As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the real [Heroes of the Storm] were the friends we made along the way

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    So I spent the whole day trying Imperius. I did good in a lot of games.

I've got the hang of his Q, but in a weird way. Tried "on release", but it felt awkward for me. I couldn't walk around with the key held down without movement being messed up or accidentally setting it off. But it did show me that the spot to aim for is about half an inch of space in front of the target.

I actually do end up taking Wrath of Angiris often. It's probably not as good, but it's sure more fun. One situation it works great in is against a Hammer. Especially if you take the Unstoppable talent at 20. It's a free Hammer kill every fight.

What's confusing me now is I have no idea how I'm going to do when I dive in. Sometimes I do nothing. Sometimes I go into beast mode, being immortal and exploding everyone. I can never tell why each time.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    One very silly thing about impy flying ult is that it can't fly over impassable terrain. I was behind an enemy gate and got someone, but couldn't fly past the gate back to my team.

It looked really dumb.

Guessing it's the same for falling sword. I think it's because the coding doesn't actually have anything flying.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Same with Entangle somehow rooting "flying" stuff like Raynor's banshee.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    So I spent the whole day trying Imperius. I did good in a lot of games.

I've got the hang of his Q, but in a weird way. Tried "on release", but it felt awkward for me. I couldn't walk around with the key held down without movement being messed up or accidentally setting it off. But it did show me that the spot to aim for is about half an inch of space in front of the target.

I actually do end up taking Wrath of Angiris often. It's probably not as good, but it's sure more fun. One situation it works great in is against a Hammer. Especially if you take the Unstoppable talent at 20. It's a free Hammer kill every fight.

What's confusing me now is I have no idea how I'm going to do when I dive in. Sometimes I do nothing. Sometimes I go into beast mode, being immortal and exploding everyone. I can never tell why each time.

I suggest going to youtube and searching for "fan hots imperius". You'll learn so much from watching him play and he's got lots of examples available across different builds.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    One thing about Angiris is the cooldown time should be swapped with his other ult. Making the high risk ult that leaves you vulnerable with a very easy to miss skillshot being on the longer cooldown doesn't make much sense.

One thing about Angiris is the cooldown time should be swapped with his other ult. Making the high risk ult that leaves you vulnerable with a very easy to miss skillshot being on the longer cooldown doesn't make much sense.

My guess is that they "balanced" it around the level 20 cooldown reduction giving you more ults in a short period of time. Should just bake in a cooldown reduction and remove that aspect of the ult.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Angelic Armaments is just a personal defensive cooldown with a little "fuck you damage" baked into the end. Wrath of Angiris is a kidnap/pick and mobility ult with some big play potential. It probably deserves to have the higher cooldown.

It should have at least some kind of 50% cooldown reduction on missed shots.

It should have at least some kind of 50% cooldown reduction on missed shots.

I wouldn't reward poor execution. A general cooldown of 15-20 seconds might be fine. It's honestly not that high of an impact ult for such a long cooldown. More like a bad Stitches hook.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2022
    Tried watching the Fan Imperius videos.

While the guy is super skilled, I find he's pretty terrible for educational purposes. He sporadically mumbles throughout the entire video, and almost never explains his decisions or breaks anything down. He makes for some great highlight videos, but not instructional ones.

NotParadox is a lot better at explanations and walkthroughs. Though he overexplains a tad and I have to watch his stuff on 150% speed.

MrBody on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    NotParadox also tends to show things on screen that have absolutely no relationship to the things he is supposedly attempting to educate you on

Here's a video explaining why AA Valla is so good! Let me illustrate this to you by showing a 25 minute video of my team winning purely by macro and me showing Valla game play that has no meaningful difference between AA Valla and any other Valla build!

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’ve found the Fan videos to be better for show rather than tell.

For example, it wasn’t until his videos where I realized I should do his fire line attack into impale to double up.

Nobody wrote: »

For example, it wasn’t until his videos where I realized I should do his fire line attack into impale to double up.

Yeah, whenever I want to learn a character I just watch a Fan video. It's basically, "This is how you play the character correctly." If you can, try and catch his stream live (6-11pm PST) during the week. He's very interactive with chat and will answer a lot of questions.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2022

(1:30 mark)
    https://youtu.be/bKRx70-NHsw?t=90

Use it with Impaling Light talent, and if you manage to hit just 2 heroes, you can pull off 3 impales back to back.

MrBody on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular

(1:30 mark)
    https://youtu.be/bKRx70-NHsw?t=90

Use it with Impaling Light talent, and if you manage to hit just 2 heroes, you can pull off 3 impales back to back.

I wasn’t comparing the Fan videos to the Notparadox ones, rather, stating that watching his actions works out better than expecting him to explain them.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    "So that's how I should be playing that character if I were 10 years younger and had 10x better speed and precision."

You can do it!

I'll be 38 in June, man.

milk ducks wrote: »
    You can do it!

I'll be 38 in June, man.

I'm 46 now, so if I can do it, so can you.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Well... Dover...

<3

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Well geez, I feel like a huge idiot for just now noticing 2 things about Imperius.

I thought the diamonds that indicated Brands just counted up left to right, with a max of 3. But no, each diamond corresponds to one of your 3 basic abilities and each one can only apply one brand at a time. So Q/W/E apply the left/mid/right diamond. All this time I thought if the right one was lit up, that meant 3.

The E isn't an AoE. The "aura" is just a range for an auto target, rapid fire version of something like Sylvanus' Q, All this time I thought it was AoE, and that it was best used surrounded by enemy minions. Turns out it's the exact opposite, and you want to hit it with nothing but enemy heroes nearby.

duh

You can do it!

I'll be 38 in June, man.
    Mrs. Mellinger says I can't.

Dover, there's no way you're 46 lol; you look younger than me!

edited April 2022
    Yay, mobile forums are back! No more ads now. :)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    "Sorry guys I gotta bail. Gotta get a COVID test."
    (a teammate has left the game)

What are you talking about? Are you trying to tell me this isn't the face of a 46-year old?

p7kwfjxrsmzc.png

Having a baby-face was a blessing/curse. People thought I was 16-18 until the end of my 20s and now most people clock me in my early 30s. Another strange thing is that I hardly grow facial hair, so I only have to shave after 4-5 days. Sucked when I was younger (because I wanted to be treated as an adult), but super great now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2022
    Signs you're old af: you passed two small kidney stones in the last 24 hrs

Signs you still got it: still not as painful as laddering with randos

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited April 2022
    I had to explain to a coworker once what the manual window crank in her rental car was for.

milk ducks on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I miss crank windows

What if drive into a river?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited April 2022
    I miss crank windows

What if drive into a river?

If you drive into a river, I say you deserve what's coming to you.

https://youtu.be/DOW_kPzY_JY

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    If the machine tells you, you have to do it.

• WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

What are you talking about? Are you trying to tell me this isn't the face of a 46-year old?

Hiding glorious mug:
    Having a baby-face was a blessing/curse. People thought I was 16-18 until the end of my 20s and now most people clock me in my early 30s. Another strange thing is that I hardly grow facial hair, so I only have to shave after 4-5 days. Sucked when I was younger (because I wanted to be treated as an adult), but super great now.

I had the same thing for most of my time when I was in the Army. It was fantastic knowing I would go on a field problem and not have to deal with shaving.

If only it had lasted.....

• tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I'm about the same. I remember I got carded once when I was like 24 for trying to buy a lottery ticket.

tyrantula22 on
    Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    I feel like an idiot: Vol 2

After reaching level 12 with Valeera, I just realized that you don't have to wait the 3 seconds for Deep Shadow to kick in so you can get the bonus to each ability. You can do it immediately after hitting Vanish. The only thing Deep Shadow does is double the range and make you blink to the target.

I did pretty well with Valeera before. Can't wait to try her without the handicap of being dumb.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have not played Valeera since the quest for pants
    I have been really tempted to but I rare get the assassin or wow dailies

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    5-2 in ranked today. 4 games as Zarya, 4 wins as Zarya. My swole girl is real good.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    My wife won a QM game on Alterac Pass that went over 40 minutes with the game ending at level 29 vs 28 and a kill count of 54-28. All structures destroyed.

But the Chef's Kiss? The enemy Kael'Thas never finished their Convection quest. :*<3

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2022
    Talents you know you're in trouble when you see your teammates pick:

Convection
    Furnace
    Tormented Souls
    Anything but Daemonic Might for Deathwing lvl 1

and the Grandprize goes to...

Vile Infection when Nazeebo is nowhere close to 175 stacks :(

MrBody on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Talents you know you're in trouble when you see your teammates pick:

Convection
    Furnace
    Tormented Souls
    Anything but Daemonic Might for Deathwing lvl 1

and the Grandprize goes to...

Vile Infection when Nazeebo is nowhere close to 175 stacks :(

All of DW's level 1's can work. It's situational. Draconic Might was nerfed hard from its release version.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    How do you counter mediv in ARAM?

By having 2 Diablos on your team.
    Poor, poor mediv. 😢

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Furnace can be the right pick occasionally.