revice.
    L5ZENDXh.png

The new addition is called the Rolling Vistamp, the new mode it brings called Jakku(Evil) Revice. While the paint theme of the Vistamp and name of the mode seems to indicate Evil's connected to it somehow, the so-far translated sounds from other promo pictures point to Vice using the form to take over Revi's body.

• Options
    Interesting, the
    helmet definitely looks like Vice taking over the Barid Rex design

Wonder if maybe Ikki is incapacitated somehow and Vice is forced to assume control to save him?

I wish SIC still existed

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    Wait, in Super Hero Senki, there is an Akibaranger Sentai Gear? Nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I was just showing my friends Akiba Ranger last night. We're about halfway through the first season, and it's been a great time...besides a few unfortunate quirks of early 2000s fansubbing. Although a similar slur found its way into the official dub of Cromartie, we also recently discovered.

Edit: They were apparently really into it because it was requested we finish it tonight. When we got to the twist everyone had very good reactions I was very happy about.

Then they wanted to watch the first episode of the second season and left very (jokingly) upset, which was even better.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Didn't mention this before but Kamen Rider Revice has a webvideo mini-series going on called The Mystery, involving Revi, Vice, Demons and George getting wrapped up in a murder mystery at a mansion. The poster advertising it previously had some figures blacked out but now it's pretty much all uncovered with two of the special guest starts in full view with the next episode's preview promising more.
    wdBxWzCh.png

Yes, Ryu Terri AKA Kamen Rider Accel and Kamen Rider Drive's Detective Genpachiro Otta are both helping to solve the case. Screenshots from the preview indicate that George will be running into Gridon and Bravo, both having their upgrades from the recent Gaim Gaiden.

• Options
    So scans for February are coming in for Revice, showing off the new upgrade.
    KFnqO7I.jpg

So it looks like things might be a bit goofier then the sounds from the new Vistamp implies, with Ikki and Vice swapping places.

wwyZwM6.jpg
    JED6TOD.jpg

That said, this could lead to trouble if the swap ends up leaving them stuck in this new state longer then Ikki would like. Not that Vice minds judging by his leisurely antics.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Didn't mention this before but Kamen Rider Revice has a webvideo mini-series going on called The Mystery, involving Revi, Vice, Demons and George getting wrapped up in a murder mystery at a mansion. The poster advertising it previously had some figures blacked out but now it's pretty much all uncovered with two of the special guest starts in full view with the next episode's preview promising more.
    wdBxWzCh.png

Yes, Ryu Terri AKA Kamen Rider Accel and Kamen Rider Drive's Detective Genpachiro Otta are both helping to solve the case. Screenshots from the preview indicate that George will be running into Gridon and Bravo, both having their upgrades from the recent Gaim Gaiden.

I wonder how canon this is? It was my understanding that
    in Revice's world, it's basically like our world where Kamen Rider is just a show, and George is a superfan, so he made his power armor into Kamen Rider homages.

But if this is canon, then obviously Drive, W, and Gaim are real. Also, Revice and Saber did cross over, which makes it kinda funny that the actor for the original Kamen Rider Calibur is playing a character in this webshow.

It's probably best not to worry much about it, just interesting

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    wdBxWzCh.png

in Revice's world, it's basically like our world where Kamen Rider is just a show, and George is a superfan, so he made his power armor into Kamen Rider homages.

But if this is canon, then obviously Drive, W, and Gaim are real. Also, Revice and Saber did cross over, which makes it kinda funny that the actor for the original Kamen Rider Calibur is playing a character in this webshow.

I too keep trying to make sense out of post-Heisei era continuity and hurting my brain because of Heisei and Reiwa’s absolute disdain for a coherent canon

Back in the day all riders were canon and they showed up and had even more super powers when they held hands

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    wdBxWzCh.png

I too keep trying to make sense out of post-Heisei era continuity and hurting my brain because of Heisei and Reiwa’s absolute disdain for a coherent canon

Back in the day all riders were canon and they showed up and had even more super powers when they held hands

The assumption is that this point Japan is under permanent quarantine by the rest of the world and they just dont talk about it much (I mean, how many times in recent rider series has it nearly doomed the world/universe/whatever?)

That or we blame Build AND Zi-O

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    This is also Decade's fault.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    This is also Decade's fault.

Well that's just a given.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, there's an explanation of the main cast of DonBrothers making the rounds:

Finally doing what they should have done with KyoryuBlue, you cowards.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    So, there's an explanation of the main cast of DonBrothers making the rounds:

Finally doing what they should have done with KyoryuBlue, you cowards.

Kijino TsuyoshiXLeito Igaguri team up special when, Toei+Tsubaraya?

Kijino’s a family man, Leito’s a family man. Kijino becomes a very tall man, Leito becomes an even… taller man. It’s all there!

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    wdBxWzCh.png

So Kamen Rider Revice: The Mystery webshow:
    I can't believe I didn't realize the actor that played Kamen Rider Calibur was the Snake Orphnoch from Faiz

Man, he's so much older now

And so now it makes so much sense why he's playing this character in this webshow...

because he's a Snake Orphnoch again

I'm gonna guess this webshow isn't really canon, but it's a ton of fun

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Uh...Donbrothers might be good??? There's a bunch of wild ass shit going on in the first episode.

The CGI for pink/black is insanely horrible though. Like, incredibly distracting.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So the OOO-10 movie's out in theaters and spoilers have been coming in.
    And if true, Ankh's back but at the expense of Eiji who was mortally wounded with an off-screen fight with the King prior to the movie's beginning. Also the King ends up not being the film's villain but rather Goda, another new Greeed based on Eiji's desires. Using Eiji's body much like Ankh did with Hina's brother, he fights the King. Once he's beaten, Goda absorbs the King's Medals to become his own Rider, Ankh taking his place inside of Eiji for the final showdown.

• Options
    The first look at Kamen Rider Black and Shadow-Moon from the upcoming Black Sun film was posted online.

• Options
    Those are just new SIC figures, you can't fool me.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Those are just new SIC figures, you can't fool me.

I almost believed you, but you made one critical error

SIC is dead, baby, SIC is dead

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Heh, did you think you were done with Kuroto Dan?

Only Kuroto Dan can decide when he's done!

sijTc4H.png

Yes, it looks like Toei's April Fools' Day joke is actually legit. Kamen Rider Gemn returns in 'Kamen Rider Gemn: Smart Brain and the 1000% Crisis'. Tetsuya Iwanaga returns as Dan, this time in a more solid-state Humagear body. Also returning is Shinya Kote AKA Ren Amagasaki AKA the Lovelica Bugster. While the 1000% in the title hints at the return of Gai Amatsu AKA Kamen Rider Thouser from the previous Gemn special, it's not clear if Smart Brain is the villainous corporation from 'Kamen Rider Faiz' or something else.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Sure. I liked The Presidents special.

• Options
    Putting Dan’s data into a Humagear is pretty clever, and I do love Thouser, so hopefully he returns

In Revice news, it’s pretty good so far. Has any other Rider had all these side shows during the season? The Mystery was super fun and had great references to past Riders, and the first ep of Vail was cool

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Looks like the Akibarangers are getting Keys and Gears as part of their 10th anniversary. Be nice to see more on the way for the event.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    A promo poster for the upcoming Kamen Rider Gemn sequel popped up and it looks like it's finally happening.
    XenOxT5h.png

Yes, it looks like it's finally time for Gemn Hyper Muteki! And not only is Thouser coming back but it looks like he's getting an Ark-based form too.

EDIT: And here's the trailer, also boxed due to it's screencap being the same as the poster above.
    https://youtu.be/RfLLGAm-qsc

So it looks like from a couple of seconds from that trailer that this will indeed be a most unusual crossover.
    Ex-Aid x Zero-One x Faiz

EDIT the 2nd: And here's a look at the new stuff.
    lDa0aG1h.jpgVlUQYRIh.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    They gave him Sephiroth bangs

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also:

img
    et1wy4yj8gh3.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Whoa, this transformation from the new Gemn special.

EDIT: The other one isn't too shabby either.

Also some of you might recognize the person playing the character from the special that's been named 'Smart Queen'.
    7inI1dIh.png

Owenashi on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    And it makes sense because it mirrors Muteki as Cloud and I never realized it. Damn.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    And it makes sense because Muteki has Cloud's hairstyle and I never realized it. Damn.
    Eeeeh muteki gamer is way too symmetrical and doesn’t have the lean on that giant upward jutting bang like Cloud has.

1200px-Cloud_SSBU.png

Hyper_Invincible_Ex-Aid%21.png

I think in Muteki’s case it’s meant as a starburst, complementing the ones on the paldrons and the chest

Given you can translate Muteki as “invincible” I’d say the reference there is Mario’s starmen

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    okay but now explain the dreadlocks

This discussion has been closed.