As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AMAZING JOY BUZZARDS, GYAKUSHU!, AQUA LEUNG, POPGUN UPDATE

Mark Andrew SmithMark Andrew Smith Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Graphic Violence
Here's your update:

Hi this is Mark Smith writing you to give you an update for Amazing Joy Buzzards and everything Hipp and Smith for the Spring and the Summer. This July 2008 will feature an all new Original Graphic Novel for the Amazing Joy Buzzards titled MONSTER LOVE.

MONSTERLOVE-1.jpg

Also being reprinted are The Amazing Joy Buzzards Volumes 1 & 2 in one Volume titled: HERE COME THE SPIDERS. This volume is only the continuity issues of Amazing Joy Buzzards with none of the guest material, so the story reads straight through all the way, and leads into the next volume MONSTER LOVE. This is the Joy Buzzards remastered edition which will be out in May at 300 pages. The new volume is printed in the Sin City Digest format.

AJB_NEWV1_MARCHPREVIEWS.jpg

The follow up to Monster Love and the third Volume of Amazing Joy Buzzards is planned for July of 2009 and titled Strohm’s pit.

GYAKUSHU! VOL. 2: This February will show the release of Gyakushu Vol. 2 from Dan Hipp which is printed by Tokyopop. Make sure you pick up Volumes 1 and 2 of this series and the 3rd Volume will be out in February of 2009. You can read all about it on Dan's Blog: http://www.mrhipp.blogspot.com/

GYAV2_COVER.jpg

This April will be the premier of AQUA LEUNG an original graphic by Paul Maybury and myself that breathes fresh air into the story of Atlantis. We’ve been working on this book for 3 years and it’s something that I’m very excited about. You can read an interview with Paul about Aqua Leung here:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=142808

aqua_leung_cover_hi_2-1.jpg

K.A.P!: KILL ALL PARENTS!

In May I have a 34 page one shot coming out with Marcelo Dichiara who's the artist on Marvel's "Iron Man Power Pack", the book is called " K.A.P!: KILL ALL PARENTS! Kill All Parents is the story of an authoritarian government's secret program to 'save' mankind by eliminating villains: by insuring that every child born with a super power becomes a super hero. Based on the life's work of a brilliant but demented scientist and futurist, the method is effective but fantastically cruel, unnatural, and ultimately deeply flawed. We follow the last of the strong heroes, the remaining brave, who fight for not only their future and the lives of their families, but that of all mankind.

KAPcvColor.jpg

POPGUN VOL. 2, the Massive and Beautiful Anthology I edit with Joe Keatinge is out in July 2008 and the work is amazing. So be sure to pick up Popgun Volume 1 as well as Popgun Volume 2.

1604861260_04235364de_o.jpg

There are also a some AJB one shots planned for Fall as well: AJB: THE TUNISIAN LAVA SQUIRELL or...
pinup_final.jpg

Amazing Joy Buzzards are in Savage Dragon.

SD137cov.jpg

AJB & TALES FROM THE BULLY PULPIT.

covermh0.jpg

Mark Andrew Smith on

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I blame these two threads entirely on Jessie Garret.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am very interested in Gyakushu! I read about it a few years and meant to get volume 1, but somehow it kind of slipped back under my radar. I have heard about AJB and want to get that too. Maybe with the tax refund or birthday cash.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Mark Andrew SmithMark Andrew Smith Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Gyakushu! is pretty badass, I live in Korea so I'm going to have to special order it. The first one rocked so I want to see how he does on the second. AJB is a lot of fun and it's going to feel good to get it out in trades and then wrap up some of the story lines in the next two years.

Mark Andrew Smith on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I really enjoyed Gyakushu! It felt very much like an old samurai movie, which was cool, and I'm a huge fan of Hipp's art, so I'm looking forward to Vol. 2. I'll definitely get Aqua Leung and Popgun Vol. 2 since the former sounds like the badass pseudo Aquaman story I've always wanted to read, and I loved Popgun Vol. 1. KAP sounds pretty interesting too. I might pick it up since it's just a one-shot.

Munch on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm ordering Gyakushu the next time I get to the store, and reserving a copy of the second volume. I want that Joy Buzzards thing too, but it doesn't come out until May. So, I am getting every one of those books.

DouglasDanger on